3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Well, I'm back to work. Part time (sort of), but making a little dough. Lost our health insurance, though. We're in that gap between COBRA and whatever my wife's job offers after her 90 day "probation" (sounds kinda criminal, or something). Apparently they don't offer much, just minimal coverage. I have some stuff to look through from Aetna (the co. who handled our COBRA insurance) re: individual policies, but a cursory look-through indicates we'll be out >2K/month for the three of us....anyone wanna put us on their plan???

Well, I'm back to work. Part time (sort of), but making a little dough. Lost our health insurance, though. We're in that gap between COBRA and whatever my wife's job offers after her 90 day "probation" (sounds kinda criminal, or something). Apparently they don't offer much, just minimal coverage. I have some stuff to look through from Aetna (the co. who handled our COBRA insurance) re: individual policies, but a cursory look-through indicates we'll be out >2K/month for the three of us....anyone wanna put us on their plan???

Glad you got something going there fini. As much as I bitched about the military for 23 years, I am so thankful for the medical benefits for my family. I never go to the doc but seems like the little ones always have some sort of minor (thank God) issue.

I am sitting here listening to a few LPs and having a (few) Rum and OJs. Instead grabbing a bag of something to wear at Cigarbum's get together I am packing for a trip "elsewhere". Best wishes to all my forum buddies!

Yo -USNRET

just curious any sign yet of the oil spill on Mustang Island, as retired AF we enjoy our stay at the navy lodge at Corpus Christi.

Chief Gambo

Not coming this way. We are flying on the Gulf everyday acting as ATC for the area, all the mess is heading away from us.

Another load of **** this weekend. My wife takes the day off and my son goes with his grand parents for the weekend. She is coming to visit me here in Ft Wayne on my last weekend up here. 45 minutes into the drive...flat tire...my phone does not work in the training lab. Pulls over, 30 minutes later with hood up, nobody stops. Has to pay someone to come out and put a spare on. I call and find this out on my way home. 30 minutes later, flat #2, no spare tire. I have to have her towed to the nearest place, they have to fix 2 tires and now she will arrive about 5 hours late and probably just want to go to bed. Anytime something nice is planned it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

ACE

Bummer Ace.

Ft Wayne's aout 1-1/2 hours from Kokotucky, er Kokomo, where I live. If she likes carousels they have a mall Glenbrook Square with a double decker carousel. And naturally no picture at the mall's website but here's one. Just a random suggestion. My wife and daughter's like carousels.

Unfortunately I have no idea about good restaurants or the night life. I think there is an audio store near the mall with the carousel that carries Klipsch. There's 3 other than the Best Buy and similar. Audio Video Lifestyles, Merkle Audio Video, and PCS Inc. Audio Video Lifestyles on Jefferson Blvd may be the one near the mall? And has the most lines though didn't see any Heritage. In case you want to hear some familiar sounds...

sipping a Modelo Especial with a chunk of lime. Hot as balls here. Big NRA convention in Charlotte this weekend. 400 firearm vendors. 80 k people. resturants will be slammed. I need to stay away and not get the idea to buy any new gun toys but the temptation will be too much. Pretty much spent out on audio stuff so not much cash to put at risk which may be a good thing.

Headed out to burn a cuban smoke at the cigar store. Maybe cook a nice filet tonight. too damn hot to drink a red. Looks like a vodka and beer night.

Ace- buy a can of fix a flat- stuff works OK. bummer- somethings always happens- murphys law.

Mike- glad you are coming to Bob's- It will be good to see you and throw back a few beverages.

Where the heck is TH???? Hope it is not a health issue.

Cheers everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When she bought the car used (from a ford dealer) they put new tires on...they either had a defective set of valve stems or did not change them...2 blew out last year, the other two today. From the blowout at 70, (according to the dealer...maybe bs) the inside of the sidewalls were ripped up to shreds. $800 and 4 hours later she is back on the road. Fix a flat works, but not for long distances with high speeds...when I bought my truck the guy had a flat on the way...did that (did not tell me)...when my tire exploded 100 miles from where I bought the car, the mechanic looked at the tire inside and said...he put fix a flat in this...when it gets hot it expands...if you have 100 miles to go, the tire will blow...or in my case, explode. Anyways, she is safe, that is good....I just blew my bonus audio budget on tires that replaced tires that only had 15,000 miles on them and nearly full tread because someone wanted to save a few bucks at the dealership. Drinks on me tonight...no new amp, but I can afford a round haha.

ACE

Greetings Gentlemen,

I've nothing profound to say tonite; so i'll just say Hi and wish you all a great evening and even better weekend.

Hey Ben my buddy from my coast guard days lives in Ft. Wayne--was going to visit him this summer when i thought the pilgrimage was going to be in Indy. Maybe next year. Would love to attend this year in hope; but, honestly my asthma can't handle summer humidity.

just dawned on me that i have nothing in the house to drink except water (yuk) may have to walk down to Del Taco and grab a diet coke.

Steve

Well, it's been almost six weeks since I really had a chance to "get around to-it" and see what's going on on the Forum. Short version... Got back from Arkansas trip and visit with BEC; Then got really sick from flu on trip; then broke my jaw and cracked 4 teeth getting squeezed between two boats in rough water on a dive; then surgery.... No beer and antibiotics to make sure teeth roots, etc did not get infected until the surgeon could re-assemble the pieces. Meanwhile my wife got really pissed off because: no coffee table, no blankee box for MBR, no this, no that and "you promised me that you would do those things before any more Klipsch stuff"....

Finally! the coffee table is inside, upside down to screw on the hinges (doubles as a storage bin for weird things), MBR blankee cabinet pieces are cut and ready to nail, pool cleaned, grass cut, floors mopped, ad. nauseum....

In a few hours, it will be time for a nice cold Sam Adams, which will probably "knock me on my as*" not having a beer for almost 6 weeks....

"Cheers mates!" as they would say in those countries where beer is warm and the women cold!

Then got really sick from flu on trip; then broke my jaw and cracked 4 teeth getting squeezed between two boats in rough water on a dive; then surgery.... No beer and antibiotics to make sure teeth roots, etc did not get infected until the surgeon could re-assemble the pieces.

Holy cow Marshall. Glad you're on the mend but sounds like an awful few weeks.

In a few hours, it will be time for a nice cold Sam Adams, which will probably "knock me on my as*" not having a beer for almost 6 weeks....

No Sam Adams for almost 6 weeks. Man I know you're feeling bad.

In my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery at least what's left.

Yeah whats up with TH????? Hope no health issues.Kinda odd- He usually checks in couiple of times a week.

Walked miles around the NRA convention in Charlotte today. My ankle is killing me. Feel like I was chased for 5 miles-caught - and beat with a baseball bat. Loads of cool stuff- never seen so many guns and gear in my life. Going back tommorow. Saw only about 1/2 of what was there. i will be a cripple by monday from walking on concrete floors.

checking out some vinly tonite- old stuff with obscure names- blues mostly

Sipping on my recent beer of choice- Modelo Especail with a chunk of lime

Everybody have a great weekend.

Thanks for the concern. Been on vacation to the Outer Banks after a trip to Duke last friday. Julia's kidney and pancreas are in decline and she will be going back on the transplant list. She will be in your neck of the woods monday-friday winchester.....seeing a Dr. Hart in Charlotte. We also have an appointment in Georgetown in August and have talked with folks at Johns Hopkins and Cleveland Clinic. Leaving no stone unturned. She needs a transplant from someone with "A" or "O" blood type and I happen to be a "B". There is a procedure they do at Georgetown that basically destroys her immune system so that she would not reject my kidney. We will be looking into that as well as shared donation where someone gets my kidney that is their match and their donor would give Julia a kidney.

Other than the health issues vacation was relaxing for us both. Good food....cobia, halibut, ss crabs, crabcakes.

Good to hear you have been saving my place at the bar and that everyone is on the mend.

Cheers!

Dr Hart worked on my father. I think she will be in good hands. I think he is either 7 or 10 years into his transplant. Doing well. Thoughts and paryers. if it works gimme a shout when you are in Charlotte.

Back to the NRA convention today. I will need some more nuts and bolts installed in my ankle when this is over. I hope I do not see anything that I HAVE to have. Still recovering from recent audio spending poverty.

Maybe sip down a small vodka and OJ before the ride.

Well, it's been almost six weeks since I really had a chance to "get around to-it" and see what's going on on the Forum. Short version... Got back from Arkansas trip and visit with BEC; Then got really sick from flu on trip; then broke my jaw and cracked 4 teeth getting squeezed between two boats in rough water on a dive; then surgery.... No beer and antibiotics to make sure teeth roots, etc did not get infected until the surgeon could re-assemble the pieces. Meanwhile my wife got really pissed off because: no coffee table, no blankee box for MBR, no this, no that and "you promised me that you would do those things before any more Klipsch stuff"....

So, did you consider breaking her jaw?

JUST KIDDING!

Tarheel, I'm pulling for your wife, and you. I can't imagine how stressful that must be.

We just got home from a weekend in Mt. Shasta. They had a real bad chain of storm events a few weeks back. A wet snow, followed by a hard freeze, followed by terrible winds. All over trees were snapped off, probably about a dozen or more on our 2.5 acre property. Luckily, only one huge branch hit (and came through) a patio shed-roof. Some of the trees were over 15" diameter where they snapped. Hmm, maybe I'll arrange a "Klipsch in the Mountains" event and invite everyone...bring gloves, rakes, chainsaws, and tube amps...I'll try and post a few shots of the damage.

Bummer Fini. hmmmm where is mt Shasta - nothing like fresh mountain air. More thoughts and prayers for Julia and Chuck to get Julia back to full health.

A round on me tonight in honor of Harold Zane, though everyone I know called him Zane, who was buried today. Father of my long time child hood friend Doug. Rather quick though my brother said a couple of people said he wasn't looking too good of late. RIP Zane.

Another round in honor of my classmate Mindy who passed away a few (I forget how many) years ago. I saw her mother and step father at Zane's funeral today as they were Zane and Dorothy's (wife of 53 years) neighbors for over 40 years. I was not able to make Mindy's funeral but she had battled juvenile diabetes, arthritis, and maybe more for as long as I can remember. And I can't ever remeber her complaining. The strongest memory I have of Mindy was when she got her first car and was excited that the radio sounded good. Just an old single speaker AM radio. And it did sound good. Back in the day when AM radios sounded good (I feel soooooo old). What happened to AM - too much other interference or did every company forget how to build a good AM radio or don't to save a couple of bucks? Way to young but her mother had commented she had stayed with her father for a few days in Florida after her mother had passed away and felt she had let her daughter down. I hope, and told her, not to beat herself up as maybe she was where she was supposed to be. RIP Mindy.

On a happier note. Alea is excited about getting (or at least ordering) her hearing instrument tomorrow morning. She'll leave with it if they have it in stock.

What the heck. Make that 3 rounds. It's been pretty quiet in her lately.