Women vs Klipsch

jpm

My wife doesn't really care for my big Klipsch speakers and she also didn't understand why I needed my own room, which I call my Man Cave. I blame it all on my father-in-law for not setting a good example. [:D]

She has never asked me to get rid of my Klipsch speakers and (I think) appreciates how good they sound for music and movies. Her open admittance is a hard pill for her to swallow (as it is for most women because they are never wrong).

5yrs into the marriage, I still have my Man Cave and have a happy wife. No women, kids, or pets are allowed in there unless I say so.

It can be done, it's all about compromise and understanding.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no substitute for heritage Klipsch.....

And there is no substitute for a wife who appreciates Heritage Klipsch either.

My wife not only thinks Belles and other Heritage Klipsch are beautiful, she likes tube gear, too! Our Klipsch are as much a part of our home as any of our furniture or appliances (and are considered as important as any).

These type of women who boot your Klipsch out of your house are KILLING THIS HOBBY. They've been shooting it in the proverbial head for 25 years. Find yourself a woman who appreciates you AND your Klipsch (or just appreciates music....the Klipsch taste will come naturally).

Yes, Heritage ARE furniture. And I consider that to be a GOOD thing.

My wife won't leave me just because of big speakers or loud music. I know that. She doesn't enjoy audio as much as I do but she supports my involvement and enjoys seeing me happy with "simple" toys. She likes to laugh at my excitement over audio and she does enjoy the music from time to time. She definitely likes the people we've met because of this hobby. I keep it all in the basement where it only bothers people if I turn it on.

There are actually women who enjoy quality sound systems. Not many, but some. Make your stereophile interest one of your primary interests and you at least will find one that will accept it. You might get lucky and find one who likes your stereo better than you but takes you by default.

She likes the Heresy's, and KG4's, but the Cornwalls still get .. Roll-eyes .. Confused .. but, she helped me move them in. Thank God for my basement family room, The Snake-Pit, because I'd never get away with them upstairs ........... Truth Here Guys, If I had to make a choice between her and the speakers, the Speakers would be gone, YES, that's what I wrote, The Speakers would be gone ............... I've got 34years of marraige, two kids, a house, and my Boxer, and they mean more to me than any speakers....... I can buy any old speakers ...... I can't replace my family or the 34 years invested in it !!!!!! I'll get beat up for this, I don't care ..................

Thats why you're still happily married. Not a crack against the otherside, to each his own, but I tend to agree. Its why I finished the basement. Its not perfect in everyway, but it works just fine in this life. If I where single things would be different but overall I would not be as happy. That said who know it could not work out, but I am only getting married once. Now back to listening, to music that is. I am doomed.

Well, needless to say, I married very well. She actually buys me all of my gear. It's a game we play, I tell her what gear I am really wanting lately, and, the next bday or Christmas, etc. that comes around, , she gets it for me.

She does think the Jubs look, well, functional. They look ok actually in the front room, yet size of fridge is about right.

But, she does enjoy listening to music on them. I was especially smart to start by listening to music that she in particular likes...

Don't give up on the search, there are some Horn Friendly Babes out there!

Paul

I had a nice used set of Corns. Then I met her, and eventually she moved in. All of a sudden the Corns were too big as I had to accommodate her big, clunky furniture. I bought a set of RF35s to save space. Traded them on RF7s. Just couldn't get past missing my Heritage sound. Finally traded them on new LaScalas and new electronics (Rega), even though they're as big as a washing machine and she told me she'd move out if I bought them. Well, she doesn't live here anymore, and I couldn't be happier. I like women as much as the next guy, just not living in my house. Chicks come and go... horns live forever. Viva' la Klipsch !!!

when you lose the war, you go buy bose (or go build a man doghouse). when you win, you go buy klipsch (and cover her eyes so she doesn't look at other guys; especially those with khorns or (heaven) jubs).

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

I don't think my wife really cares what my speakers look like or how big they are. As long as we're not living on bread and water she's pretty much ok with anything I buy as far as speakers/electronics. I have had to come up with some pretty convincing reasons why certain items needed to be purchased, but she generally just smiles and makes some comment about how it must have taken some time to think that story up.

My wife still gives me the look every once in awhile.... But when she started calling the LaScala's in the bedroom as "her" LaScalas.... I knew she was going to be "OK". She's changed a bit though over the years... Does not want "black laquer" speakers anywhere except the "man rooms". Well, ok, I can live with that. There was no question as to where a pair of Jubilees would go... Man Cave only....

My wife and little girl enjoy and use the system as much as I do. She drove from VT to NC and back with her sister and brought back our 2nd set of Klipschorn's a pair of '77's. How many women would do that?

My little girl has an all Klipsch 5.1 system in her room to enjoy her movies and Dreamcast and Xbox games, she's 6.

Both bedrooms have at least 5.1 systems the living room a 7.2 and even the basement has a 2.1 system for times when ironing or washing clothes.

The cars have systems too! I always keep one of my little girl's CD's loaded in the changer and I give her the remote whenever she is with me in the car to pick through her songs.

I guess I got really lucky.

Your mistake was giving in the first place: the big ole horns came with you when she met you – she knew what she was getting. You hope that she accepts you as you are – but she didn’t, did she?

I got a Man Cave (media room/den), office and ½ of the garage – she got the rest of the house….

All the women I’ve known since my divorce three years ago (thanks Lee and DaddyDee) hate the big ole horns but love the music. They all have better up end hearing than me.

Playing their music really helps!

I don't think my wife really cares what my speakers look like or how big they are. As long as we're not living on bread and water she's pretty much ok with anything I buy as far as speakers/electronics. I have had to come up with some pretty convincing reasons why certain items needed to be purchased, but she generally just smiles and makes some comment about how it must have taken some time to think that story up.

Thats funny Wuzzer, mine is the same, but she don't complain after the new stuff is played during movies or music.

Well the funny thing though is it's ok to have a closet full of shoes only - but we can't have speakers? double standard - where is the compromise?

I'm not so worried for my current situation - the gf's dad has a full set of dunlavy 6's and a whole HT room decked out - so I'm getting RF-7's to try and not be so "small" lol.

Well the funny thing though is it's ok to have a closet full of shoes only - but we can't have speakers? double standard - where is the compromise?

I'm not so worried for my current situation - the gf's dad has a full set of dunlavy 6's and a whole HT room decked out - so I'm getting RF-7's to try and not be so "small" lol.

In this world of equal rights, men IMO, have the complete authority to be assertive also. After all is said, men should exercise their perogative too. "What's good for the goose"! Been working for me![A]