Oldbuckster Update?

Tarheel

Although me and OB don't always see eye to eye, our jabs have always been in good fun and he's still one of the good guys around here. My best wishes go out to him and I want him to know he is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets to read this himself but if not, I know someone here will pass this message on to the old coot!

OB's a man with a great love for some of the finest things in Creation: Porsches, Klipsch Cornwalls, Scott tubes, and '60s-'70s Rock and Roll. All good things, and the love of them, come from one source. I'm praying to The Source, through His Son, that He will use Rob's deep love to implement His Divine Love and bring about a rapid and complete healing, until all things are made perfect.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Hear, here...OB came here as many did with equipment he was totally happy with...a Sony receiver and perfect kg4s as I recall...a little time here and he found out that he "needed" Heresy IIs...a Sub...Tubes...and Cornwalls to be even happier...[;)]...like many of us, he embraced the madness...here is to a lot more time to enjoy life...in my prayers buddy...

Bill

I was off the forum for a little more than a year due to a divorce, and some other issues in my life. but I remember NUMEROUS tims that buck helped me out on here. Whether Klipsch/ audio related or not.

I wish him the best of luck and hope to see him post on here very soon!

I thought I had already posted in here but I guess not! Well, here goes:

Oldbuck, I hope you do get well soon. Someday I hope to be like you, an old coot who isn't afraid to speak his mind!*

*Said with the utmost sincerity and respect, sir! [Y]

Rob - Headed off to Mass. I will be lifting you up before the Throne of Grace this morning. May our Lord pour out His blessings upon you!

Bruce

I will do no such thing. Bucky and I have had too many differences which he must repent for. OK, tell you what. I’m going to give you a break. Now get up off your @$$ show us a great big buckster smile. You’re going to be ok, I said so.
  • Like 1

I haven't been able to get a hold of Oldbuckster for a couple of days but this morning when I called I reached his wife.

I have the "OK" to let everyone know what's going on now.

Rob has lung cancer and it spread to his spine and now his liver.

He's in the hospital with a lung infection and he's undergoing radiation therapy and next week he will probably start the Chemotherapy.

Here's how it is... There's nothing that they can do for him except to try to make him comfortable and hopefully be able to extend life a little bit for him.

Rob can't walk or get to the PC or go downstairs to listen to the old Scott and Cornwalls. He just can't get around.

If he hasn't returned your email best wishes or answered the phone to anyone you now have the reason.

Please keep up the prayers and good thoughts for "OB".

Harry

Thanks for the update Harry. Do we have a photo of Rob anywhere? I don't know if I would even recognize him, his wit is everywhere here, but he didn't post many image to my recollection.

Another local friend of mine is in similar circumstances to where he takes the chemotherapy to extend his time, but then it compromises the quality of his time. It's a catch22. Dale has taken the steps to move downstairs where all his toys are (family room/kitchen area) with good views of his property, etc. I don't know the layout of OB's home but if there is a hospice type bed he can get hold of, it sure is nice to be around family and the things you love to do while undergoing treatment.

Or if his CW's and stuff are in the basement, perhaps there's a Forum member or two who could arrange to stop by and help get him better setup in his surroundings? Who lives near him and could help out or at least visit a Brother who is hurting?

Prayers still headed your way for some peaceful time.

Michael