We've been getting dumped on!!

sputnik

I took a ski day off and got into hip deep powder yesterday and the ski

areas already have a mid-season settled base. A few more storms

are on the way this weekend. Anyone else getting snow? I

know the midwest just had a big blow. Any big "lake effect"

storms yet in the northeast? Here's a shot of our front

door. The yard was practically bare a week ago. High winds last night blew most of the snow off of the

trees. It's playtime this weekend!

post-17394-13819276355172_thumb.jpg

It takes from 1.5 to 2 hours to clear the driveways and deck even with

a big snow blower. I just got done clearing it all and it's

snowing again [:@]. Everything takes twice as long in the winter

and when it's twenty to thirty degrees below zero things really slow

down. It's still fun to get out and play in it though.

It takes from 1.5 to 2 hours to clear the driveways and deck even with

a big snow blower. I just got done clearing it all and it's

snowing again [:@]. Everything takes twice as long in the winter

and when it's twenty to thirty degrees below zero things really slow

down. It's still fun to get out and play in it though.

Snowblower! Damn Nancy Boy. Up where I hail from we save those

for visiting tourists (oh yeah, sometimes we do drag them up on the

roof).

If every car in your town doesn't have an orange ball attached to your car antenna, you aren't even in the running.

Ok Duke (who hails from the snow sissy town of Binghampton,

NY-birthplace of the Speedy but no longer makes shoes) tell him what he

hasn't won.

I took a ski day off and got into hip deep powder yesterday and the ski areas already have a mid-season settled base. A few more storms are on the way this weekend. Anyone else getting snow? I know the midwest just had a big blow. Any big "lake effect" storms yet in the northeast? Here's a shot of our front door. The yard was practically bare a week ago. High winds last night blew most of the snow off of the trees. It's playtime this weekend!

Yeeeeakkkk what is that white stuff?[H] Kinda looks like the stuff I see way off in the distance on the mountains in the winter. Ya might want to call a HAZMAT team to look in to it and clean it up fer ya.[;)]

I took a ski day off and got into hip deep powder yesterday and the ski

areas already have a mid-season settled base.

Must be nice! [:P]

Ain't no hip-deep powder here in Virginia. We just got our usual "East Coast Hard Pack" (read - ice). At least skiing does open up here tommorrow (today? - 2 AM - I need to get to bed!), but only a couple beginner slopes and an intermediate slope.

We may be getting some snow here Sunday and/or Monday - but the stuff we usually get does not really look like what you got there. Usually, it is sleet, ice, rain, snow - just general crap that is just not fun to be out in. Getting up into the mountains, it gets better, though.

I was stationed remote in Iceland for a year and that was enough of the snow for me. It really did not snow alot but was 37 degrees, drizziling and a 20mph wind most of the winter. We had 2 or 3 blizzards come in drop huge amounts of snow and had winds between 80-120 mphs.

It is around 60 here in Austin with no snow which is perfect!!

Xman

we live 45 miles southeast of buffalo in wyoming county. we catch all the lake effect from lake erie and some from lake ontario. after watching katrina i told the wife i would never complain about snow again. on 11/17 we got a 24 inch dusting. it warmed up and the ground was bare again in 3 days. last nite wayne county got 12 inches off lake ontario and are expecting another foot today. white out driving conditions with 35 mph winds. its snowing all around us right now but its missing us. im pretty disappointed. i cant wait to use my newly aquired 96 chevy 1/2 ton with meyers power angle plow. its alot better than my recently retired 78. the big differance is that its got a heater that actually works and floorboards. we live in a very remote area. our cabin is in the middle of our woods. the driveway is about 3000 ft long. last year it snowed 29 days in a row and never got above zero. 1998 was a rough winter. we got 7 feet of heavy snow in 36 hours. i tried to keep up with it but it collapsed our roof. that storm collapsed 190 buildings in wyoming co.