Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

544 topics in this forum

1. La Sacala Vintage

• 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 30 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 9 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Early Rebel Q:

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
  3. K 77 M Tweeters

• 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Heresy question

• 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 41 replies
    • 9.7k views
  • Recent Posts

• Some English band we all know - Play on words 😎 ‘Song title - We used to know     
    • I think what might be tripping people up is that there must have been a wiring change at some point for the Cinema 600 sound bar.  Because my original 5V wires are not the same as what @001 posted.   @001 has the following 5V wires:   STB - Red VDD - White GND - Black   However, on my Cinema 600 (purchased Nov 2020), my 5V wires are indicated below:   STB - Red VDD - Black GND - White   So the white and black wires are reversed on my system.    I just ordered my power supply from Amazon and it should be here next week. When it comes in, based on my original power supply and what I think I understand, I'll be inserting my white GND) wire into the V- and then I'll be twisting my Red (STB) and Black (VDD) together and inserting them into the V+ on the new power supply.   So I think the key is that you need to look at your original wiring first and then you can figure out where they go on the new board.    I'll know for sure next week though.  
    • Mark Knopfler on German tv   https://youtu.be/8KGjy5dFbdM?si=JwDqakVjHk25L-z8
    • Two big upsets in SEC Football today/tonight. Vanderbilt over Alabama and Arkansas over Tennessee! First time ever that two undefeated SEC Teams lose on same day. Kentucky meets Vanderbilt in Lexington next Saturday. Go Wildcats!
    • Couple big upsets today/tonight.  Vanderbilt beats Alabama, and Washington over Michigan.  Arkansas may beat Tennessee.  
    • Read some Kerouac and it put me on the tracks to burn a little brighter now Something about roman candles fizzing out, shine a little light on me now Found a strange fascination with a liquid fixation, alcohol can thrill me now It's getting late in the game to show any pride or shame I just burn a little brighter now, burn a little brighter now Doctor says my liver looks like leaving with my lover, need another time-out now Like any sort of hero turning down to zero still standing out in any crowd Pulling seventeen with experience and dreams, sweating out a happy hour Where you're hiding 29 you know it ain't a crime To burn a little brighter now, burn a little brighter now Dr. Finlay: "And my advice is if you maintain this lifestyle you won't reach 30" Torch: "Christ - it's a romantic way to go really, it's part of the heritage, it's your round i'n'it?" We burn a little brighter now Read some Kerouac and it put me on the tracks to burn a little brighter now It was something about roman candles fizzing out, shine a little light on me now Found a strange fascination with a liquid fixation, alcohol thrill me now Getting late in the game to show any pride or shame Burn a little brighter now, we burn a little brighter now We burn a little brighter now  
    • Yes well uh:       Yes, don't know what to do:
    • Cruising the internet and came across you item. It has been some time but do you still have it?
    • Josh had told me FEMA had supplies there within two days, if not faster. You been reading some fiction somewhere?   And his town is the largest in the county with about 2400 people.