DUDES- it's 714!

LOL, I didn't realize until I sorted some files by date and there it was- that famous number of OUR generation. I think about that every time I hear some kid going on about 420 (their 'number du jour').

I don't think there's anything can be done about it in this day and age, so just Relax and dream about those days of yesteryear!

M

yesteryear?? Peeshaw. I'm in Dude, Whoaa!

Merv: How've you been?

Spicoli: Outrageous, Merv. Nice to be here. I feel great!

Merv: I was going to say... your eyes look a little red.

Spicoli:I've been swimming, Merv. .. Seriously, Merv, everything is great. I was thinking about picking up some hash this weekend, maybe going up to the mountains.

A friend of mine had/has a gumball machine, with a 714 lable on it that he used to keep full!!!!

Miami was a great place to live back then!!!!!!!!!

Has- still has the machine but now it's empty :(

Ok, I am clueless as to the meaning, I admit it, I am a SQUARE. To me 714 is only an aera code in Orange County Ca. Stick out tongue

METHAQUALONE

common names: French Quaalude, furies, mandrakes, quas, quacks, quads, 714s, soaps, soapers, sopes, super Quaaludes, super soper

Pop a lude and you're off on a boozeless drunk, flying high with the Quaalude Culture of the seventies. 'Safe and nonaddictive" proclaimed the manufacturers of the magic little tablets. "Let's have a party!" cheered fun-seekers everywhere. So they partied and popped till they couldn't stop; they were addicted.

For those who succeed in defying the "Betcha can't eat just one" dare, an occasional lude trip can be as harmless as an occasional alcoholic drunk. The trick is to keep it occasional. Called a "Jekyll and Hyde drug" by Senator Birch Bayh, methaqualone's -effects can insidiously crap up until you discover you are another soaper statistic.

A nonbarbiturate sedative-hypnotic, unrelated chemically to other sedatives, methaqualone is classified as a centralnervous-system depressant. Quaaludes and Sopors are pure methaqualone

But to tell you the truth I always perfered PICKLES! (lets see who can ID the pickle)

For those who succeed in defying the "Betcha can't eat just one" dare, an occasional lude trip can be as harmless as an occasional alcoholic drunk. The trick is to keep it occasional. Called a "Jekyll and Hyde drug" by Senator Birch Bayh, methaqualone's -effects can insidiously crap up until you discover you are another soaper statistic.

I've had passengers (including my dad) fall asleep on the back of my motorcycle while travelling at highway speeds, or even a bit more, without incident, other than bumping helmets with me when I would slow down. The only time a passenger almost fell off was one time in the early '70s when I was giving a Luded-out friend of a friend a ride home. It was a frightening moment that I never repeated.

At that time, it was mostly teenagers doing it, and we slightly older types would be amused to see them lying on the sidewalk or on the tables outside the local MacDonald's.