An open apology for "funny" comments....

Groomlakearea51

• Moderators

I wonder if there's an archive of old deleted forum threads somewhere?

Greg

Sure is!

Yes there is, Amy's right, somehow once, a good while back by accident I was able to see it. I messed up and asked Amy about it and it disappeared, I should have kept my mouth shut. [:S]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I vote for putting all those oldies in a hidden section open to members by request, and this new section could be called "Diatribe Classics." Another policy would be to allow locked or deleted threads to be visible but remain locked after 45 days from being deleted or locked. By that time, the hype is over, and it's all good fun.

• Moderators

I'm very good at ignoring when appropriate.

As any good mother should be, [A] but with this job I would love to hear what you say sometimes about post and the people here [:@]

A person can only take so much, sign on as an anonymous name andf let it rip, you can even ban yourself after you say what you really think. sounds like fun

There is no discernible difference between properly constructed speaker wire and interconnects

Dang.

And here I thought speaker wire was what one hooked one's speakers up the amplifier / receiver to power them and such things ending in bare wire, soldered wire, spades, banana plugs, etc.

I've always thought of interconnects as the cables that connected ones CD player, turntable, tuner, etc to the preamp or amplifer and were teminated in RCA plugs or XLR plugs.

But who am I to argue with the mighty Thebes? Purveyor of all kinds of knowledre, real and imaginary.

Now where'd I put my audio 101 primer?

Dang it Marty, just when I think I understand what kind of wire goes where ....

Some of the new people bring it on themselves... I've been lurking here for quite a while. Oh really? Then you'd understand the off the wall, often funny, way out in left field comments. Re. The recent newbie who called the remarks "stuipid". Not sure he claimed to have lurked much so maybe he was blindsided but many people obviously take themselves too seriously.

Hmmmm. Fini's offer might be ok, as long as the return extra baggage is also at Klipsch LLC's expense. And he is fully clothed though that should not be an issue at the airport but not knowing what an Intramural Airport is it could be located in the Rohnert Park Nudist Park for all I know. If that's the case, as much as I'd like to meet Gregg in person I may have to pass on that offer.

Did someone post something about Sam Adams going away? I think that was a what if. Now that would likely send Marshall into serious fits of depression.

As far as Marshall's equipment counts, he probably has more speakers than he claims at any given time. Yes he has a "Wall of Voodoo", a "Wall of Boudoir", Klipschorns in his son's bedroom. I forget what in the living room the 2 times I visited and often 2, 3, or more pairs being resurrected and / or refinished in his garage. Maybe one or two waiting to be picked up.

I'd say no apology needed for funny comments. This place would be dull and boring without humor, or attempts thereof.

Now maybe I should apologize for my rambling posts when I've not had enought sleep.. [:$]

• Moderators

this does make me wonder who has "killed" the most threads?

I think that might be me, but not for that reason. It sometimes seems like I will answer a post and it then dies a boring death. I almost hate to post sometimes and kill the thread. [:(]

One locked thread worth bringing back would be the "most beauiful woman on the planet" thread. Aside from the images, there was some really funny stuff in there. Before it was locked, it was quickly catching up to the Thebes "right this minute thread." I don't really remember why that one got locked.

I think that might be me, but not for that reason. It sometimes seems like I will answer a post and it then dies a boring death. I almost hate to post sometimes and kill the thread. Sad

Thats funny Dtel you beat me to it. I have a boatload of last posts on my record, just not soo many here.

I think that might be me, but not for that reason. It sometimes seems like I will answer a post and it then dies a boring death. I almost hate to post sometimes and kill the thread. Sad

Thats funny Dtel you beat me to it. I have a boatload of last posts on my record, just not soo many here.

yikes dtel....7647 posts and this is the first one of yours that i've ever seen.

Steve

• Moderators

yikes dtel....7647 posts and this is the first one of yours that i've ever seen. Steve

That's because 7600 + never made any sense, and only half of the other 47 were about audio, and I am being generous.

I don't watch the number, don't care really, I really just do this to try to learn how to type and like high school I am failing typing..........I will never get around to spelling at this rate. [:o] At least I don't type with an accent. [:P]