Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

minermark, on 05 Dec 2014 - 6:57 PM, said:minermark, on 05 Dec 2014 - 6:57 PM, said: Farmer Bud called, wants to shoot river rats wile consuming mass quanity's of Libations @3:30am, count me in

Are we talking real rats or nutria which we call rats also.  3:30 am, no way not me, fishing possibly yes 

You know your from the South when you have tried Nutria jerky before :o it's pretty good really :lol:

iv got a new SoCom M14, 10 round Mag, 7.62 x 51, Optics from hell, Starlight Scope, Farmers jeep has floods from hell, normal take would be around 50 critters. (counting Pieces)

• Like 4

Whilst you fine folks are drinking your coffee…let me tell you how i did nothing and ended up a hero.

I suspect that if you are the person that sold your 12 acres of land to Google Inc. for the $120 million and now buying Klipsch for the forum, you would be a hero to all. :emotion-51:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:  :wink:

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-playa-property-sale-20141203-story.html#page=1

Here, let me pour you a cup of coffee.  Do you take cream or ketchup in your coffee? :tongue:

coffee pouring .gif

ketchup?  hmmm, not a bad idea.

• Like 3

ketchup? hmmm, not a bad idea.

Why not just go straight to tomato juice, it's pretty good stuff.

I do love V8 with some lemon and tabasco.   When i was about 14, i went camping with my hippie cousin and her friends. First time of prolonged drinking (and have NEVER had a Miller High Life since); but, in the morning, they would put Snappy Tom cocktail sauce in their beer--a form of tomato beer i guess.  I did it too; because I was 14 and a copycat. I’ll end the story there as the road thereafter was long and dark. But by the grace of God -- I’m still here and able to annoy you fine folk in your discussion of speakers and stuff.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

I do love V8 with some lemon and tabasco.

Just bought a 6 pack of Hot & Spicy V8 tonight...makes for great Bloody Marys.  I know you gave up alcohol but you are on to a good virgin BM.  Lemon is the ticket as opposed to lime and a little worcestershire and celery salt.

• Like 5

• Moderators
I do love V8 with some lemon and tabasco.

Me to it does not bother me at all to leave out the alcohol in a Bloody Mary, I am in it for the flavor, and I do remember Snappy Tom, that's been a while.

Had a Bloody Mary or two before breakfast every morning a few weeks ago on the ship, I love those things. 

• Like 2

Had a Bloody Mary or two before breakfast every morning a few weeks ago on the ship, I love those things. 

everything is better on a ship.   Bloody Mary before breakfast … cool.  Reminds me of my favorite uncle (long since passed away) taught me all those things that a person my age should NOT have known. Once he tells me how my other uncle (his older brother) kept a bottle of whiskey on his nightstand and did a double shot every morning before his feet hit the floor.  I thought he was giving me  good advice, so that night i put a bottle of Jack Daniels on my nightstand--did a double shot the next morning while still lying in bed.  That tradition lasted exactly one day. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

• Moderators
'tnr', on 05 Dec 2014 - 9:58 PM, said:

Lemon is the ticket as opposed to lime and a little worcestershire and celery salt.

I watched the bartender make them and he would switch lemon or limes, but always Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and Tabasco, sometimes olives other times celery stalks but he got the hang of leaving the hot sauce by me because I always asked for a little more.  For some reason they always used a smaller glass for Bm's ?

This was one version he made

post-9700-0-94160000-1417839980_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• Moderators
everything is better on a ship. Bloody Mary before breakfast … cool.

It is really good before breakfast, why not were not going anywhere and they were not about to let me drive !

We did something we have never done on a cruise, we bought the Cheers program, it's like a pay one price for drinks and your allowed up to 15 per day. It was great, I got to try about every drink they make, and they have a bunch of bars and each have different drinks. It was a pretty good deal, the cost was the same as if you had 4 drinks per day for 7 days.

Funny part is we really don't drink much at all at home, only on occasion......but we weren't home :D

Your right everything is better on a ship :)

• Like 2

we bought the Cheers program, it's like a pay one price for drinks and your allowed up to 15 per day.
 Elden, sorry to be the bearer of bad news … that wasn’t the Cheers program.  That was the Punish Your Liver program.

Saw a lady wearing a t-shirt that said, “Your liver is evil and it must be punished." 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was talking to a guy at the bar also waiting for a drink, he said don't think of the 15 drinks as a limit but as a challenge. :D  

I don't know if we will ever do it again but it was fun, I always wanted to try many of the different drinks but was way to cheap. I tried a crazy amount of frozen drinks mostly made with fruit as the main flavors and some were definitely really good enough to be repeated.  

Ok I am going outside to get in a hammock and listen to some music, Christy is watching tv so I can't listen in here. All this talk about drinks and I am 100% unbuzzed and have no music playing, I need to fix this.

:tongue:

• Like 4

olives
YES.  I’m a huge fan of the green olive.  

In a BM...always.  Been putting sliced green olives on pizzas more often then not, with some peroncinni's sliced tomatoes, etc...  Had one last night.  Thinking the leftovers may not make it until tomorrow.

• Like 1

According to our local newspaper, gas will be below $2 a gal by summers end.

I’m still paying $3.05 here in SoCal--more if i go to one of the big guys (Chevron, Mobil, Shell, etc…)

i should point out that is for Premium as that as what BMW claims i should use (although i don’t know if that is true. grease monkey at work told me that legally cars must run perfectly fine on the lowest octane). But, since i’m closer to a brain surgeon than a mechanic--i buy the expensive stuff.

Yeah, well my problem was/is, i was on day number three of adjusting the active crossover, when i had my visit from The Wacco Nam Vet, so i never got to dial in my current system at any kind of wattage, im thinkin New Years Day, fk them, im crankin it.

Just play the Star Spangled Banner...any of the 3 versions by Hendrix. The whole neighborhood should fall in line and to attention.

"Respect the classics, man."

• Like 4

Gents, have been reading this thread for a while . . . have been enjoying the posts with the built-in comraderie . . .

Sitting here in GA on the back porch (my morning ritual) having my fourth cup of Joe before the neighbors 28 dogs (actual count figure) wake up . . .

This is my first post in the thread.

Just wanted to thank you all for being a new addition to my morning rituals--reading your posts with my coffee.

• Like 7

Hey Rhetor....we've noticed you lurking and wondered when you were going to join us :)  Pull up a chair and shoot the breeze with us.  As you have probably noticed there are no "off topics" here and all comments appreciated :wacko:  Plus we hand out "likes" very freely. 

Going over to the mall for an old car show before the rain starts again.

Walking Jake at the park where a Christmas tree vendor had set up yesterday......Jake noticed the untied trees still lying on the ground and before I could stop him lifted up his leg and watered one.  Wonder who will end up with that tree?

LF is in England......saw Big Ben today.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 7

Morning Gang

River Rat hunt cancelled due to rain/wind, dam, loaded the truck ready to go.

Ground up straight Major Dickinsons Blend, tasting mighty fine W/Fresh bottle of the Duggans.

Wife has been asking what do i wish for xmas, a bigger coffee mug comes to mind, her search starts today.

Coffee, Tunes, clean the cave?

• Like 4

Rhetor, Welcome

Typos are forgiven here, coffee gives one the jitters, errant keys can be punched.

And so far i have not seen anything "Off Topic" Tarheel is a great Moderator.

Again welcome, please state coffee type you are consuming, im always lookin for a new brew :)

post-57941-0-33520000-1417876824_thumb.g

• Like 5

Back again, gang. Unexpectedly pulled into work duty yesterday by a client. Goal of full retirement keeps getting derailed, but hard to say 'no'. Been off the booze so long there's not much for me to share in that department ...except I had more than my share (a little play on words there). Not too clever either. Got into a rock 'n roll classics mode on the B last night ..... played Elvis, Carol King, Roy Orbison, doo-*** stuff, etc. Always fun to play. We even went to a DVD of Orbison's 1972 Australia concert to end the evening.

Tarheel - On Big Ben .... no reason to be jealous!! Later guys.

• Like 6