Audiophiles are Full of CRAP! A Cheap Audio Man Rant

jjptkd

He has obviously edited this (note the choppy video) which suggests to me his unedited rambling would drive me bats*** crazy...LOL.  And, while I do agree with him, I can't imagine any "audiophiles" slapping a palm to the forehead after watching and admitting that they have been wrong all along.

Loved the story about the guy telling him how wrong he was about the Elac speakers then admitting he had never heard them.

• Like 2

Just keep in mind, sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. Not every time, but more often than not, a thing costs more because you get more. I have found that many times when someone in an audio forum (not just this one) poo poos something expensive, either they can't afford it or are really trying to justify some cheap crap they bought instead. Again, not every time, YMMV, etc. etc........

39 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Just keep in mind, sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. Not every time, but more often than not, a thing costs more because you get more. I have found that many times when someone in an audio forum (not just this one) poo poos something expensive, either they can't afford it or are really trying to justify some cheap crap they bought instead. Again, not every time, YMMV, etc. etc........

That is what got me buying B&W speakers.  I kept hearing them being trashed on here and saw a pair of DM3000 local on Craigslist.  Never heard a pair.  No intention of buying. Listened for a few minutes and made a deal, then on to the 800 series.

I came full circle back to the Palladiums, which according to this forum are either great speakers, junk, or 'for what you paid for those you could have gotten ___________.'  Depends on the season, not sure if they are good or bad around here anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I came full circle back to the Palladiums, which according to this forum are either great speakers, junk, Depends on the season, not sure if they are good or bad around here anymore. 

That's funny! I've had the P-17's and P-27c center-- liked both they certainty had their own sound to them, would love to check out a set of towers someday.

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Just keep in mind, sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. Not every time, but more often than not, a thing costs more because you get more.

I've been doing a bit of soul searching since this whole Carver 275 debacle-- $2750 for a 15x2 tube amp which was advertised as a 75x2. Honestly I didn't do a lot of research before purchasing trusted the name and it seemed to fit what I was looking for. 

After the fact I've been looking at what I could get to replace it and there's literally dozens and dozens (probably over 100) of tube amps from $200 up to $25k. It's almost information overload and I have no idea what each piece would sound like. I really don't want to go on a years long quest flipping through equipment any longer. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I wonder if he can get these closer together?  Do the horns integrate well in three feet?

15 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I thought the same thing. Very close.

In the audiophiles are full of crap vid.  My eyes are drawn to the artwork on the back wall on his left.  Very interesting.  it seems we know what he does like. 😀 

well he did make a score.. but also claimed he might get or build a new home...