Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Saw my brotherinlaw eating raw hamburger when I was a kid. Guess it was a freshly ground sirloin. Anyway, he lived... :)

Thinking fall in the air now. I will know when I go outside this afternoon. :emotion-44:

It's a habit I had since I was a little kid, when with my mom the butcher hand me meat from behind the counter, he had the same habit and was happy to see me come in.

I guess I have just been lucky, wonder if it's why I have an iron stomach as my wife says ? I can eat anything anytime of the day and never have a problem.

Happy Birthday! Knew I was drinking hard cider for somebody . Cheers :emotion-22::emotion-44:   Here is to your constitution, many more!

Too bad I do not,lol!

• Like 3

Morning gang:

Yet another day of mucky thick smoke filled air to deal with, smoke settles in west during morning/afternoon then blows east at night.

The smell is that of wet burnt wood, visual reference 4 to 6 miles, not my kind of flying weather, so today is another day of being a "Hanger Rat".

Tarheel must be keepin busy, a good thing. Detel likely recovering from birthday bash.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Na I'm ok, just stayed up real late last night enjoying the cool weather 58 last night and haven't felt that since last winter.

I was just reading and looking at pic's of the fires out west, and a good wind to blow out the smoke only makes the fires worse, California will be crispy waiting on a rain to put it out.

When I was younger I was a beginner hanger rat, my dad and uncle had a company repairing planes and helicopters at the New Orleans airport on the lakefront and I would hang out there. It was a non commercial airport so no big jets, all mid size and private planes. They made me a go-cart from leftover plane parts, even had the rectangle steering wheel from a Cessna. I would ride around the hangers and even the landing strips on slow days, it was much more relaxed 45 years ago.

• Like 4

Up early this morning.  Went out to breakfast then did volunteer work at the library and had lunch at the same place a few hours later.  Cooler here this morning and rain.  Gave critter a bone on the back porch.

Checked out a classic at the library Ayn Rand " Atlas Shrugged".  All 1168 pages of it!

May make another pot of coffee.

This is important stuff guys....try to remember.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

One of these days, I'm going to have a long talk with that boy... :unsure2:

Did the first test and afterwards, received an e-mail from supervisor in red talking about the test deadline rapidly approaching.

Guess it is time to go slow now, as I do not want to be reminded...maybe tomorrow, I will continue... :emotion-44::wink:

• Like 3

Cooler here this morning and rain. Gave critter a bone on the back porch.

I guess were talking about Jake and not a date. :o

10665128_791906850830155_258940943642083

You crack me up guys.  Yes it was Jake that got a bone.  Not my date..... and it was a beef bone to avoid any further questions!  

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 2