• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• A fantastic half speed mastering release  ‘Wings  Band in the Run    ‘’Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/29654740-Paul-McCartney-And-Wings-Band-On-The-Run      
    • Van Der Graaf Generator First released 1968/9  
    • With Devon, everything is certainly different than with someone who makes just good audio, like someone who focuses his life, knowledge and skills on building and developing good tube amps... for example. I assume that someone who has dedicated their life to technology knows a lot more about tube amps (and/or horn systems or recording mixing or anything else). When someone like that starts a business, something like McIntosh or Klipsch or SME can come out of it...a tinkerer or a scientificly educated person) becomes a workshop, the workshop becomes a factory and (at the same time) the factory becomes a strong brand. That's the usual trajectory.   It's different with Ojas. Ojas is not a brand that has developed alongside a factory. Ojas is a concept. I have to say that Devon has managed to aestheticize audio. His strategy is that he not only selects good audio for his goals, but that it must also look interesting to his customers and have a story to tell. At the same time, Devon's audio takes a back seat to other interests, e.g. the artwork or the Mercedes brand or the Luis Vuitton bag or the USM cabinet is more important than Devon's amps or speakers at the moment of presentation, exhibition, vernissage or show. I don't begrudge Devon his success, he has found his place in a world of the beautiful and the rich, but he also opens audio in a way that he offers DIY courses for amp building. But these courses are not designed to help someone understand the basics of physics and electrical engineering. As far as I understand it, Devon's DIY courses help stressed managers or otherwise burdened people to relax while DIY. The participant is probably more into tinkering with prefabricated components, etc. But even in this case it is very comparable... It is not the DIY course or the tube amp as a result that is most important, but the relaxation therapy of the participants. Devon's courses are a form of group therapy, and people learn to slow down because Devon incorporates traditional Japanese Zen elements into the courses. This experience is suddenly perhaps more valuable than someone having cobbled together an amp at the end I would never go so far as to compare Devon or his company Ojas with a traditionally structured audio manufacturer. Devon's recipe for success is really the aestheticization of an art and advertising business. That's what makes him successful. If I were to position him, I would say that he is neither a technician nor an artist. He doesn't have to be either, because there is obviously a lot of room for Devon's business idea. If I may be a little critical, I would say that Devon itself is just a phenomenon, and if at all, people will later only remember the phenomenon Ojas but not a technical contribution or a great work of art. The current buzz surrounding Ojas could also be a sign of a flash in the pan that won't interest as many people in 10 years as it does now. But it doesn't have to end that way if Devon manages to position himself timelessly in his world (if it knows how).    
    • Yo, did you get these from me?  Still have the subs?  I may grab one back from you 😅
    • No, still collecting parts, plus, It hasn't gotten cold enough for me to focus on inside projects. Probably going to be a January project.  I'm starting to feel the itch, especially since I have a new work bench and new work area.
    • Look, as an example, he's built sound systems that have been displayed in MoMA as an art exhibition. Last night he did a collaboration with Mercedes Benz and Moncler. I believe this weekend also saw his collaboration with NNNN being showcased at ADE. Two days, mate, and he's got countless things happening worldwide. Cool things. Things of artistic and engineering worth. It's impressive.   He builds his own tube amps, just like you, John. Only difference is that his ones are in Louis Vuitton stores.   Park the vitriol. 
    • If you want to come by and hear mine just let me know. Have you already heard a pair?
    • We talked about it, we shall see... Like the idea even now. Those 396 are inspiring.
    • Yes well don't know much still,  yes  Ojas, not Ojab lol...  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Hobb