jubilee

bodcaw boy

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I bought them before I was really aware of what I was getting into. But they are still fun. Everyone who sees them makes fun of me.

Were they bigger than you expected? In your avatar photo, the speaker looks like some kind of audio altar and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't have to climb over them to get in and out of the room.

Cause if Craig heard them he could not say the claims about how good ther are are exaggerated anymore. Then he would feel...well..Like he should have withheld comments until he actually heard them at the very least! Wait I think I remember him saying something like that about some ampEmbarrassed

rigma

Oh yea what amp is that??

AGAIN I HAVE NEVER STATED ANYTHING AS TO WHAT JUBS SOUND LIKE..... All I have ever stated is the improvement reports are hugely overstated. Face it guys/gals this hobby really lends itself to self delusion and we are all guilty of it. You can all spout that the JUBs are in the same room you had your Khorn's in all you want but by the time you move one set of beast man speakers out of the way and slide in another your audio memory is mush and your visual memory, bucks and efforts spent take over.........this is basic human nature stuff. This is my opinion and I have every right too it.

I have never said they were NO IMPROVEMENTS.

I have never said they were BAD in anyway.

If I have show me where????

I want a heads up comparison where I and other individuals (without a vested interest) can walk from one identical room to another and HEAR a real comparison. But it sounds like the JUB folks are scared [;)]

Craig

This getting interesting...

One can only wish!!!

This forum has been dead lately...

There aren't even any interesting and stimulating debates over which is better: copper of gold?; what color of interconnect insulation is better?; should cable tiptoes be oriented so the wire goes downhill from the amp, or uphill to the speaker? (OK, OK, that one is easy!);... But you get the point...

Or, here's an idea...Why doesn't one of those folks who are busy trying to figure out what upholstery material will look best applied to their 402 get off their posteriors, open the hatch, and let us know what is the driver configuration inside the bass bin?

Why doesn't one of those folks who are busy trying to figure out what upholstery material will look best applied to their 402 get off their posteriors, open the hatch, and let us know what is the driver configuration inside the bass bin?

Serious? you do know that has already been discussed? two K-31's and some stuffing. Or, by configuration, did you want to know if they're side by side or over/under [;)]

"Or, here's an idea...Why doesn't one of those folks who are busy trying to figure out what upholstery material will look best applied to their 402 get off their posteriors, open the hatch, and let us know what is the driver configuration inside the bass bin? "

it's the reject 3" drivers from bose...everyone knows that a horn can fix anything.....

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

Why doesn't one of those folks who are busy trying to figure out what upholstery material will look best applied to their 402 get off their posteriors, open the hatch, and let us know what is the driver configuration inside the bass bin?

Serious? you do know that has already been discussed? two K-31's and some stuffing. Or, by configuration, did you want to know if they're side by side or over/under Wink

I wasn't sure after reading the resurrected post regarding the Jub drawing project where others were warned against building a version with one active driver and one passive radiator.

And I just thought my prototype using 47 Bose drivers per cabinet in a co-rntrant topology was a bit off because I hadn't applied enough EQ...

Gee, things sure ARE boring....

"AGAIN I HAVE NEVER STATED ANYTHING AS TO WHAT JUBS SOUND LIKE..... All I have ever stated is the improvement reports are hugely overstated. "

HUH?Confused

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

What folks do not exaggerate in audio??? What manufacturers do not exaggerate in audio??? What engineers do not exaggerate in audio?? Give me a break

HUH?[8-)]

Cause if Craig heard them he could not say the claims about how good ther are are exaggerated anymore. Then he would feel...well..Like he should have withheld comments until he actually heard them at the very least! Wait I think I remember him saying something like that about some ampEmbarrassed

rigma

Oh yea what amp is that??

I think this is the one from one of your post:

"No the builder just thinks YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT and I owe you absolutely no explaination. You have never been and absolutely will never be a customer of mine. I owe you nothing.

You know its hard to believe just how thick headed you are..............I have never cared for you in the 5 years we have both posted on this forum and have never been shy in saying so. I could careless what you think you know. You have never even heard a pair of my amps but you post more frequently about what they are or are not then folks that have owned them for over 3 years. The VRD's have things in common with just about every top rated vintage power amp made in the 60's and yes Dynaco would be one of them. But it would be the last I would compare or say the amp was fashioned after since the original Dynaco sounded like a piece of crap in 100% original form. Heck your pair of Dynaco are just a small percentage better then the original.

THE VRD IS NOT A MODIFIED DYNACO it would be closer to a modified EICO HF-50 or HF-60 in fact. Hmmmmmm guess who made the iron for some of those amps back in the day. Get a clue dude."

Craig

AGAIN I HAVE NEVER STATED ANYTHING AS TO WHAT JUBS SOUND LIKE..... All I have ever stated is the improvement reports are hugely overstated. And what do base that on? Face it guys/gals this hobby really lends itself to self delusion and we are all guilty of it. You can all spout that the JUBs are in the same room you had your Khorn's in all you want but by the time you move one set of beast man speakers out of the way and slide in another your audio memory is mush and your visual memory, bucks and efforts spent take over So is that why VRD's are so great??.........this is basic human nature stuff. This is my opinion and I have every right too it.

I have never said they were NO IMPROVEMENTS. Just that the improvement reports are HUGELY overstated. OK I see the difference now.

I have never said they were BAD in anyway.

If I have show me where????

I want a heads up comparison where I and other individuals (without a vested interest) OK so you are now unbiased? can walk from one identical room to another and HEAR a real comparison. But it sounds like the JUB folks are scared WinkNope, It will take allot more than that to scare me!

Craig

• Moderators

OK I am someone who has nothing invested in Jubs and I heard them side by side with a Khorn and LaScala, set at the same level, same amps, same room, without moving anything left different speakers, right Jub all in mono.

No comparison, not even close, now this is just me and my wife's opinion.

There was a much bigger difference in the quality of sound than I was expecting.

While in Indy at the Pilgrimage we heard Jub's in a big room, a guess would be 50' x 100' with at least 100 people talking at the same time. Also they had a crossover/network they were still working on and it still sounded very good.

But when I heard them in a quiet room with an active setup to match how they were designed, I just sat there amazed. ( others know and can explain better what I mean by active than me)

I have heard many concerts from street musicians to jazz bands to huge arenas and what I heard was the best reproduction of music short of a live band that I had ever heard.

As always just another opinion, I have nothing to gain by saying this !

What manufacturers do not exaggerate in audio???

Interesting. Aren't you the manufacturer of the VRD's? So, where are YOU exaggerating their abilities? c'mon & tell us. You just admitted that all manufacturers do it therefore you do too, right? So again, c'mon & tell us... what about them have you exaggerated about and is actually a lie?

[*-)]

I'd be a bit put out by that comment if I owned a pair of VRD's to now learn that their father admittedly lied about them [:(]

What manufacturers do not exaggerate in audio???

Interesting. Aren't you the manufacturer of the VRD's? So, where are YOU exaggerating their abilities? c'mon & tell us. You just admitted that all manufacturers do it therefore you do too, right? So again, c'mon & tell us... what about them have you exaggerated about and is actually a lie?

You want me to help answer that?