All the details here!

I don't intend to speak on behalf of Amy/Klipsch but "currently" they do not have a pair of Jubilees in Indy. Roy said something the other day that incinuated to me he might TRY to get a pair (single?) there but he might have been playing mindgame as he was kind of coy about his comment.

I've been deliberating on dragging my pair up there but having no truck/trailer that issue is getting complicated. Aside from that, where would I put them once up there?? (in my hotel room to compete with Terry's Heresy's in the adjacent room?? [A])

Maybe Amy will read this and corporate will apply some pressure to Roy...

Compete????? You bring those bad boys[:P] & Terry B. Leavin his mini's at home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take a stab to try and explain the weekend first night for the first timers.

Friday night is always "the faithfull" time. Die hards are more do it yourself (ers) and modified gear. More Heritage lovers, but that, too, is changing some. It is more let's make up what we want to do... Usually dinner, then come back to the bigger room. (Bring your own gear, show off some, and trade gear too. Exchange war stories, play and listen to different music as well. bring whatever to drink if you must as well.)

It is always a laid back, and good relaxing time as people get into town at different times.

Just for kicks... I looked up some air fares. You can get a $404 ticket, leaving Chicago about 7:00 am and returning the same day leaving Knoxville at 6:50 pm.

You & hubby could come down for lunch/audition and go home, or spend a long weekend in the area and visit Gatlinburg...

• Moderators

We are just starting to talk about what we will show.

Jubs are on the top of the list of what we would like to show.

However, it is not writen in stone yet.

Wooo hooooo

Indy, do you own stock in Klipsch? All this "we" talk makes me think you may be a major shareholder.[;)] I see, you are just quoting Trey......

Wooo hooooo

Indy, do you own stock in Klipsch? All this "we" talk makes me think you may be a major shareholder.[;)] I see, you are just quoting Trey......

Naw, it's just the way he talks, like when IU wins a game it's 'We had a terrific game tonight!" like he was the starting forward.

Yeah Indy is a bit excitable, that's why he's so much fun- he's PASSIONATE about things and takes ownership.

Michael

• Moderators

How come Roy ain't on the attendee list yet? He's not grounded is he?

Okay, do we have to start a petition to make sure Roy makes it to Indy????

Just give me an address and we will pass through Hope and kidnap him and bring him to Indy, just don't let him know, he never reads here anyway !

I already know what he looks like, I just have to lure him into the Jeep with some Blueberries and a fishing pole, yea that will work.

actually there are NO employees on the list. That is for our honored guests only. Trey and I aren't on there yet but we will probably be in attendance.

I've got my room booked already, no it's not too early!

M

There won't be any rooms available at the Colter-Hilton?

Wooo hooooo

Naw, it's just the way he talks, like when IU wins a game it's 'We had a terrific game tonight!" like he was the starting forward.

Yeah Indy is a bit excitable, that's why he's so much fun- he's PASSIONATE about things and takes ownership.

Michael

LOL [:D]

That's Roger alright - a very cool guy [Y]

actually there are NO employees on the list. That is for our honored guests only. Trey and I aren't on there yet but we will probably be in attendance.

M

There won't be any rooms available at the Colter-Hilton?

If he bought a hotel room you guys oughta confiscate the ranch. Shoot I might even make the trek.

Klipsch as we know it today, is a very successful privately held company. Pauls cousin Fred Klipsch and his wife Judy, purchased the company in 1989. Devoted leaders, Fred and Judy set the vision and strategy for the company. With the help of their world-class team and valuable business partners, this dynamic duet has turned Klipsch into a highly regarded global brand and technology powerhouse. Since the change in ownership, Fred has grown Klipsch more than 880 percent with an average growth of 20 percent per year. While founded on the principle of reproducing "concert quality" audio, much of the company's growth today can be attributed to sales of home theater loudspeaker systems. Priding itself on offering a full-line of products, Klipsch manufactures floor standing, bookshelf and architectural loudspeakers, powered subwoofers, center channels and surround sound speakers.

Fred serves as chairman and CEO of Klipsch Lanham Investments, a management company for the operating business owned since 1989 by he and longtime business partner Charles E. Lanham. Fred holds a bachelor's degree from Purdue University and an M.B.A. from California State University at Long Beach. He is involved in multiple charitable, educational and political activities.

I am sure most of you know this above info already. (The above information was taken off of this site and some other sites believed to be accurate.)

I grew up just a few blocks from Fred, and handed him info on my favorite speaker company as a kid when I was all of 13- 14 years old. My father knew Mr. Lanham as well. In short, we all wish we had (at least I do) an ownership position in 1989 in the Klipsch company as it stands today.

In some ways Michael (Colterphoto1) is right.... he said I often say, "Naw, it's just the way he talks, like when IU wins a game it's 'We had a terrific game tonight!" like he was the starting forward. Yeah Indy is a bit excitable, that's why he's so much fun- he's PASSIONATE about things and takes ownership."

OK, guilty. I am guilty being a IU, (Indiana University), graduate. And yes, I am a HUGE fan! I do take pride in my college sports teams, the Colts, Klipsch, my city Indianapolis, and even more important my family and friends and their lives too. I do get passionate about things! And to the point, I feel that life is full of rewarding experiences. Some good, some bad, some are curve balls and you can make your life what you want it to be in my opinion. You have to understand the glass is 1/2 full, but it also has wonderful wine to enjoy and you can refill it back up! It is a choice!

But you also have to be in the game or cheer others you love in the game to enjoy the rewards! Trust me, being at the Super Bowl in Miami, seeing the COLTS.... The Indianapolis COLTS, was just awesome. Even more so because for our city, we won it. See, I did it again WE won it. Well, I helped cheer my team on, paid for my ticket, sat in the rain, I deserve some ownership in that pride of success right?

I seem to be the guy people come to for information, advice or who do you know kind of things too. I will admit it is by no means that I am smarter than everyone else, it is I just know many people from all kinds and walks of life. My wife said, I never met a stranger in my life, and that is probably true.

At 45, I have been lucky enough to surround myself with a lot of incredible people over the years. With as many speakers that I own from Klipsch all over my house, to the many HT's that I helped or designed for friends and family. To people who work at Klipsch in Indy that come over as friends, hang out with my family and I go to their house with my family too, I do feel "part of the team" in a way. I would do anything to help Klipsch, and I have, helping them to add a new dealer to carry their speakers. I am sure many of you have done this too? Your at Best Buy or wherever, and you help people by listening to their wants, needs, and desires to find the proper fit with Klipsch too. You dream with them...

Last, I hope I helped some of you on here too. I mean that is why were here. I like to think we help one another and pass on our knowledge and learn something in the process? It is for me.

• Moderators

M

I aint going if Michael isn't going to be there. What's this "probably" business? After last year's date I am sure they scheduled this year around you., we just gotta have Mr. Mountain-O-Klipsch there.

Travis

M

michael,

what? you AND trey are going to be there? well then.................i will definitely be there.................as long we don't have any of the plug ugly jubs around........and if you insist........................PLEASE make sure that amy doesn't stand next to them...................she'll just make them look down right pathetic....................have trey stand next to them.....[8-|]

have a blessed day,

roy delgado