Explain what your user name means:

kenratboy

Colterphoto1 sais.. "Me, I just photograph weddings, the lowest rung on the ladder of professional photography!"

Michael

No Michael your way to humble. You capture moments that will last a lifetime. A huge difference than say "uncle harry" with his new digital cam. I have seen your work, 1st class all the way.

Well reading this has added to my idea that most that post are inventive, innovative, imaginative

or a combination of all three.

Sorry to interrupt, but what Indy said and I agree with about a time in life regarding Michael, made me think about what people have put into their names, what and how they post and the true intelligence level of the Members. Very high.

Back to the usual listing of how you chose your Posting name...

well,... I have been a professional musician

since I got out of college in 1979.

I am incredibly blessed to GET PAID TO ROCK !

So for these last 26 years I feel I was born to rock you !

DO I really need to explain? :)

Endover... been there done that! I was on a family vacation in the Netherlands & went on a mountain bike trip. About half way through, I came over the top of a hill and didn't see a big pot hole & went "end over end" unfortunately I spent the rest of the trip with a broken rib or two!

SeaDog is the name of the boat that I've had for nearly 10 years. It's a 1968 ChrisCraft cruiser (31' Commander to be exact). I needed a user name when I joined this forum, and my "other" hobby came to mind. Between audio and boating, I'm broke and tired and happy.10.gif

Mine was chosen because I love to hash politics and have little use for governmental or religious institutions. It was chosen because Jeffersonian Thoreau seemed a bit long and cryptic.

Years ago I was crashXXX which was based on my AMA racing number and the numerous spills I endured at Daytona and other racing venues.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my username is a personalized butchering of a character from Marvel's 'Ghost Rider' comic with a unique spelling change thrown in.

It sounded cool back in 1980 when I used to play Dungeons & Dragons...I needed a new character name. I designed this, and it stuck. It's one of a few names I go by when I'm online nowadays.

Popbumper: I saw your name description and the obvious link to your hobby. PM me if you get a chance....I'm interested in possibly purchasing a early Williams Blackout or Firepower. Can you help me out? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My user name comes from my Xbox Live Gametag. I came up with two ways.

1. Ghost: my family is big about halloween, it's just fun for us. Also it's the way I play some games. Come out of no where and surprise you.

2. Kid: last name is Kidwell and first is Michael. Lots of Mikes where ever I work or go, so people called me by my last name and it got shortened to Kid.

Well, I was sorta in a hurry when I signed up and wyatt's my middle name, so without much imagination...

colterphoto1, I frequently photograph the other end of wedding, the domestic dispute...

seadog, that's a REALLY Nice boat!!!

Hey to all the Veterans. On my 19th year of service in the Reserves(USN)and back at home..... wait, gotta get the phone....................................... uh-oh..6.gif

• 6 years later...

This is a good thread to resurrect, methinks...we have quite a few new members here.

Mine is a contraction of my name (...starting with "C" for "Chris") and the year that I started using the handle.

The guy in the avatar is Tommy - Border Collie (NOT a dog). He talks, too.

Chris A.

CRW_2042%20crop2.jpg

In the German language Fritz is a noun referring to a person in general.

From 1986 to 1989, I spent about 20hrs a week in a public woodshop building high end audio loud speakers. Often newcomers would ask the shop keepers questions about building audio speaker systems. The shop keepers would reply that they should come back between 6pm and 9pm when the speaker fritz is here.

Merkin The Oxford Companion to the Body dates the origin of the pubic wig to the 1450s. Women would shave their pubic hair and wear a merkin to combat pubic lice, and prostitutes would wear them to cover up signs of disease, such as syphilis.[2]

Also the swab pirates would use to clean the cannon bore between firings.

Translated from olde english, merkin mean a pubic hair wig. Which today are very rare aliek the term itself.

My wife is a gynecologist

Groom Lake = the actual name of the dry salt lake area on the old Nevada maps where the test site is located. Area 51; well that's what it's called now, even though it does not exist......

My office complex sat on the edge of Lake Okeechobee, and was referred to by the powers that be.... as Area 51. Strange commin's and goins', etc. Ultra secure facility, separate from the main office and guarded at night, etc., because I had serious guns, ammo, fast boats, Zodiac assault boats and motors, nice "Spec-ops" types toys, and constant DOD visitors related to certain projects I worked on... Before any of the "hoi-polloi" could come down, they had to call me. Only exception was the Sheriff, Undersheriff,or DOD folks.

My office inside the compound was a dream.... Heresy's and a Sansui AU-11000 tube amp; private bathroom and shower, all the niceties of home. Full service kitchen and laundry room. I dispatched my minions out at 0600 hours, and then supervised by FM radio and satcom communications systems.

My email address still reflects that old name, and the other non-public email address still shows up as "Special Projects" as the "alias".

Was fun, but when I turned 60 and after 42 years of running around on the water, under the water, in the woods and mountains, etc., I retired and now enjoy my personal collection of serious personal defense toys, strange top sekret assault boat and motor, nifty keen surveillance items perfect for home defense.... and my Klipsch stuff.

I still arise at 0:dark-30 hours for PT followed by a close patrol perimeter tour of the homestead, and late at night when all is quiet and I can examine the stars while listening to Boney-M's Nightflite to Venus over the K'horns, await the arrival of the motherships.... [:|][;)]

Ok, so I'm not right..... but at least I will always give warning shots and flares.......

[H]