The Ten Commandments not on TV tonight???

Mighty Favog

I watched The Bible, and found it very interesting and well done. I thought it was the best of all the films of the genre I ever saw. I heard the stories many times but never saw the whole thing done quite so well. Certainly the greatest story ever told.

I watched The Bible, and found it very interesting and well done. I thought it was the best of all the films of the genre I ever saw. I heard the stories many times but never saw the whole thing done quite so well. Certainly the greatest story ever told.

I would agree, except I find non-fiction much more satisfying these days...

a couple of my fave non-fiction titles:

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind - Julian Jaynes

Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola: Nature, Accident, or Intentional? - Leonard G. Horowitz

on the ten commandments being fiction, so they are the ten suggestions?

Wouldn't really say it brought much satisfaction, but the Horowitz book on emerging viruses is a long rascal and it's been some years since i've read it, but the gist is that HIV is manmade. As i remember his take is more about sloppy work and perhaps accidental contamination in research. He is usually dismissed as a conspiracy theorist, but he made a case that didn't sound outright crazy to me. It was more like, hmmmm, could that really be true?

"on the ten commandments being fiction, so they are the ten suggestions? "

In the work of fiction referred to as 'The Bible' there are over 600 commandments. In three different sections they are carved in stone. My favorite is " Do not seethe a kid in his mother's milk" (Deuteronomy 14:21).

The dietary laws. This is usually interpreted as 'don't boil a kid in its mother's milk.' Gets into the separation of meat and dairy.

This could get the thread locked very quickly.