Oldbuckster Update?

Tarheel

Like Harry I have become very close to OB (Rob) over the years now and he is a very proud and private man. For those of you that remember he went through quite a spell this time last year and we were in constant contact through phone and personal emails. He is strong but our prayers can sure help. For someone who seems very cantankerous out here you would never know it to actually speak with him and he always has something good to say to you. We almost always talked family and our children and our hobbies always seemed to matter not.

If and when I here from OB or his family agin I'll post but until then all our prayers are going out to Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

• Like 1

I talked to Rob today for over an hour.

I gave him our best wishes from the forum.

He regrets not being able to reply and thank all who have shown their support and caring. He will himself explain all if he eventually is able to sit at the PC.

Please keep the prayers and best wishes coming for our friend.

Bless ya OB. My prayers are with you.

Harry

Harry-- THANK YOU for passing our best wishes onto Rob. I don't know if he's able to read the forum or not; but, thanks for filling in the gap.

He was the first forum member to invite me to his house (my wife dumped me after 26 years and rob offered to open up his home if i needed to get away for awhile) never got to take him up on that offer as I live on the southern california coast. But just knowing that our conversations on this forum are much more than just conversations with strangers. It is guys like Rob (and many others here) that make this a special place--I'd to say a Band of Brothers; but, that one has been used already.

• Like 1

Harry-- THANK YOU for passing our best wishes onto Rob. I don't know if he's able to read the forum or not; but, thanks for filling in the gap. He was the first forum member to invite me to his house (my wife dumped me after 26 years and rob offered to open up his home if i needed to get away for awhile) never got to take him up on that offer as I live on the southern california coast. But just knowing that our conversations on this forum are much more than just conversations with strangers. It is guys like Rob (and many others here) that make this a special place--I'd to say a Band of Brothers; but, that one has been used already.

Rob is NOT able to sit at the PC. He can't get to his beloved Scott and Cornwalls. The situation is NOT good.

He's pretty down right now. In his own words.. "I've hit a roadblock I can't overcome" "If I get to feeling better I'll get on the forum and let them know what's going on with me".

He's grateful for the thoughts and well wishes. He doesn't mean to be "rude" but there's nothing he can do right now. Hopefully he'll be able to tell you himself in his own words.

My advice: If you have any "pull" with "THE BIG GUY" it's the time to ask for some help for a great guy.

Harry

I talked to Rob today for over an hour.

I gave him our best wishes from the forum.

He regrets not being able to reply and thank all who have shown their support and caring. He will himself explain all if he eventually is able to sit at the PC.

Please keep the prayers and best wishes coming for our friend.

Bless ya OB. My prayers are with you.

Harry

Thanks for the update Harry. I'm reading a bit of optimism there - I hope I'm right. Here's to a quick recovery and I hope he remembers that he said that I could drive his Porsche if I ever was out his way. [;)]

HarryO

When you talk to Rob again please try to tell him Fender and his bulldog miss him, and that because of him i stuck around on the forum and made many great friends...

I know it may be difficult but I figured I'd ask........you never know when a few kind word can make a big difference in someone's life....OB has touched my life!

• Like 1

Harry,

Thanks for keeping us up to date on Rob's status and passing along our best wishes and prayers. I've not talked to Rob but we've exchanged a few emails. Very nice person and great guy. I think he invited me to stop in and hear his Cornwalls if I'm ever in the vicinity. Yeah, he comes across as a bit cranky on the Forum at times, but I've always enjoyed OB's posts. Always straight and honest. He's probably smart enough not to let me drive his Porsche [:S]

Rob. You're one member of the human race we really miss around these parts. Still praying to the big guy for a speedy and complete recovery.

• Moderators

We have also had a few emails with him and yes he is a really nice guy. He was always concerned with how we were doing and if we were taking care of ourselves, we had also talked about paying him a visit one day, looking forward to it OB, would love to meet you in person.

We really hope he can turn this around, and like Bisamuel said " Still praying to the big guy for a speedy and complete recovery ".

• Like 1

I just noticed this thread,been a pretty busy season.I'm really sad to hear OB has hit a rough spot on the highway of life.I'll join with the others here in best wishes that OB can come back soon and jump my butt for somethin'(all in good spirit).BEST WISHES FOR YOU OLDBUCK!

Harry O, If you can, let Rob know I think about him, alot. Although weve never met, I consider him a friend of mine. He invited my wife and I to stay at his home when we were in Saratoga for the 2006 CSN&Y concert. I believe in the power of prayer and ours are with him. Doug, lugnutdoug@hotmail.com