Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

No mast, no sail, no sale.

Rag bagger!

Stink potters rule!

I told the brother-in-law of my late wife that I would rather have a sail boat that a trawler. He said that would be too much work.

I remember that every time he has to put 300 gallons in the tank.

Bruce

• Like 5

No mast, no sail, no sale.

Rag bagger!

Stink potters rule!

I told the brother-in-law of my late wife that I would rather have a sail boat that a trawler. He said that would be too much work.

I remember that every time he has to put 300 gallons in the tank.

Bruce

I think of it as supporting the economy.

• Like 3

When you do retire there, think sunscreen for the first year, your going to need it probably more than anyone else on the island.

Yup, descended from fair haired Irish, I'll be using a lot of sunscreen.

We're doing a three week trip next Fall, to visit some places we want to settle. First off, not on the eastern side of any islands, because that's what catches the brunt of the typhoons, not too low an area to miss the flooding. Not too close to any of the more active volcanoes...  Close enough to a hospital but away from Manila (10 million plus...).

We're talkin' around 10-20 degrees latitude. Hot and humid!

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 4

Had a cup of Joe for breakfast for dinner, see Dtel your not the only one who has breakfast for dinner.

Just finished calling all the parents on the basketball team, my wife and I are coaching. These kids are in for a real treat. We have never coached anything before, plus I know barely anything about basketball.[emoji46] [emoji45]

• Like 6

32 degrees, sleet, rain and snow. Windshield wipers frozen to the glass. 1/2 of ice on the windows. Wet feet from slushy puddles.

Just another day in paradise.

Im not going to complain then except for the skeeters.

Cold, wet, damp and in between rain showers here.

• Like 4

Morning, morning, all.

On third cup of Seattle's Best . . .

Sold a mostly working 1927 Victor Victrola "Consolette" yesterday, nice piece but not a grey piece, out of the basement hoard.

The nice part? My wife lets me sell from the hoard and keep the cash for new or vintage audio gear--to try different stuff. A simple rule she has: nothing new comes in unless something old goes out. Prince I have much more than I need, it is turning into a good deal and keeping us off of an episode of hoarders!

Inspired, I am going back into the basement collection today to see what other tidbits I have no intention of using ever again to put on CL--yesterday's sale was a Christmas buy--a nice lady bought the Victor for her husband for Christmas and now a little more $ in my future audio purchases fund.

I call my new little turnover program: "recycled riches." But NO Klipsch speakers are leaving!

• Like 7

Good morning you homebrewers out there. Guessing they are in the bottle now continuing to make natural carbonation, in a cool, but not too cool place out of the light. Mr. Brewer uses a glass 6 gallon bottle for his brew in order to stretch it some. Our whole block in Tally was homebrew central. They would experiment on me, with their extra hopped, licorice, and other blends. The biggest takeaway was the strerility required for the whole process. Neighbor there used some empty sparkling, Champagne bottle for brewing. Worked really well. There is even a process for brewing in the keg. Went to a party back then near the college where there were several taps hooked to the keg.

Geting thirsty now. :emotion-44:

Rain in California! who would have thought... :smile:

• Like 4

LF is on her way back to the States.  Her taxi to the airport was a Mercedes!   She bought a lacy thong in a fancy lingerie shop and said it was for me.  I replied back "for me to wear or see it on you?"

Guitar practicing is going slow.  My fingers just don't cooperate with some of the chords :mellow: Especially the little finger. 

Had some good oysters and a few drinks Saturday night.  The cook alternated batches for those that like them wet or dry.  I ate both.

Jake needs a bath so that is on my list for this week.  I'm sure it's not on his list.  The challenge is to lift his lard a$$ into the tub (115 pounds).  Bought his Christmas lunch yesterday.....a pound of beef meant for stews which I will grill for the big day. He will just wolf it down in a few bites without chewing.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 7