What's your favorite coffee?

wheelman

Ok if you like coffe what is your favorite coffee? Alot of brands have different flavors so be specific. Right now I like Starbucks houseblend for my home coffee maker. When I am out cruizing I like Arby's drive through coffee which is a T.J. Cinnamons' brand.

http://www.illyusa.com/about/passion.html

The proof is in the process.

illy coffee...

illy goes to extraordinary lengths to guarantee the uncompromised quality of its coffee, from the time it leaves our plant in Italy until you pour it into your cup. We use only the finest 100% Arabica beansnine varieties meticulously selected from around the world and combined into a single espresso blend. These beans are skillfully roasted and air-cooledso they're never burned or bitterensuring a smooth and balanced taste. They're then packaged in an air-free environment using illy's proprietary pressurization system to seal in the precious aromas, oils and flavors. The result: Distinctive and consistent taste, as well as guaranteed freshness until the moment the can is opened and the coffee prepared.

YUMM!!!!!

Everyone's got an opinion and mine has has nothing to do with the fact that I live in the Pacific Northwest. ANY coffee, 100% Jamacian Blue Mountain, 100% Kona, not to mention high and lower end regional brands will not do it for me anymore.

I drink four to five cups of coffee a day and I finally jumped out on a limb and bought a Pasquini 90 Espresso machine. I have become very fond of LaVazza "Blue" Espresso. A double shot in a pre heated cup with and equal portion or steamed non fat milk gives a Very robust cup of Joe that works for me.

Bill Woodward

Portland, OR.

P.S. I got a special deal on my Pasquini Espresso machine through Illy to buy their espresso/coffee for a year and I still find myself buying Lavazza "Blue" Espresso to run through my Pasquini 90.

126mhz :

I have to agree w/ you.

I just returned from a trip to Jamaica two weeks ago and their cofffee is rich and full-bodied. Awesome !

Just as well, as when I was in Hawaii last March, the Kona coffee is to die for.

~Rock On

----------------

On 7/10/2005 7:16:05 AM Bill H. wrote:

Good Old Folgers................Fancy, smancy coffe while good, just isn't worth

the price!............(but nowadays even folgers is pretty expensive!).
----------------

That's what some people say about fancy, smancy stereo gear.

"That's what some people say about fancy, smancy stereo gear"

.....and beer, cars, cigars, etc....

For Coffee, the key is to get FRESH GROUND. We grind our own, no matter what the brand. It can be Folgers/Eight O'Clock if it is whole bean, then fresh ground.....although I prefer the fair trade brands in bulk when I can afford to stock up on it....lots of good varieties, too.

girlfriend worked at starbucks= free pound a week plus free coffee usually when there. she stopped working there about two months ago.

My absolute favorite kind is free1.gif

but now I usually buy startbucks sumatra and the real key is a french press

I usually go to Safeway and mix a few different kinds before grinding. Not the best in the world but it beats the mass produced stuff. The Peets I had at Allan's while in CA was some of the best I've had. We also have a local shop called Bun Penny that has great coffee. It's expensive but one of my kids usually buys me a pound for my birthday or Father's Day.

Our little town of Chattanooga doesn't have that high falootin' stuff!

A small coffee roaster here in town has many varieties, but the one I get from him is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. It be slammin'!

We buy free trade/shade grown coffee to grind at home, and the brands change over time. But the all important thing, as has been mentioned, is to grind it fresh for each pot.

Quite some time ago, our cheap coffee maker quit, so we started using our old Melitta coffee maker. We heat water on the stove and pour it through.

I also give another vote for Community Coffee. My wife grew up in Baton Rouge, and walked past the Saurage house on her way to school.

Bruce

I feel the best thing that ever happened to my caffiene addiction was a french press, beats a stagnat drip style maker with scum and calcium buildup around heating element. who knows what else falls into those thing. I picture toaster crums. go on vacation come back the thing has fermented alcoholic coffee.14.gif