Thursday's the day: Paloma's surgery

fini

Gregg, the best prayers and wishes from my family to yours. Hope all is going well.

As the father of 4 "little girls" and a "young bride" that I've had for the past 29 years, I know how special the women in our lives are, I just don't understand why they put up with us. Patrick

Hi folks!

The surgery did happen as planned, they were able to do everything with the laparoscope (as opposed to opening her up). She's in a lot of pain, still. Part of that may have something to do with her not having had major surgery before, and having to deal with that level of pain. The nurses and doctors are great. A good mix of comfort and encouragement. As of last night, she'd gotten up to go to the bathroom 3 times, but hasn't been able to get out in the hall. We've been encouraging her, and will get her moving this morning when we get there. Cathy and I are sleeping at my brother's place about 1/2 hour south of SF. Hopefully she can come home today.

I'll write more when we get home. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We're feeling them!

During the years we spent mostly in the hospital with my first born daughter reconstructing her heart I felt that support. Though raised a believer I was not prepared for being supported on wings of angels. Agnostics and atheists feel free to scoff, but I know for a fact that neither myself nor my wife had the strength alone to deal with hour after hour, day after day, week after week, and months without end of alarms, SAT's in the 50's, and endless crises. It was the first time in my life I experienced personally the "peace that passes all understanding."

During that time, my priest said "Dave, when levels of 'fortunate coincedence" reach points at which rational person finds them unbelievable, you should either buy a bunch of lottery tickets or proclaim your faith...maybe both!

This I believe!

I am so pleased, but not entirely shocked, that it is going well for Paloma.

Don't forget to say "Thank You!!"

Dave

It is great to hear she did well. By now, she should be home and it is easier to recover there. Do get her up and walking, it is VERY important to walk, walk, walk and then walk some more even if she does not feel like it. If you remember, I had blood clots in my legs that went to my lungs and nearly killed me, they might have been avoided if I had walked more, there is no way to know for sure but walking is cheep insurance in any case.

As always, please contact me for questions, info or support,

Wayne

Hi Wayne! We got home last evening! I spent about three hours last night tracking down a pharmacy that was open after 7 on Sunday night...[;)]

She seems to be doing pretty well. She was in such bad shape before the surgery (was in so much pain from her GERD, she hardly exercised), that her recovery has been slower than average. Yes, we are going to get her up and moving! Thank you so much for your support, particularly the email. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, but I would love to give you a call (later today?). What's a good time?

Everyone, thank you so much again, your support warms my heart, and encourages me, Paloma, and our family.

Thats great to hear! Yes after hours pharmacys are sometimes hard to find, we only have one that I know of within 30 miles of our home and yes we have used it a few times, thankfully it is on the way home from the hospital, the uasual location that you get perscriptions in the middle of the night!

Call any time. Use the cell until about 4 to 4:30 then use the home number, the cell does not work at home.