Heritage completely blew me away

wsu99999

When I first joined this forum, I asked a bunch of questions on which Klipsch speakers to buy. Originally, I purchased a complete set of the Synergy line, and quickly realized there was so much potential for more. Upon talking to a bunch of members on the forum, I learned that the heritage line was definately the way to go.

Unfortunately, I am a very stubborn man and thought why would I want those HUGE, Old looking speakers in my living room! So, like most stubborn people, I went my own way and purchased a set of RF-35's, RC-62 and RS-62's. I was in heaven - they sounded amazing compaired to the synergy set. I was completely happy UNTIL... I went to a little place called Brys this weekend.

Basically, Brys is the only place in a 3 state area for me that carries the complete Heritage line. I went there yesterday and I can't get the heritage sound out of my head. I listened to all the speakers I had been reccomended originally here. I heard the Lascalas, the Klipschhorns, the cornwalls, and I am now a heritage junky! I must get my hands on some heritage products or I am going to loose my mind!

I just wanted to post this to everyone that originally tried to show me the light - you were right, and I am sorry I didn't take your advice! If anyone reads this that is thinking about picking up any of the RF series, you MUST go listen to the heritage product line. If you don't I promise you will be like me, and you WILL end up hearing it, and you WILL hate yourself for wasting money on anything else.

wsu,

The West Coast always seem to have good deals through Audiogon, Craigslist on Heritage speakers. Take your time, save up and get the best you can afford.

Myself, I love my New (30year old), Cornwalls.............go figure...........

Email Ki Choi (he lives just outside Seattle as well), and see if you can't arrange a meeting at his house to hear his many awesome systems (one of which uses Khorns). Ki is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and is a gracious host to boot. You can find Ki's email on the Forum directory.

Mike

I heard the Lascalas, the Klipschhorns, the cornwalls, and I am now a heritage junky! I must get my hands on some heritage products or I am going to loose my mind!

Good evening everyone... I... I am also a Heritage addict...

Yes indeed, once you simply give in to the dark side and admit it, you will feel SO much better and be free!! It's rather cathartic.

If you don't I promise you will be like me, and you WILL end up hearing it, and you WILL hate yourself for wasting money on anything else.

Another key point...TIME!!! What if you had gone 5 years with this mindset and THEN had your epiphany? Unlike some who were born into Klipsch in general and Heritage specific...I also had to discover it on my own. Fortunately for me, it happend when I was 18 years old and now, 30 years of Heritage later, I still smile when I turn things up.

Welcome to the fold !

(pun not intended but I like it)

Cornwalls sound better than rf35's? No kiddin'? I think conparing the two would make anyone a Heritage lover.Not that the 35's are bad but they're not $3k.You also said nothing of your set compared to the set you listened on.

That said,Heritage are great,but some of us have heard a wide variety of Klipsch over the years so we're not "slighting " ourselves,we made an informed descision.

I rally liked most of the Klipsch I've heard, but there is just something different about the Heritage line. My first are a pair of beat up KG-4s. I now have a pair of Fortes that I am going to do some work on. I need a much bigger house to get into the Cornwalls and bigger stuff.

Everybody talks about the huge, low distortion sound the Klipschorn makes. True enough. I notice lots of rockers on the forum. Makes sense. But my first experience with Klipschorns was playing a new classical guitar LP at a friends' house. She had just inherited her folks' piano black gloss 50's khorns with a Mac C-22 and 225. My program material didn't make a "big" sound, per se, but I was transfixed. The realism and purity just grabbed me like nothing else ever had. So, they don't just do big well, they do intimate as well. And very, very well.

Next time I heard them it was big orchestral music with organ. Oh man.

To answer one of the questions, I heard the Lascalas, Klipschorns, cornwalls and Herseys. All 4 sounded 10x better than my rf-setup. All of the speakers were powered by a low wattage receiver! The receiver was 65 watts and the sound was so efficient and loud, I thought my heart was going to skip a beat. In my personal opinion, it is like the same company doesn't build the RF series as the Heritage series - and to answer the other comment made to me - which was "of course the cornwall sounds better, it's 3k" - well, the great thing about these speakers is they have all been made for the past 50 or so years, so you can find them for next to nothing. For the price I picked up my RF setup, I could have purchased 2 Lascala's and 5 herseys!! Needless to say, anyone looking to buy RF-35's, RC-62 and 2x RS-62's :) For the top dollar, I think I'm going to ebay em.

In all fairness, I didn't hear a 5 channel setup, just 2 so they may have some disadvantages in home theater application,but honestly, i can't see how they could. I have heard speakers that cost 32k a peice (from Focal) and honestly, I was way more impressed with the Lascalas, and the corners

I rally liked most of the Klipsch I've heard, but there is just something different about the Heritage line. My first are a pair of beat up KG-4s. I now have a pair of Fortes that I am going to do some work on. I need a much bigger house to get into the Cornwalls and bigger stuff.

Well, one would think the large heritage won't fit in a small house, but if you can fit them in they sound great.

I visited Groomlakearea51 a couple of weeks ago and his Wall of Voodoo (Klipschorns, Fortes, Heresies) in his man cave sounded wonderful and his house isn't very big. His other Wall of Voodoo currently "only" consists of La Scalas and Cornwalls as the Klipschorns for that one are being rebuilt. There's even a pair of Klipschorns in his son's room.

Dang. Those voices are getting stronger after that visit.

In all fairness, I didn't hear a 5 channel setup, just 2 so they may have some disadvantages in home theater application,but honestly, i can't see how they could. I have heard speakers that cost 32k a peice (from Focal) and honestly, I was way more impressed with the Lascalas, and the corners

Heritage speakers are great in home theater applications. Many forum members have them. Some started out with a pair for 2-channel and just added surround speakers as needed. I'm using a pair of 510 JubScalas for mains, with Heresy IIs for center and surround, plus a Paradigm sub. The combo sounds excellent, whether for 2-channel or 5-channel.

Ok while not technically heritage, my fortes are in my living room and they are big(low WAF) but my house is 1023 ft so those or heresy will fit but they do become a focal point of the room they are in. I put them on either side of my 57" dlp and they don't look too big. LOL Really, I posted in another thread that I will be putting these in a basement HT. They are just a little too large. But we're moving in a few(12) days so I'm just letting them stay here for now.