Southeast Michigan Gathering

DizRotus

If you are interested in a Klipsch forum gathering in Southeast Michigan,  check out page 12 of the thread linked below.  The plan is to agree on a Saturday in August.  By using this dedicated thread and PM, we can coordinate planning without further disruption to the other thread.  If you are interested, or if you know other forum members who might be interested, feel free to join in.

@ClaudeJ1, @bhenry, @kevinmi, @Escher, @mopardave, @teaman, @whell

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Audio Flynn said:

3rd is definitely booked for me.

Glad you saw this Flynn.  I suggest anyone interested do as you have done, by indicating unavailable days.  Obviously, even with a month, it will be impossible to get a date everyone can make.

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Glad you saw this Flynn.  I suggest anyone interested do as you have done, by indicating unavailable days.  Obviously, even with a month, it will be impossible to get a date everyone can make.

September would be easier to commit to, than august.  I'm going on vacation in august and the wife hasn't picked the date yet.  

7 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I'm going on vacation in august and the wife hasn't picked the date yet.

She's simply waiting to find out what weekend you choose to do something important to you....and she'll choose that weekend for the vacation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coytee said:

She's simply waiting to find out what weekend you choose to do something important to you....and she'll choose that weekend for the vacation.

LOL! Everything is done in the last minute around here.

• Like 2

I leave it to the hosts, including me, to select the demo medium and music.  IMO, the whole point is to experience what the host likes.  Each host gets to control the demo choices.

That said, I always ask guests if there is something they’d like to hear.  They would need to provide a CD player, as I haven’t used one for years.  I will try to have a turntable operational, but make no  promises.  Similarly, I always bring a Pono player loaded with good demo music if circumstances permit.  I don’t typically travel with vinyl or CDs.

YMMV

• Thanks 1

My 2 systems only play cd's and vinyl. If you want to hear digital, you have to bring your own hardware. You are welcome to bring your favorites along, or ask ahead of time and see if I have them already. Anyone is invited to stop by anytime individually also-no need to wait for a caravan!

As long as I have some notice I can usually make a day or two get away happen. This sounds like fun! Wish I had a way to turn on notices for just one thread... heck maybe there is. 

I'll have a 3 hour drive to get down there....

I found the button for notifications. Not sure what it will notify me of...

August is a tough one for me as well.  Sounds great but really has to do with when.  Looks to be a little under 4 hours from here, no big deal with that but the last 1/2 of August, the wife and i are gone on vacation.  I'll keep checking the thread and would have to let you know when a date is decided. 

21 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I can do any weekend in August except 8/16 - 8/18.  Can we say Saturday 8/10?  How many can make that date work?

I think it should happen over several weekends to accommodate everyone at some point. My setup is ALL horns, with Klipsch and Danley, plus one of my own design, which will be built by the time y'all get here. As of yesterday, I now have a Baltic Birch flat pack which, when assembled, will give me Identical Twin TH-50 proto subs against the front wall, doubling as "speaker stands that make low bass too," which I have now but they are Fraternal Twins, not identical. LOL. The rear wall "6 foot speaker stand that makes ever LOWER sub bass (13 Hz.) will hold up a pair of KP-250's as channels 6 and 7 for HT. Basically, at the touch of a button, I can play demos for either 2-channel or HT freaks, or both. Let there be Atmos!