Tomorrow, 11 November is Veterans Day

BEC

How many veterans do we have on the forum?

The local police department was handing out flags to put on vehicles to veterans at the bank in town today. Got two on my pick-up truck.

I served 10 years in the Air Force from 1966 to 1976. Rank was Staff Sergeant when I was "drafted" out. Sort of strange, but I got orders to be discharged from the service and to report to work at a civilian Nuclear Power Plant.

Bob Crites

• Moderators

Thanks to all the Veterans and active service people, and like OB said, Never forget the KIA's and MIA's.

Where would this country be without these people !

Don't answer I don't want to be the thread killer here.

Granddad: US Navy WWI and WWII vet.

Dad: US Army 1959-1968 Vietnam vet.

Myself: US Army 1980-1986 (with the 1st Cavalry Division, Ft. Hood, TX and with the 51st Signal Battalion in Ludwigsburg, Germany).

Brother: US Marine Corps. 1982-1991 in the Philippines, and in Okinawa, Japan.

We salute all our vets both deceased and living who've given up so much for the freedom we enjoy. And we salute all our brave men and women in uniform stationed throughout the globe today who continue to give of themselves voluntarily...God bless them all!

It's also my parent's 44th wedding anniversary tomorrow!

USAF - 1983 - 1989 for me.

Including a 100 day stint in Tegucigalpa, Honduras back in 1985. This was during the Sandanista and Contra dealings.

Stationed at Holloman AFB and Ramstein AFB for the most part. I was a member of the 82 Tactical Control Flight a Forward Air Control Post. Life expectency during wartime was 15 minutes due to the nature of our mission. Mobile radar unit with the AN-TPS43 mounted on a 5 ton truck.

Marksman with a .38 and M16, and 1st class gunner with an M60 machine gun, and qualified with the M79 grenade launcher.

Ahhh the good ole days!

"Life expectency during wartime was 15 minutes due to the nature of our mission."

How does one possibly show up for work each day knowing this? Incredible fortitude and bravery guys!

I thank each and every veteran for their service to our country.

I'm glad to be an American.

Michael

My service was:

72-75 US Army - 101st Ord Bn, Heilbronn, FRG

80-83 US Army- 210 FA BDE , FRG

83-96 US Army Reserves, National Guard.

I am truly Proud and scared at the same time, for all the Young Men and Women

who are putting themselves in harms way..........so that we can continue our

way of life here ! Prayers !

U.S. Navy 1884-1988. Fighter Squadron 102 (VF-102) Deployed on the U.S.S. America (sadly at the bottom of the ocean now).

Anyone out there ever been shot off an aircraft carrier by a catapult? zero to 120 MPH in less then 2 seconds. Crazy stuff.[:o]

Happy belated Veterans Day to all!

I'm currently serviing a six year enlistment in the Air Force. I'm stationed in England. Been in since May 02. I'll be out in May 08. Got about a year and a half left. While we're here, let me tell a story about my military life, and Klipsch. I probably would have never heard about Klipsch without the military. My father served 26 years in the Navy. We were stationed in Okinawa, and I was about 15. I worked all summer long, and decided to buy my first pieces of ht. (in 1996) I bought a Klipsch KMC center, a pioneer receiver, and some yamaha mains. I only bought the Klipsch center because it was the most powerful on they had at AAFES. Typical teenager, going for the loudest speaker. I didn't really get big into Home audio for that time in my life. Then in 02, when I joined, I decided to get back into home theater/ home audio, and had no idea what to get. (I didn't even own a dvd player at this point in time) I still had my klipsch center at that time, so figured may as well go with klipsch some more. I bought my system piece by piece, (with the little money I was making when I first came in) and now have an all Klipsch system. It's only synergy, but it's a good start in my opinion. I'll never have any other brand speakers now. but anyway, without being at aafes, I would have gone to some other store, that probably didn't carry Klipsch, and chances are I would have never even heard of Klipsch. Especially since none of my friends or family give two ***** about decent home theater/ home audio. I heard aafes stopped selling klipsch for whatever reason soon after 1996 though. Happy late veterans day to ALL the vets out there.