Taco bell almost vegetarian

dtel

Well they've had me fooled all along. I wouldn't change the recipe, just be more honest in advertising.

Pick up almost any package of sliced cheese for sandwiches and burgers, like Kraft for example. Processed American Cheese Food. What is cheese food? At least it's American. I always look for the stuff that actually says American Cheese........just look for the ridiculous price.

out here in the wild, wild, west--we have Del Taco. That is where I eat (at least five times a week). Much better tasting than Taco Bell; however, it's the taste of the refried beans that keeps me away from Taco Bell. I wonder what their next commercial tagline will be: "Try our new burrito with meat-like substance."

Right, this is what fast food is.

How about the artist who photographed her open exposed McDonald's meal every morning for a year? Photo 1 and 365 are identical.

I read about that...incredible.

no mold...no nothing.

Interesting story. My grandmother was moved to a nursing home over 9 years ago. My dad had her place cleaned up at that point and turned the power off.....winterized.

In this process.....the refridgerator was cleaned out before the power was cut off. Well....my sisters and I recently went through the house to gather things that we would want for hand-me-downs. I opened the fridge door out of curiousity. I then opened the "butter" compartment that is w/in that little door. Low-and-behold.....ther was a stick of margarine (I assume), that was a full stick on a small butter plate with no wrapper. There was an end cut off with a knife....you could still see the ridges from where the knife had cut. No mold no nothin....looked like brand new. So this is after no refridgeration for 9 years.

We no longer buy margarine.

jc

I prefer to eat things that will mold. Then you know you are eating food.

experiment.......

place a stick of 100% butter outside where rain won't get on it. do the same with margarine (classic type...not yogurt). Watch to see if any animal, bug/fly has anything to do with either one. This has been done before.

A dog or rodent or fly...will come to food....

This is new news?

I have worked for a food distribution company for over 26 years. When we were Leprino Foods(I still work at same center just new company), we used to store and distribute Leprino pizza cheese to PFS(Pepsico Food Systems) which owned and distibuted to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut. The drivers would come pick up a load of 18 pallets of cheese to take back to their center. Often times there were pallets of returns from Taco Bell stores that had damaged bags of "textured soy protein" and even frozen cases of "taco meat"(which contained beef, textured soy protein, and spices). I don't know what the beef/soy ratio was but I sure new then that it really didn't look or taste like pure beef.

Bill

• Moderators

Like on a pizza box, when it says "Real" cheese, that's the brand name, that does not mean it's real cheese.

It's like everything you buy they cut corners every way they can, ever notice most things that were sold by the pound are now 12 oz or less, and you know the quality has gone down also.

It's sad. I stopped eating at taco bell several years ago and rarely eat any fast food. When I was a teen-ager I worked for a while at taco bell. Back then I can guarantee all the food was real, and the beef and beans were cooked on site. The cheese and vegetables were also prepped from real ingredients on site. It was all fresh and only the sauce and tortillas were not made right at the store. And now this---just another example of corporate greed and irresponsibility. I also remember when mcdonalds made fries from fresh potatos right at the store.

First off this is a lawsuit, not a ruling so its still debatable if it is true. The link shows that the plaintiff claims that itsnot the standard of beef but that a judge did not make a ruling.

Second Taco Bell has a meat tube, anyplace that dispences meat from a tube is going to be disgusting, doesn't mean I won't eat it though.....

Third most every fast food place now precooks food to a certain specified heat and then seals it up to reheat. Its just a safer way to prevent contamination or undercooked food. Though the taco bell near me did kill someone with salmonia or e coli, i forgot which one.