Oldbuckster Update?

Tarheel

I'm not one to "Just Give Up" and I know Rob won't give up either. He will fight to the end with everything he has.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't get back on here "Raisin' Heck" and being the same OB. Maybe I'm just an optomist but I DO expect it.

I still have faith he can/will be healed. Bad news from the doctors sure, but I haven't given up and I'm still asking for all the goodwill you have in asking for a recovery for him. It won't cost nothing to take a moment and "ask for help" for the 'buckster.

Harry

DONE! I have a good friend,she was diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer 6 months ago.The doctor said due to advanced stages(she had been treated for everything in the book but cancer for almost 1 year) she had 2 weeks to 2 months.I told her I would not give up unless she did.She started chemo and other treatments.She was down to 97 pounds(used to be 140) after a month or so of treatment.In the past 2 months she's has gained 15lbs and is looking much better,and talking much better.She still may be on borrowed time but the cancer in her liver shrunk to half its size and some smaller spots disappeared.

The point is,I also am an optimist and hold out hope OB will be back with us someday soon,we pray.

I talked to Rob's wife yesterday evening. He's still in the hospital as of last night. Chemo has started now.

I asked about sending cards, etc, and was asked to hold off a bit.

Our prayers and thoughts are greatly appreciated. I was told to "keep it up" and don't give up hope.

Harry

EDIT: The only new info is his pain meds have been increased.

I talked to Rob for about 2 minutes yesterday.
He got home sunday afternoon best I could understand. He's on oxygen and can
barely speak, his wife had to call 911 yesterday morning. I didn't get many details as
his wife's voice was shaky and his was barely legible. Very weak.
I asked about sending cards, or any help that may be needed.
His reply: "Thank you to all, but nothing's needed" "Tell everyone thanks for thinking
about me"
He seemed very appreciative but he's tired, weak, and sick(could be from the
chemotherapy). I don't know much at all.
I tried to call a little while ago but no answer.
Harry

barely speak, his wife had to call 911 yesterday morning. I didn't get many details as

His reply: "Thank you to all, but nothing's needed" "Tell everyone thanks for thinking

about me"

Harry

This makes me feel sick. Listen, the Mrs needs some help, some real serious help experienced with this stuff. They should be able to get some kind of home health services in the home. This could be either a home nursing service or a hospice service. He is very sick and can do nothing for himself. Unless there are other family members involved she is on duty 24/7 and that is just not good for either of them. See if you can talk to another family member. They may not even be in the house but should be able to get this set-up. Just have them call the doctors office and ask about hospice or homecare and how to get it started. In a matter of less than a day help could be in place.

about me"
Harry

This makes me feel sick. Listen, the Mrs needs some help, some real serious help experienced with this stuff. They should be able to get some kind of home health services in the home. This could be either a home nursing service or a hospice service. He is very sick and can do nothing for himself. Unless there are other family members involved she is on duty 24/7 and that is just not good for either of them. See if you can talk to another family member. They may not even be in the house but should be able to get this set-up. Just have them call the doctors office and ask about hospice or homecare and how to get it started. In a matter of less than a day help could be in place.

Offers have made by many forum members. NOT lightly I may add. The generosity here is second to none.

The family already has the essentials in place. Things are taken care of and the family has their preferences and their wishes should be observed.

I'll pass on your thoughts.

Tx,

Harry

Rob's wife just called.

Rob is back in the hospital and most likely isn't coming home. Too late for hospice. Horrific pain. Bodily functions shutting down.

He can't move so he's decided to stay at the hospital for the remainder of his time which is anytime now. His kids are coming back in to see him off. It's all he's waiting for. He's not ready until they get there.

It's hitting his wife now. I guess she's finally accepted it is going to happen. She's having a very hard time talking about it. She's a very gracious woman. With all that's going on, again she's relayed thanks to all and she's wished us all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Harry