Two years ago I was laid off from an office job.

Since then I've lost 45 pounds, got my blood pressure and cholesterol within normal range, lowered my blood glucose considerably, built a 1700 ft2 workshop, found a girl friend, am mixing sound for bands, and travelling whenever I feel like it (can you say Key West?).

And I don't get those terrible headaches from answering the phone all day and living in a beige cube.

This is gonna be the best summer ever.

Thanks for giving me my freedom back, you know who you are.

M

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, Michael! How'd you lose the 45?

Good to hear from you Gregg, I'm still using the blue tape and bandages! O- hope you're well my wise grey friend!

Basically, back on Diabetes type II diet (for the most part), joined a support group/workshop (which seems to work so well for me).

I need adult supervision.

Oh, so That's what I'm doing Mark. [;)] You're quite correct on the lack of lifetime or nearly even gainful employment.

I have been fortunate to have been able to spend a lot of my life in situations that utilized my talents and passions very well. Some haven't been the biggest money-makers but satisfied other needs that I have (good old Maslow). I just have so many that it involves making a shift every few year.

Kind of reminds me of Grandpa Colter's decision at age 55. His farm machinery was obsolete, at the end of it's life. He carefully weighed out he cost/benefits of purchasing new farm equipment but it would have been overkill for his 130 acres.

So he rented the land, started planting roses, and went fishing.

He fished a lot. [:D]

Michael

Two years ago I was laid off from an office job.

Since then I've lost 45 pounds, got my blood pressure and cholesterol within normal range, lowered my blood glucose considerably, built a 1700 ft2 workshop, found a girl friend, am mixing sound for bands, and travelling whenever I feel like it (can you say Key West?).

And I don't get those terrible headaches from answering the phone all day and living in a beige cube.

This is gonna be the best summer ever.

Thanks for giving me my freedom back, you know who you are.

M

Very coool : ) That is awesome news.

I'm catching up to you. I've lost 22lbs but have another 40 to go. Sure does make one feel better.

• Moderators

I need adult supervision

No way Michael. When we are with you we think YOU ARE the adult supervision! If YOU ARE NOT the adult supervision...then who is.... I know you aren't depending on us for supervision! LOL

Seriously, congratulations on your weight loss and your "new" life....I think you know we love you and I hope you know our door is always open! It's been great seeing the transformation in your life over the last five or so years. It's been great spending time with you!

Seti, congratulation to you also. Weight loss is a tough thing to tackle and you guys deserve a pat on the back for the good job.

Dtel says he is slowing losing weight and will probably be in perfect shape..."the day before the bus runs over him". LOL

Super congrats on the girlfriend part---now if only i could find one.

Just don't ever give up.

So, you saying this 2010 is the next Summer of Love? Best regards, Steve

Sounds good to me. I'm headed to the Phil. in July. My fiancee and I fly back on the 7th, wedding in Sept.

Congrats, Michael.

Bruce

Congrats Michael. I've only known you about 3 years and you've never seemed happier. And losing 45 lbs is an awesome accomplishment. Hope you do have the best summer ever. You deserve it man. Let me know if you ever need or want some (pretend) roadie help on your Roadie's gigs.

Have a Great time running the sound at the Rathskellar and enjoying your summer.

Bruce - congratulations to you too on your upcoming wedding.