Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Ill blame all the grand parents that took their bratty grandkids to eat there. 

They should have known better right from the start. 

Stupid grand parents.

I think mcD specified  'I don't give a sh*t, Cheap!'

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, NADman said:

The largest gypsum quarry in the world is located in Nova Scotia and is owned by National Gypsum.

East coast of Canada is a lot closer to 'Hurricane Alley' than China.

Maybe they just wanted the 'less expensive' stuff.

There was a shortage, they could not make it fast enough, it was shipped from all over the country then ran out. Houses were being held up because you could not buy the parts, no plumbing as in toilets, showers, sinks almost everything had to be ordered and was back ordered and took months to get anything. The reason was the shear volume of everything needed, it affected the southern 1/4 of 3 states and the closest to the coast were totally gone, not just flooded, just slabs left.

Price was not the problem, they had gone up already, no sales on anything full MSRP if you were lucky to even get it. This lasted probably a year before things caught up as demand went down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, just finished watching the C-Span coverage from yesterday. Have attended telephone conference calls before and heard a dog whining at times during the call along towards the end a turkey Yelp a couple of times. Evidently the ones on the call must not have heard this.

On one call I had, the phone line was left open line and some could hear a man whistling, humming, coughing, and generally using the bathroom facilities to full advantage. This went on for no less than 20 minutes while the call leaders were trying to locate the culprit. 

So, this one was a rather mild affair in comparison. Actually, a civil affair relatively speaking.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

There was a shortage, they could not make it fast enough, it was shipped from all over the country then ran out. Houses were being held up because you could not buy the parts, no plumbing as in toilets, showers, sinks almost everything had to be ordered and was back ordered and took months to get anything. The reason was the shear volume of everything needed, it affected the southern 1/4 of 3 states and the closest to the coast were totally gone, not just flooded, just slabs left.

Price was not the problem, they had gone up already, no sales on anything full MSRP if you were lucky to even get it. This lasted probably a year before things caught up as demand went down.

Katrina and the fallout continue -----https://www.science20.com/hank_campbell/the_army_corps_of_engineers_wanted_to_prevent_hurricane_katrina_devastation_environmentalists_sued_now_they_re

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NADman said:

The largest gypsum quarry in the world is located in Nova Scotia and is owned by National Gypsum.

East coast of Canada is a lot closer to 'Hurricane Alley' than China.

Maybe they just wanted the 'less expensive' stuff.

and the Canadian quality is A1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

the Chinese GVNMT has suspended all tolls on expressways due to Covid 19-until the crisis ends

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/China-freezes-highway-tolls-to-boost-economy-but-move-comes-at-a-cost

?Do you think they will go to electric

Vehicles, mopeds, bicycles for the lungs for their own sake?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Based on the results, the Chinese rocket should not have been launched. It is these incidents that can become accidents launching us into yet another fracass with China.

-if could have hit NYC ,---------a message in disguise ----------you might say

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/large-chunks-of-a-chinese-rocket-missed-new-york-city-by-about-15-minutes/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

?Do you think they will go to electric

Vehicles, mopeds, bicycles for the lungs for their own sake?

,  they are ahead of everybody in electric vehicles , I was in Liaoning Province a year ago , the rain was black -when it rains , you dont drive -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RANDYH said:

,  they are ahead of everybody in electric vehicles , I was in Liaoning Province a year ago , the rain was black -when it rains , you dont drive -

Guess they will be in the age of coal for awhile longer...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

... which doesn't surprise me.  

I don't know what "special" powers exist by virtue of this virus as I have seen no reporting or discussion that "special" powers even exist. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

... which doesn't surprise me.  

I don't know what "special" powers exist by virtue of this virus as I have seen no reporting or discussion that "special" powers even exist. 

Do you have any idea of what the Wisconsin constitution says?  I don't.

• dtel locked this topic