• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• They sound different... as they should.     you'll be happy with either choice, but if you desire 'scale'... you can not beat the Jubilee, there is no replacement for displacement.
    • Welcome back! I would follow through with your next steps above plan to compare the 2. Khorn and HERitage Jubilee... others will be here soon to go into your post. @Ron Dean Wyler  
    • Hi,  I've heard a Jubilee 6 months ago in a nice set up (3 hours from here in Binghamton, NY).  At that time I wasn't ready to buy new speakers.  Now I am but the Binghamton shop no longer has them.    I've heard two sets of Jubilees that didn't seem to match my memory from 6 months ago.  I don't think they were properly set up.      Stereo store one: A stereo shop in Massachusetts (two and a half hours away) had the Jubilees in a less than ideal showroom situation.  The "sweet spot" was stuck behind some shelves ! (lol).   The fantastic sound stage I remember hearing wasn't there.  They did have a properly set up AK6 Klipschorn in a smaller room which sounded great.  So that has me thinking I might get the K-horn and combine them with two JL Audio F112 Fathom subwoofers which I already have.  But I still want to give the Jubilees a real try out as based on reviews, specifications, technology, etc. they should sound better?  Right??   Stereo store two: At another place (only an hour away) I was able to hear the Jubilees which were set up with some solid state mono blocks (overkill !).   The sound stage wasn't there.  Maybe they had the listening chair too close to the speakers?  They had the speakers about 10 feet apart and slightly towed in.   I did hear a Klipsch Forte IV which actually sounded better than the Jubilees in a smaller listening area but obviously missing the bass.  (how could this be?).      Questions:      Shouldn't the Jubilee sound better than a K-horn?   My listening room is upstairs.   I would have to take the door frame apart to get Jubilees into the room which is fine.   I'm thinking of having them delivered by a piano moving company or moving company??   How have other people done this?   Once in my room how will I move Jubilees to make minor adjustments?  The room is carpeted.   Do they slide on a carpet?  Could I use those plastic furniture disks like they sell for heavy furniture so they slide?   I'm told about 80 percent of people end up using tubes with Klipsch Heritage speakers.  I've never had tubes and am concerned for the usual reasons.  Is there a lot of maintenance?  When do I change the tubes?  Do I have to adjust bias (or something) ?    I currently have a McIntosh MC452 solid state amp and would probably use that for the bottom of Jubilee and get a McIntosh MC275 tube amp for the tweeter.   (good idea?)  The good demos I've heard used tube  amps.   I've been listening to "(I Used to be a) Brooklyn Dodger" by Dion DiMucci as one of my demo songs and the subtle acoustic guitar part is missing when played on the Jubilees (at the bad demos).  I even walked right up to the speakers to try to hear the guitar.  It's subtle but I started to doubt the guitar was even on the song.  When I came home and played it the guitar returned.   This either confirms the poor setups or a possible shortcoming of the Jubilees.  But I haven't heard many negative comments about the Jubilees.    Next steps: I'll be traveling to Boston (about 3 hours away) to a stereo shop where I think they can properly compare the K-horn to the Jubilee in mid November.  That should answer a lot of my questions and hesitations on the Jubilee.   In a couple of weeks I plan to fly to the Capital Audio Fest near Washington DC but it looks like Klipsch won't be there.  I'll be able to hear a lot of other speakers there including some di-pole or open baffle speakers.   ???   I live near Saratoga Springs, NY   currently have B&W 802 D Diamond speakers two JL Audio Fathom F112 Subwoofers JL Audio CR-1 Active crossover (with lots of adjustments) McINtosh C50 Pre-amp  (with equalizer built in) McIntosh MC452 solid state amp    
    • Found this Sound system in UK - La Scala x 4 + Subs x 4  https://thevinylfactory.com/features/brilliant-corners-custom-sound-system-bbc-technics-turntable-console/ Anyone knows the size or ref of that TAD bass speakers ?  Anyone have experienced it ?   
    • I've felt like that before, glad it's not today   C's for Cornbread. And just for you Northern folks: it does not have sugar in it!!  This batch has cheddar and green j a p s in it... nacho cornbread. In foil, in the oven while the coffee brewed it was nice on this chilly morning!   @Dave1291 when it pulls away from the cast iron and moves freely when you shake the pan? It's ready. Nope, resist any mix, do it from scratch!    
    • Put some kind of isolator under the speaker, a cork mat, rubber blocks, hockey pucks... Also change the XO to 100-110, that should take care of it.  Always check over what the receiver sets things up. I try to set all the XO above the lowest the speakers can do. That is what you got the big subs for, usually they don't need any help.    On my system, voices are cleaner and clearer with the xo set to 100, my center is the smaller 404c.
    • What a run he had! That band brought joy to folks all over! & I don't only mean the tie dyed, bell-bottom crowd that took over the southside for days prior to days after the shows. That was 7-9 miles from where the shows were off of HWY74. So I'm sure all the good spots in between were already taken.   RIP Mr. Lesh
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    EdfromFrance