For those who may have forgot......

Cal,

You have my prayers and best wishes for a smooth surgery and short recovery. We've been through a couple of major surgeries and hospital stays with our youngest over the past couple of years and have learned, among other things, that you and your family are your best advocate(s). If there is something that you think needs to be handled differently, don't assume they know it and by all means mention it to them! Keep us posted on your recovery.

-David

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting that weight under control was an outstanding accomplishment and should improve your overall health. Best wishes on the surgery and recuperative period.

Just had a very close friend get his gaul bladder removed today........THIS, just 6 mos after a double heart by-pass. Now he's been diagnosed with some sort of neurological disease that affects the optical nerve. (I'll know more tomorrow)

56, and one heck-ova hard worker all his life, originally from Nebraska.

God's Speed

Mark

Cal, I will be headed out to a weekend retreat with 52 other folks in a little while, I will mention this to them and we will all be in prayer for you. May God grant you a speedy and complete recovery. BroMike

BroMike,

......."If any too agree"........

52 should have authority.

Get it done and get out of there Cal!!!

tc

wow,

I must say that I am indeed humbled by the great people here. I had talked about this here about a month or so ago and was just trying to update everyone on what my schedule was like. The outpouring of prayers, good thoughts and genuine caring, has indeed left me at a loss for words.

I still have a week to go before the "big day" and I will check in before then for sure.

Thanks for the birthday wishes also! What really kind of bites though is that the surgery is one day before our 26th wedding anaversery. I am sure that the wife would rather have me around for a much longer time than go out to dinner at some overpriced place to eat.

Thanks again

Wayne

Hey Wayne -

I had a San Diego trip this week but no way to hookup with you this time around. You're in my prayers, brother! When you're feeling up to it hopefully my travel schedule will allow us to get together and give thanks for a speedy recovery.

1 Peter 2:24

• 2 weeks later...

Called Wayne Saturday evening, he was in good spirits and pushing to complete the remodelling mentioned in his posts. Surgery was scheduled for Monday.

Anyone in Long Beach area with time for a quick stop at the hospital he mentions at the beginning of this thread?