What's your favorite beer?

ibanezhater

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Local , Abita beer was started there because of the spring water, the town is called Abita springs.

http://www.abita.com/

AMBER

Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. Abita Amber was the first beer offered by the brewery and continues to be our leading seller.

Amber.jpgIt has been voted "best beer" in numerous
New Orleans reader polls and is used frequently in recipes of great Louisiana chefs.

They do have A&W up North. About the only kind I had growing up.

The Sunset Wheat is one of my favorite Leinenkugel brews. The coriander makes a nice touch.

Eldon,

A local restaurant here served Abita Springs beers on tap. Used to walk over after work and have one with some buddies before heading home. I liked the Turbo Dog the best, but sometimes the dog would bite.

Bruce

Blue Ribbon or Falls City mmmm.......just kiddin',I never really cared for beer(other than root beer,a&w draft).Kinda strange really since all my friends since school drink beer every day and twice as much on Sat and Sunday.

They do have A&W up North. About the only kind I had growing up.

The Sunset Wheat is one of my favorite Leinenkugel brews. The coriander makes a nice touch.

Eldon,

A local restaurant here served Abita Springs beers on tap. Used to walk over after work and have one with some buddies before heading home. I liked the Turbo Dog the best, but sometimes the dog would bite.

Bruce

I like Turbo Dog too. It's also great for making beef stew. You have to love a brewery that has a beer named Purple Haze!

OK - here's the roundup......

Amber Ales: Red Tail Ale (Mendocino Brewing Co, Ukiah, CA), Fat Tire Amber Ale (New Belgium Brewing Co, Ft Collins, CO)

Stout: Terminator Stout (McMenamin's Brewing, various locations in Oregon) - THE KING of stouts.

Wheat: Bell's Oberon Summer Wheat Ale (Bell's Brewery, Comstock, MI)

Porter: Black Butte Porter (Deschutes Brewing Co, Bend, OR)

Local Favorite: Uncommon Stout (Bent River Brewing Company, Moline, IL) The signature beer of the aforementioned establishment, an excellent stout with the added zip of coffee! I wasn't too much for it in the beginning, but is very habit forming with repeated trials.

I think of American lagers as I do Bose: I choose or use them when there is no other choice.

I drank alot of Terminator Stouts when I was in Portland and the coast of Organ. It was one of the best Stouts I have had.

I also remember a Chocolate Oatmeal Espresso tout which I ordered only because I had never heard of such a thing.

Oregon was one of my favorite places when I move it is on the shortlist.

Best beer on the planet bar none[:o]

img_biere_intro.gif

I have always strived to get my homebrew to taste as good as a Chimay, guess those trappist monks of Belgium have got the jump on me[:|]

Shiner Texas is about an hour from Austin and they have a little micro group called Celis who make some really fine brews from a new beer (The White) to a really fine German style triple bock[;)]

As for root beer the best one I tasted was in Albany but I forgot the name, Maybe OB will chime in

But Mugs and Barqs are fine

As for real beers

Yuengling

Sam Adams: Cherry Wheat, Boston Ale, Winter Ale.... The Only one I thought ok was the black lager

Blue moon with orange, must have orange.

Flying Fish (local NJ one)

Rolling Rock

Guiness