Home Theater

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

31650 topics in this forum

• 9 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
  1. Ksw 12 help

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  2. Quintets?

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• I know I'm late to the game, but I need a couple tweeters.  
    • I've been using my ST-70 pretty religiously for the last 4 or 5 months on my modified Speakerlab SK's.  It's all those speakers really need as far as power goes.  But, coming into summertime, I'm not really needing a tube amp to help heat my upstairs room so I've been looking for/at smaller SS amplifiers to run them.  Only other power amps I have are a 250wpc Rockford Fosgate RF2000 and a 460wpc Carver M-1.0t MkII Opt 002.  But they do sound good on them, too.
    • Yeah, I'd have to remove that decorative trim, too.  Raw birch won't really stain that well, either.  If it's flat and a good substrate, you could just veneer over it and other areas and call it good.  Or, paint them satin black.  Many options.
    • I've always been a fan of Bob and he was always a blast to talk to.  I guess I've known him for about 35 years now and still email on occasion.  I have an M-1.0t amp signed by him (in avatar pic) and a picture of him with it somewhere in my files.  The rep firm I worked for from 2001 till 2009 represented Sunfire and Elan (home control) and we had an event called, "A Night With Bob Carver".  It was a great time and dealers came from all around with various pieces for him to sign.
    • You have made a lot of progress with the whole listening environment. Looks good.
    • I think the reason people seem to always sell their 396's is because it seems capped/rolled off... I'd never own a pair unless it was for a commercial use case.   The 402 has similar 'rolled off' nuance, but with the 402 it is worth trying to work with... the three nine six, not so much.
    • I didn't mean my post as a general comparison of 2-way vs. 3-way speakers. For example, I am an absolute fan of my three-way 1977 LaScala with "air". In the specific case of the 2-way K402, I think a little bit of "air" suits it well. And this is achieved in the way described in this thread without going three full ways where everything gets much bigger in dimensions.  I also believe that a full three-way UJ with a K510 tweeter horn only makes the sound homogeneous over a greater distance than a normal living room can offer..
    • Good thread. If Jensen was still around I would still be building with them. 
    • And this years Golden Shovel award goes to ... Jmm 😀, congratulations.
    • This is an interesting topic my 335's and the forte IV's have that open airy sound that the ki-396's do not have both of those are three-way vs the two-way but my ki-362's are three-way and do not have it and my 325's which are two-way do? Don't believe it's really a 2 vs 3 way necessarily?