Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

where are all the cat's ???  as soon as they get wind of that street I guess, then the dog's should show up next and put the mop action into effect lol, I mean it could turn into a real cat and dog fight... man, when they said that Hurricane would have biblical proportions, they weren't kiddin'.... but turnin' water into wine ?

Free Fish, let the word out ...

Horn_loudspeaker_truck_1929.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

the more I listen to the Scalas, the more I like them. They can be too loud w/o blaring, sounding excessively loud. They just swallow you up.

It's the same with my Klipschorns, and, sans bass, with my Belle Klipsch center channel.   In general, on my system, any classical recording that sounds bad loud, also sounds bad soft through these lovely, authoritative, behemoths.   Good recordings can reach concert volume without blaring.  For fff, that has meant levels of 100 to 110 dB++, briefly from the main listening position (12 or 13 feet away in a 4,000 cu.ft. room, "C," "Fast").   The wattage per channel at those moments, on my supposedly "peak reading" power meter was about 25 watts.  For f and ff, I coast along at 80 to 95 dB.  A medium level is more like 75 to 85 dB.  All is clean, clear, and still sometimes amazing, with good recordings. 

• Like 4

We're getting some light showers, periodically. Nothing notable, yet.

8 hours ago, babadono said:

Amazing how low distortion speakers can get louder than you realize:)

Had a half decent Yamaha system when I was in HI .... 25years ago.... It was that way.   Was shooting for that. I budgeted the same $$$. It set me back, $2000. I'm there, under budget.

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 hours ago, KROCK said:

That's gotta STINK!

21 hours ago, windashine said:

where are all the cat's ???

With all that fish smell, cats are probably headed that was from the middle of the country. 

Stink, wait until they sit in the heat a couple of days and pop. :emotion-41: 

• Like 2

the room is 12 X 25. They are set on the long wall, 12 feet apart ... toed in slightly. And yes, the H/K630 from Jim is powering them. No usable corners. I could spread them a little further apart, but they start interfering with doors/traffic pattern. You would have to walk around them...

Lovin' them.

the wife, even, likes them.  Looks and sound.

Rosa has us landlocked... Probably until Wednesday.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I think it was an HK 630

46 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

And yes, the H/K630 from Jim is powering them.

Smart, to me they sound great, we use a 930 for the Clll's in the bedroom and they just have a nice sound on whatever you hook them to.

• Like 2