• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Thanks for all the feedback, especially @Dave1291, I don't have a compelling reason to unload them, and you've encouraged me to try to make room for them. They are beautiful! I know the pics don't accurately represent their appearance, but the original owner did an awesome job on the finish. I have read posts where some state to keep the speakers completely original, and others are passionate about replacing the caps, etc. for the best sound. I would be interested in the best sound over keeping the original state, but certainly don't want to lose the Klipsch signature pure sound. What would be recommendations for upgrades to these all original speakers?
    • Here is a description of that oil in German, just use google translator.   https://bormawachs.com/dettaglio_new.php?idprod=NAT4978XX&cat1=2&lang=3
    • Blah, picked one up at auction someone had w/a system.  Basically a heavy duty power switch me thinks.  Listed at a k and I paid 200 for it.  It is what it is.  Tons of hype but does that floor really drop?     Only floor I ever saw drop was while standing up against the wall riding a spinning ride at an amusement part.  Yea, ok, more rocket science. 
    • Very nice, thank you! Don't know if that brand is sold in the US and I can't read Italian, but what are the ingredients of this oil? What is straw oil?
    • I agree with the suggestion about addressing your room. Big improvements to be had there for sure.    If streaming is your only source, you can reap huge benefits here by upgrading to a dedicated streamer and improving your DAC. 
    • This isn't necessarily true, if power conditioners have isolation transformers with Faraday shields. The output of the isolation transformers is completely isolated from the source power, including the grounds. The output is a new source of power derived from your power source and isolated. Same if the power conditioner is a double conversion UPS system   Noise can also originate when there is a voltage difference between the ground and neutral wires (they are tied together at your electrical panel so the voltage difference should be zero). Noise can also originate from TV cables that are tied in some way to your audio system, and digital sources within your system (CD's, NAP's, etc.) if they share power with your amplifiers and analog audio equipment.   Noise is a complex subject that takes books to explain. Unless you can hear noise on your audio system you don't need any of these. If you have noise, investigate and find the source, then investigate ways to mitigate.   If you have voltage swings so great that your system cannot handle it, you have big problems in your house way beyond your audio system, or you have absolute junk equipment.   If you are worried about voltage spikes, isolation transformers and SPD's will protect your system. (forget about power strip protection, they are useless). 
    • This album, but also all the others, for male voice and excellent recordings...
    • I will admit that I have not looked at the technical details of "power conditioners" because I considered those to be over priced and in most cases unnecessary. If you have audible noise in your system caused by the incoming power supply, then the most cost effective way to mitigate that issue is to install isolation transformers. Another benefit to isolation transformers is they are protection against short duration voltage spikes that can fry electronics.   Another solution is "always on-line " or double conversion configured UPS's (uninterruptible power supply) but these are expensive and require maintenance (batteries).   If "power conditioners" are essentially one or both of these concepts then they will work, but again too expensive. If all they do are voltage regulation definitely don't buy them. If voltage swings to your house are so great that your normal sound system's power circuitry can't manage it, you need to have discussions with your power company.
    • It is the Plus, all handpicked caps/resistors, IIRC. 100% original, no mods. 
    • Marvel, and nickyboy6100, you're just about convincing me to give up the hunt for anything better.  Thanks for your contributions.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    drjlo