What does your login name mean?

tommyboy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, middle and last name initials.........real clever, huh?

And here I was thinking it stood for Sweet Wisconsin Lakes... Is that a Wisconsin landscape in your avatar?
It sure looks like one. I don't have a camera so I got it off the computer with that in mind......and yes, the lakes are sweet. [:D]

See What happens when your not up on all of todays terms???? You get thrown into posters oblivion Big Smile

What were you studying in School???......I Majored in *** ..... you should have been concentrating on the other end Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

That's funny......I majored in ***, too. No books......lotta Old Style.[:P][:S][:S][:S]

Twisted Crank Cammer:

I own a 427 Ford SOHC Hemi engine commonly refered to as the "Cammer"

All Cammer engines had forged steel cranks, and all forged cranks back then were twisted as part of the manufacturing process.

If you look at a cast crank from say a 350 small block chevy, the parting line is in the same place the entire legth of the crank, but if you look at a forged steel 350 small block chevy, the parting line is wider, and in a different location on each throw, as that crank was twisted in its manufacturing process.

Roger

See What happens when your not up on all of todays terms???? You get thrown into posters oblivion Big Smile

What were you studying in School???......I Majored in *** ..... you should have been concentrating on the other end Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

That's funny......I majored in ***, too. No books......lotta Old Style.Stick out tongueTongue TiedTongue TiedBeerBeerTongue Tied

I just knew we had more than the love of klipsch in common[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

Thems was the good ole day's........

Me Loves Khorns,

It is also the swab that pirates used to clean the cannon barrells between firings. Maybe they used those who knew! When my wife was doing her residency there was a gynoncologist attending that would always pimp the residents with that in their first case. He would ask them to go get a merkin, a light gray one , and not come back into the surgery until they had found one. The surgery nurses would usually fill the residents in. This gynoncologist had actually seen one during his residency in the forties or early fifties. I picked up on the word since most people don't have a clue what it means and it is kind of work related to her. Her license plate is Merkin also.

Thats funny.

We will sometimes ask med students to get us an Otis Elevator and bring it to the room. Some surgical intruments are called elevators, to lift the abdominal wall up. They will look and think and look some more.

Then a few will remember that the Actual Elevator they rode up on says Otis on it, being the largest elevator manufacturer there is.

None have actually tried to bring one of them to the room yet...

Paul

I own a 427 Ford SOHC Hemi engine commonly refered to as the "Cammer"

Roger, you'll get a chuckle out of this exchange on rec.audio.tech, from a guy who thought that he was posting to rec.auto.tech: Ford Engine ??.

Greg

Greg,

That was a good read and a good laugh and about 90% accurate!!!

Thanks for the chukle......

Roger

I was born a James - named after my Scottish born Grandfather, James Galbraith. There is also an Uncle Jim, a cousin Jim (who became Jamie) and assorted other Jims. At Thanksgiving or Christmas, when Grandma would call "Jim"!, we would all heed the call. Hence, I became Hamish to the family at large and Myhamish to my Grandfather. He lived to be 94 and passed away in 1988 (he wanted to see the Maple Leafs win one more Stanley Cup). I play his pipes, which were his Dad's pipes and in a way, he's still there. Proud to be Myhamish. Slainte, Hamish

10%? I had a 1970 Boss 302, and I'm pretty sure it was not a Windsor block. It was a 4 bolt main Cleveland  type.

Nope, the Boss 302 was a Windsor block with 4 bolt mains and Cleveland-style heads: 221-302 Windsor Engine Magic.

Greg

On edit: That's not a bad thing. The Windsor blocks had a better oiling system than the Cleveland blocks.