And away we go ......... to getting DCR JUBILEES!!!

Travis In Austin

At this rate, they will have to start another division of Klipsch just ot keep up with the orders... Confused

That's got to be a joke Bruce, right? What are they up to, seven or eight? I can't imagine they've sold enough pairs for home use to avoid spelling out the numbers.[8-|]

I need a Marylander to buy a pair so I can hear them!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To this point the price has been the same for everyone who has bought a pair (except Travis). The issue is simply that the Dealer doesn't want their pricing blabbed all over the web -- there isn't anything unusual about that.

"The TAD is something that Roy saw that might be an improvement, wider FR, different cross-over point that might work better in this 2 way configuration."

I don't think the crossover will change since it's primarily dictated by the polar patterns of the two horns. Definitely more extension at the top end though, and the Be diaphragm is supposed to sound real sweet. At $3450 a pair retail they damn well better. Way to rich for my blood, a few guys here will definitely have bragging rights.

Gary, I was joking, but it seems to be picking up speed a little bit. What is the number of new Khorns sold in a year? If I had the chance and a choice, I would pick the Jubilee. My corners aren't good for the Khorn.

Am also curious about your driver choice. I thought the K69 was pretty crucial for the overall combination. Correct me if I'm wrong. Congrats, btw, I am so jealous! Big Smile

Mike

Mike the K69-A is but some people are curious in nature and well the K402 is so good how could someone not want to push the edge of possibilities with it and see what happens!

Also if no one has noticed the Jubilee is a tweeker's Dream if your into that sort of thing![:D]

mike tn

What are they up to, seven or eight?

Actually 14 people now have confirmed ownership or (per Travis) orders submitted. I know 14 doesn't refute your point but I thought I'd at least let it be known what the current ownership count is.

There was once a day where there were only 10 Klipschorn owners, right? [;)]

• Moderators

Congrats Travis! Give me a buzz and I'll help you hook those bad boys up! Nyleva and I have been hitting the Green Belt by the entrance at your house the last few weekends...maybe we can swing by and have a beer on Saturday or Sunday.

You are welcome anytime, you know that. Give me a buzz, we are going to be around Sat. I may be going to Luther's on Sunday to pick up a tapedeck, but not sure on that yet.

Travis

• Moderators

Great choice travis, and Congratulations !

I like an oil finish that should look great!

Well it's official the FIRST Klipshorn Jubilee in Mahogany, very Roguish of you Travis ! [:P]

With the color of Mahogany you may have a hard time deciding what color to paint that little 402 horn ?

$7,000 per speaker? Do they come with the small or the huge HF horn?

I believe you quoted the price per pair, in matching black. And "huge" just doesn't quite say it, does it? (See pic, below.)

Congrats travis! For your sake, I hope that you have an addictive-resistant personality. You'll need it, partner.

Chris

post-28404-13819360886016_thumb.jpg

Travis and Wrinkles, My dad lives in Cleburne and I am there all the time. Way too much lately. I have Aunts, Uncles and cousins scattered all in that area. Travis, everytime I drive thru Waco I think about getting a hold of you but it seems I am always in a rush to get to either Cleburne ot Houston on my way thru. I should be going up again in mid March, I will give you a shout when it gets closer. Steve

• Moderators

Me too - seems like most of those weird speakers live in places other than where I live...

Not any more ! Now you live with them, OK just weird compared to the average person's speakers.

I have heard them, and I don't care what they look like they sound better than any speaker I have ever heard.

Generally, the upcharge for custom wood finishes is about 33% extra according to Customer Service.

(note: this is not a firm quote- any Klispchorn Jubilee orders must go through Roy, especially the custom ones)

Has everyone read Roy's preface to PWK's The Legend biography? Really nice stuff!

Michael

• Moderators

Generally, the upcharge for custom wood finishes is about 33% extra according to Customer Service.

(note: this is not a firm quote- any Klispchorn Jubilee orders must go through Roy, especially the custom ones)

Has everyone read Roy's preface to PWK's The Legend biography? Really nice stuff!

Michael

Sounds like they do things a bit different in Hope then they do up in Indy. It only cost me 12 bushels of blueberries, 6 racks of ribs, 4 gallons of some fancy ice cream I never heard of, and some sort of new fangled side viewing fish finder. A bargain in my opinion.

Travis