• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• unfortunately the best way, if you set on streaming from your computer, is via optical link to external DAC. if you get a motherboard with acl1220 audio processing, then it will sound decent but not elite. Bluetooth will also work reasonably well.   I use Optical to Topping Amp to Focal 100iwlcr speakers and a Dayton Low Profile Subwoofer. I am using the internal motherboard acl1220 processing. I would not suggest anything lower than that codec.   I run this with the latest JRiver audio player/library.   I would never run my computer to a main system, but that's just me.
    • Sorry bud - I missed your message.  They are in my storage unit now... but its right along the edge of the surround... Left speaker in the image at about 11'oclock... its barely noticeable.  I think after a bit of a clean up with some alcohol, just a dab of rubber cement would fix it right up.   These do have some ... ahem...  mouse evidence I noticed as I was putting them into storage - a few dropping in the surround area.  So they need a cleanup.. not terrible, but full disclosure as I dont want you to waste your time.     I'm not doing myself any favors with the gory details - but I've rescued worse.. lol.  Its okay if no-one wants them..  I just have to try before pitching them as I would never forgive myself if someone needed them.   Let me know - I'm around tomorrow and can meet you at the storage unit if you want to take a look.  Its just off US23 exit 79.
    • Another failed FEMA response.. FEMA's most powerful and far reaching ability is not to help with disasters... it's strongest influence is to suspend The Rights of it's Citizens.
    • DSP... blend with 'ears'
    • Things are still okay.   Still no water or power.   we just got a load of supplies from folks at our church. They are working on getting us a generator as well.
    • I got used to 11 right away.  Very minor changes in my opinion that were very intuitive to figure out.
    • Windows 10 was designed to be a service and just update it. I would guess the pc manufacturers wanted a 'new' version number to help sell PCs.   The organization where I am employed has over 300 computers, desktops, laptops and servers. Approx 2/3 are linux based, the rest are various Windows iterations. One Apple product, that the graphics/crafts/photograger uses. He's in his upper 80's, and will be retiring soon. Then the Apple will go away. It's been a long time since they were better for graphics and layout, etc. Even Adobe has said their products are actually better on Windows.   Windows 11 is ok, and management wise has some nice things. Linux distros have matured a LOT in the last ten years. A lot of music and art companies are supporting or beginning to support linux. Even MS allows a linux subsystem to be installed on Windows.  
    • I first saw huff reviewing KEF Ls50 w speakers and he acted as if they were the greatest speakers in the world. I later bought a pair and they were good but not great. Very little mid bass and almost no lower register. He got rid of his Ls50 Ws and for a long time his favorite lifetime speakers were his fleetwood Devills. Now the fleetwoods lack bass compared to the Qualio and many other brands of speakers he has bought. His review of the Buchardt A10s was good and accurate as was his review of the Buchardt sub10(which btw is a wonderful combo) but he raves about almost every new to him piece of audio gear. Then he doesn’t. Lol   i am enjoying the new speakers a lot despite the Huff hype.
    • A friend of mine makes a healthy mix (yes you heard me right) with just a few candy corns mixed in with peanuts, almonds, walnut pieces and sunflower kernals....   I call it birdseed, pretty good and just enough candy corn to add a little sweetener.  It makes you feel loose and easy... or that could have been the scotch.  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gtrman423