Lack of volume

Jefe

37 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Sounds about right for a LasScala  --your tube amp is  rated at 35 wpc   ---  the speaker is rated at 100 wpc

Once again, more false information.  The wpc ratings of the amp and speakers have absolutely nothing to do with the OP's perceived issue.  Your La Scalas should be practically driving you out of the house at 10 watts, if not less.

• Like 1

• Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
  • Fully horn-loaded three-way system with a folded-horn 15" woofer 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers
  • Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range

11 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

yeah right , the Laws of physics dont apply to Lascala's , and an  amplifier that  is rated at 35wpc , at 12 o'clock  , does not  produce more than 10 wpc ---

You still don't get it.

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M

Randy, do you understand what this means?

Not all amps have a linear response to their volume controls i.e., 12 o'clock on a 35W/c amp isn't 17.5 watts, know what I'm sayin'? Usually they're designed with a lot of fine control up to the first watt. My old Yamaha amp appeared to run about 1 watt at 12 o'clock. But I'll bet that's not the OP's problem.

Are they used LaScala's and somebody connected the individual drivers to the crossover out of phase somewhere?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

which means you still don't get it.

post the video , 1w/1m  , 105DB  with an LS   , I'll be waiting for the results -better yet , do a 10 watts test and let's see how many DB a LS can produce , with K33-K55-K77:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Jefe said:

I would expect my La Scalas to be driving me out of the room with the volume at 9 o'clock but it's not until I get up to 11 or 12 o'clock that they start getting loud. What could be causing this? 

Knob position isn't really a great factor in determining if something is not right... unless you happen to have history with that same set up. Changing one thing like speakers can change the entire 'ratio'... but generally the Klipsch LS should yield less movement/clocking on the attenuator than almost any other speaker manufacturer.

What is your reference to something 'causing' issues?

28 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I’m still trying to figure out how we know he is using a 35W tube amp?

-Thanks @geoff.------it's even worse   , the amp is pushing 70 wpc ,  they have 3 variants of the Aeolos integrated tube amp  , this is the Tsakiridis Aeolos Ultra  -

http://www.tsakiridis-devices.com/integrated_amplifiers_aeolos.html

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/197347-cause-of-clicking-or-ticking-sound-on-la-scalas/&tab=comments#comment-2571398