What is everybody drinking tonite?????????

winchester21

Just opened a bottle of L'bivez Syrah- Mendocino Cunty -CA 2006

This was a big boy that hit the closeout list recently. I bought 2 cases. At 18 bucks it rocks. The bad economy is a wine drinkers gold mine. I hate it for the producers and employees. But while it lasts ,I am drinking 40 and 50 dollar bottles for half price or less.

This Syrah is drinking great!!!! At 13.7% alcohol there is some ripe juicy fruit but plenty of structure on the backside. Not at all flabby. Definitely a buy.

My beer, Vodka, and Burbon is still screaming retail- We need a govt bailout!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotch is definitely a weekend pastime with a good cuban. Make mine 15 yr Balvinnie -16 yr Lagavulen(cant spell) or12 yr old unchillfiltered Coila.

Springbank also gets an honorable mention in multiple varieties.

If you worked here I work - you would drink during the week.

Scotch is definitely a weekend pastime with a good cuban. Make mine 15 yr Balvinnie -16 yr Lagavulen(cant spell) or12 yr old unchillfiltered Coila.

Springbank also gets an honorable mention in multiple varieties.

If you worked here I work - you would drink during the week.

Your talking my kind of Scotch Lagavulin is my all time favorite. I hosted a wedding party for my best friends and they bought me a bottle of lagavulin distiller edition 2001 distilled 2007 no.496 out of 500. Tonight just a ***** Modelo.

Last night a bottle of Marietta Old Vine Red Lot # 46, served with some Beef Bourguignon that I had made over the weekend. A tasty red zinfandel blend with Petite Sirah and smaller amounts of Cabernet etc. Sometimes referred to as a "field blend." An excellent match with spicy bbq such as ribs, it is a soft full red wine that won't conflict with bbq sauce. Good for folks who don't like the tannic aspect (the drying, tea like quality) of red wines. Marietta is a respected winery and this is their introductory level wine. Available for around $12 a bottle.