Passing of my Mother

customsteve01

Since I know alot of you guys and sometimes this place seems like a big family I thought I would share my lose. My mother passed away on Thanksgiving day very unexpectedly. She had been suffering from "Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) lung disease" http://maclungdisease.org/ She was diagnosed about 5 years ago, she had really taken a turn for the worst about a year ago and had been in and out of the hospital several times over the past year, but every time she would get better in the hospital and come home. Well this time she did not come home (well at least not home to us). She was my mother for 44 years and my dad's wife for 56 and a half years. She will be missed very dearly. She was also a very religous lady and I know she is in a better place now and not having to deal the lung problems anymore.

I love you Mom.....

Steve

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May she rest in peace; I too will keep her in my prayers.

I lost my grandmother the Tuesday before Thanksgiving this year and can understand some of the emotions you and your loved ones are going through. Remember what Dr. Seuss said: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." [:)]

She was also a very religous lady and I know she is in a better place now

That is very telling & similarly descriptive of my mother who passed in '01 of heart failure. With time the pain of your loss & the void it creates eases. I now only think of my mom about 3 times a day.

My prayers are with you.

Dear Steve,I do not know you,I am new to the forum.I just want to tell you I am very sorry for your loss.Unfortunatly,I have been in the same boat.I am 40 now,when I was 36 I went into my sons room to let him know I was heading to church.I had checked on him earlier that day and when I went in this time,which was a good 6 or 7 hrs. later,he was lying in the same position.When I took the first step in,I knew something was wrong.At the second step,I was tring to see if his rib cage was moving to signify breathing.At the third step,I knew he was gone.I reached down and touched his leg and it was very cold.I knew then,in fact,he had passed.He was only 15 yrs. old.He died in his sleep from a drug interaction.I am a single parent and he was my only child.I go weekly to my head shrink to try to cope.Does it help,I don't know,maybe some.I too am very religous and know he is in a better place.I figured out that I cry because i'm selfish.I should be happy for him because we are all working to get to where he is now.My parents have been married the same amount of yrs. as yours.Again,I am very sorry for your lossand I wish I could tell you there are things that will make it easy to cope in the coming days.I guess all I can say is don't be sad for her.She has made it. Sincerely,Tim

Steve my deepest sympathies to you and your family during this troubling time. There is nothing I can say that can ease your pain, or lessen your grief. God has summoned her home for a reason, and Heaven will now be a better place because he did ....... It just makes us living learn to appreciate waking up every morning, and having another day here on earth .......... A prayer to you and yours ..............