OT: Melanoma again

Marvel

Since I REALLY am trying to cut down on posting through the summer, I keep coming up with things to post.

Yesterday, my wife got the pathology report on a mole she had just had removed. Once again, it is showing as melanoma. She had one removed a bit over four years ago, and has been diligent to pay attention to changes.

We meet with the oncologist on Friday, to plan on surgery to get everything arranged.

She is stressed, but doing okay. She knows she is in God's hands. I would ask for your prayers (here we go, being religious again!). My wife's name is Barbara.

Bruce aka Marvel

Marvel,

I'm very sorry to hear about the melanoma, but it sounds like she (and you) are doing exactly the right things (watching closely, etc.). I will keep Barbara & you in my thoughts.

Hi Bruce, With faith, determination, will and support of medical staff, friends and families, you and Barbara will get through this. I remember about a year ago, there was a memorable quote on here from KrustyOldSarge about 'kicking cancer's ***'. Worked then and it'll work again. You and Barbara take care of each other and all the best. Hamish

Hello Bruce,

This is a difficult circumstance for Barbara and you. I suspect the both of you may become overwhelmed by this. Please try and stay positive. Melanoma can be beaten! My thoughts are certainly for a speedy and full reovery.

All my best,

-Tom

Bruce:

Thoughts and Prayers are with Barbara and You.

I have to see a Dermatologist every three months for skin cancers. A couple have been Melanomas.

Stay aware, get checked regularly, stay out of the sum or use a high sunblock.

Hers is probably much worse, but diligence proves healthy - a good thought and Prayers help quite a bit also.

Win dodger

Thanks for the prayers guys.

Just a quick update. Met with the oncologist today. Spent five hours at the hospital meeting with him and getting all the pre-testing done. Due to a cancellation, Barbara will have surgery next Wednesday, and it looks like she will not require a skin graft.

This is all good news to us, if anything concerning a cancer like melanoma can be considered good news. This disrupts some summer plans, but they were trivial compared to this.

Again, thanks. The prayers are much appreciated.

Bruce

----------------

On 6/28/2005 8:15:31 AM Marvel wrote:

Yesterday, my wife got the pathology report on a mole she had just had removed. Once again, it is showing as melanoma. She had one removed a bit over four years ago, and has been diligent to pay attention to changes.

We meet with the oncologist on Friday, to plan on surgery to get everything arranged.

She is stressed, but doing okay. She knows she is in God's hands. I would ask for your prayers (here we go, being religious again!). My wife's name is Barbara.

Bruce aka Marvel

----------------

My prayers and best wishes are with your wife Barbara and you.

It sounds like you were ready for it, and attentive enough to pick it up early - which, as you well know, is the key. With a little bit of luck and a good doctor you should be able to get through it.