Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

If Klipsch bothered to make a matching subwoofer for my silver RSX's, I might have bought one too. Gold does not match silver :

I think its also time for Klipsch to make a sub with dual drivers. Not this passive stuff, i mean two active drivers like in the multimedia subwoofers. The only new one I can think of is the KES 6100 sub with dual 8"'s But there is no port too which worries me.

As an SvS owner, I used to think stop your damn whining its a forum.

But I can't imagine how tough it is for a company to host a site and provide free advertisement for another company.

Klipsch has been very patient and forgiving on this matter.

I wonder how much an RSW15 would cost if Klipsch sold it direct adn cut out the price gouging brick and motars

I don't see it as just a sub-woofer problem.

I have seen Polk, Paradigm other speakers all pumped here.

Also SVS. I could not understand buying a speaker without hearing it first.

Instead of getting on trey's case, we should support him - his bosses will take notice of what is on Forums he is Moderating - I do not want to see him lose his job. I am not inferring, implying or stating that he has been threatened with no employment.

BUT, we do need to look at who pays for this Forum - true, we do indirectly, BUT how many other Speaker Companies provide such a Forum? If people ask in person what our opinions are, that is one thing. We are not limited by free rent. For the most, we have not been limited.

Trey there was a suggestion for the $500.00 market - direct to Consumer. It may not make the Dealers happy, but it can increase Market Share, Brand Loyalty, Perception of Response to Consumer wants AND budget. It can be done, with a point of trade up with no loss - dealers would like that.

Now for clarification, if we own another brand besides all of our Klipsch, are we to delete those from our Profile?

Thanks,

dodger

I have been a member since Jan. 2003 and am mostly a reader, only 72 post and have never replied on anything controversial as I don't possess the klipsch knowledge to debate effectivly however This issue seems to be more about supply and demand.

I will partially take Treys side, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to know you have top shelf products with an undieing loyalty and still people talk about and buy others( Just the subs) me included. SVS pb1-isd $645.00 delivered to my door. I couldn't find anything Klipsch that came close to that. I belive there should be more talk about Klipsch but you have to have competitive subs in affordable ranges not just the king of the hill. Klipsh has been around longer than most and has set and maintained a standard for high end audio and their price has been an indicator of that. Klipsch is also in less store so an audition is less possible and if you do find a store it's a very small one that caters to such an exclusive market that they seem to charging more than suggested retail because they know their clientel doesn't check their wallet before they buy. I think people understand that you can have more for less, other companies are doing it, if it wasn't for the used market I wouldn't have what I do. If there are two products that are comparable then loyalty will win everytime.

There is one other area that members have expressed interest in, the center for Heritage speakers, I may have missed a response from Klipsch but I don't remember them addressing that issue. so we have two areas that have been brought to the table, a center and subs. You are aware of it, we know quality products can be made at affordable prices, your members are telling you what they want from you, not someone else. That is your loyalty.

So instead of smacking that hand, shake it, ask for more input. These members are here day in and day out because we care, not just about our Klipsch, but about THE Klipsch. This is your R&D, If something is lacking these members will be honest about it.

I apologize if I offend or have insufficient information, I am only going on what I have read and certainly can't read every post.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease, I here the squeek where's the grease?

Jack.

Well after paying very good money for a KSW-15 (List $750) about 4 years ago and have the thing fall apart on me (port came loose, fell out, woofer trim ring fell off, had to silicone it back together) it left a bad taste in my mouth for Klipsch subwoofers. I had to turn it all the way up, it needed a high level of signal to even turn on, and it still did not sound that stellar. Then the LF-10 fiasco, what do guys expect people to do other than look at other manufacturers.

I run Klipsch Heritage speakers, and the RSW series as nice as they are, are pricey and don't dig near as deep as my 8 year old Velodyne F-1500R 15" Servo Subs nor are they as clean sounding. (Never been fond of passive radiators in subs) Sorry but it is the truth! Build a subwoofer worthy of the Heritage series, with good quality control, and offer it at a fair and equitable price and I will purchase it. I would certainly like to have an all Klipsch HT, but your subs leave something to be desired! Build it and they will come! Where is my RSW-18+?

Now the new sub system that was recently introduced as part of the THX Ultra 2 system seems like it is a winner, I would have to demo it before changing over from my current subwoofer configuration.

I do agree however that this is indeed a Klipsch forum and it is inundated with SVS chit chat, but why do you think that is? Think about it. Cost vs. performance perhaps. People are looking for the best performance that they can afford.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 8:30:31 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 10/15/2004 8:26:24 AM firefighter wrote:

The squeeky wheel gets the grease, I here the squeek where's the grease?

Jack.

----------------

Good post there, Jack. You raised some excellent points. Well done. I like how you finished it off!
2.gif

----------------

Greetings:

If I may add another two cents from the business perspective.

A good number of us that would like to see the Heritage Line more prominently available and a return of the Cornwalls are somewhat older. Yes we have more discretionary income, but that goes to a number of places.

Unfortunately, today more of the market does not want large speakers. Room is an issue, acceptance by spouse is another issue. The tall, thin designs such as the RF-7 and those similar are dominating. Especially as we come to the large screen HDTVs. Not all can dedicate a room for HT.

The Heritage issue should be addressed but we must look at the market - multi speakers, subs and other components compete for space in our homes and in the market as we have Computers, games, things not around when the Heritage Line was THE line.

On a note for those of us as Consumers, we clamor for the Heritage line and the Jubilee, yet we want $500.00 sub-woofers. There is a point of desire that is not corresponding. Other companies do not have the costs that Klipsch does in giving us this Forum, devoting employee time and costs in Moderating it, having dealerships where we can go to hear before purchase.

We want quality, but we want low prices. In the real and business world one gets what one pays for and all costs have to be factored in.

It's not a dictatorship, but a request for respect of what is provided free to us. I say free as there are Members that do not own Klipsch Speakers. I have not seen any posts requesting those members leave. I would not support that.

I have no idea what the cost is to maintain the Forum. It is a point of advertising. But I see few other Companies providing the same level of committment to the Consumer.

Powered Sub-Woofers on the Klipsch Forum does not mean we can only write positives about the Klipsch line. Klipsch has been bashed. But we don't want to provide free advertising to other Companies to the detriment of Klipsch. Silence can speak as loudly.

Also, Klipsch has its website. Cost of doing business. But the Forum is an extra cost. The ability to PM, email, communicate with each other. How many other companies do that vs sites as Audio Kharma, AudioWeb, AudioGon where a brand is not the point nor the income to the Company.

How would we feel if we had friends over and they did quite a bit of comparing meals at other friends while partaking of our own. Disturbing.

So I don't see this as a point of complete Klipsch ony. I see what we POST as the point. We can still verbalize.

I do thank Klipsch for the Forum.

dodger

Any time I ever post about a sub, I always comment about how much I love my Klipsch speakers (I do own a brand X sub and have owned a Klipsch sub). This is an open forum for Klipsch enthusiasts to share thoughts on most things audio. Will there next be a similar comment on other threads about not talking about electronics other than Aragon? I think if Klipsch is scared about loosing their market share of sub sales, they need to take a long hard look at the competition and adjust their product/price/marketing strategies accordingly instead of trying to censor threads or opinions. That being said, If non brand equipment needs to be removed from my sig. or from my comments I will abide by the forum rules. I however think that Klipsch is missing the point. And yes, I LOVE my Klipsch speakers! Carl

----------------

On 10/15/2004 9:22:31 AM psg wrote:

It would be reasonable to mention other brands in threads, but perhaps not to begin a new one with a non-Klipsch topic such as

Help me decide which SVS sub to buy!

----------------

PSG...without putting words into Trey's mouth I think

you hit the nail on the head. That's probably what he was saying,

not that no one can ever mention or have in there sig another product.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 2:16:03 AM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

I don't think they are necessarily looking to ban
all
talk of other subwoofer companies. Besides, there are people on this board *cough*007*cough* that do nothing but say things like "Klipsch subs sucks! SVS roolz everyone!" in almost every thread where there is an opportunity to pimp their products. Even all of that aside, this
is
the Klipsch Forum... If the mods wanted to go about it that way,
they have every right to

----------------

Yes, it is the klipsch forum and they certainly have every right to run it a they see fit; and yes again, klipsch is one of very few manufacturers to provide a "free" forum, in the sense you don't have to prove klipsch ownership to participate. No argument here on those points, BUT either this is a forum where free speech is allowed, or it isn't. That is MY point. And if we all are required to impose some self-censorship to keep klipsch happy, then what good is the forum. How much validity could any of us put on the opinions expressed here, if we know there is an unwritten rule to not promote other brands. There would be no point coming here for objective research prior to making a speaker purchase if objective discussion is discouraged. Just my humble 2 cents worth.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 10:24:53 AM gcoker wrote:

----------------

On 10/15/2004 9:22:31 AM psg wrote:

It would be reasonable to mention other brands in threads, but perhaps not to begin a new one with a non-Klipsch topic such as

Help me decide which SVS sub to buy!

----------------

PSG...without putting words into Trey's mouth I think

you hit the nail on the head. That's probable what he was saying, not that no one can ever mention or have in there sig another

product.

----------------

Hello:

For clarification, I asked about noting another brand in one's sig. I called and was told that was not an issue.

So a point on sig, unless it knocks Klipsch (my own feeling on that part) does not enter the picture.

Sorry for confusing the matter.

dodger

Given Klipsch's strong retail-outlet ties, I don't think an "internet direct" model would be in their interest and I feel it would even hurt the brand image. We are not talking about buying a book or CD... it is a piece of audio equipment that should be auditioned. If anything, it's something the competitor(s) lacks.

There are many compromises that go into making a sub... with size/cost being an important one. The main offerings from klipsch are quite size optimized, therefore costing more than subs which are not. Perhaps one of the reason they don't attract as much attention as some others is the fact that they are in the middle of the pack when it comes to size/cost. Sunfire being very small and expensive and SVS being huge and inexpensive.

Offering something with lots of "bang for the buck" is kind tricky given the average consumer will prefer a small discrete sub that doesn't break the bank. Audio freaks (us) will be more apt to compromise size/look for performance... but we are also apt to pay more on average for our components. Basically it's a question of economics which contradicts physics; sell a large volume of small economical subs... and small volume of specialized and expensive large subs. Physics would dictate the opposite (expensive small sub and cheap big sub.)

Keeping investors happy, the large corporation wants to be offering what the general public likes. I doubt that SVS has anywhere near the volume of subwoofer sales than Klipsch has.

Rob

I think that Klipsch should look to the forums as an excellent source of marketplace feedback, if they take the time to they can see here dicussions that reveal our opinions about what amps and source equipment works best with their speakers, what we like and don't about our beloved Klipsch products.

This means they have to expect to take the good with the bad. If other manufacturer's subs are disucssed more often here then Klipsch's own sub offerings this may be an indication that they need to attend to this area of their business.

Looked at in this way, the forum can be a valuable source of market information and product line feedback, there is a lot of chaff and noise in the raw information but if Klipsch takes the time to analyze the interhcanges here they can come away with very useful input about how to improve thier product line and marketing efforts.

For my Heritage-based system and room I need to look elsewhere for subs that meet my needs, sharing my thoughts about REL, Velodyne, etc. seems like a logical extension of the forum concept, to tamper with our ability to share our thoughts and experiences seems to me to be an error.

Klipsch should value to information they see posted here every day. Trey, tell the marketing guys to read the forums and see it as market feedback, see it as information, not just look to remove bad reviews or mentions of other brands.

warm regards from a Klipsch lover,

Tony

i agree with sunnysal about the feedback your getting...

ive been a klipsch fan as far as i can remember....passed down from my dad whos still rockin his kg 5.2s till this day....but i have to say that ive tried/experimented with other brands but the sound of klipsch is for me...

Hi:

Let's see if we can get further clarification from Trey before we worry about Censorship, not being credible.

Trey:

Are you asking not to discuss other Manufacturers within the entire topic OR are you requesting that the Other Manufacturers not be noted within the SUBJECT line of the thread.

If you or Steve can answer this ASAP, we may be able to avoid the Censorship discussion or the lack of Credibility.

For my own note, as Klipsch pays for the Forum and its maintenance, etc. the First Amendment belongs to Klipsch. It would be akin to coming into a Forum Member's house and criticizing the paint, the rugs and so on. I am against Censorship, but in the case just mentioned, don't let the screen door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha.

Trey or Steve?

dodger

----------------

On 10/15/2004 5:19:24 AM 007 wrote:

If Klipsch bothered to make a matching subwoofer for my silver RSX's, I might have bought one too. Gold does not match silver :

I think its also time for Klipsch to make a sub with dual drivers. Not this passive stuff, i mean two active drivers like in the multimedia subwoofers. The only new one I can think of is the KES 6100 sub with dual 8"'s But there is no port too which worries me.

----------------

its a problem but why not leave the grill on?

For the dual active drivers... it not as great as you think. Adding a second driver only increases the db 3-6 db. It's much cheaper for the manufacteur to put a vent or PR which is cheaper and is about the same effect of the 3-6 db. Oh plus u need a larger enclosure for both woofers.