Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That Clematis is lovely! Nan will want one, if she does not have now. ;)

Friend bought a Brinkman baby smoker(?) to replace another one for Memorial Day.

It has 2 covered compartments and uses wood/coal(?) We'll see if any good.

Not for babies...OT   ;)

It sounds like the one I purchased last fall.  I have had good results so far.  Either side can be used as a grill depending on how large a surface is needed.  It does seem to use a lot more fuel than the Brinkmann gourmet bullet style smoker and take more attention, but I'm still on the learning curve with it.  BTW, it is great for babies----baby back ribs that is.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Sand point is a type of well point.

I asked because I thought that was what you were talking about, a neighbor did this years ago and tried to talk me into it but I was chicken. Paid someone to drill it 375" and the water has no smell or taste.

I don't know if it would help but these post drivers work very well for T post, it may be better than a sledge hammer ?  What about a rental store, they had gas and air powered drivers :o  :)  

post-9700-0-54300000-1431972898.jpg

• Like 6

I asked because I thought that was what you were talking about, a neighbor did this years ago and tried to talk me into it but I was chicken. Paid someone to drill it 375" and the water has no smell or taste.

I don't know if it would help but these post drivers work very well for T post, it may be better than a sledge hammer ?  What about a rental store, they had gas and air powered drivers :o  :)  

I would NOT know how to use one of these unless in comes w/ Manual, and that would be the Person Manual, not the book :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Good Monday Agternoon Gang

Just back in from my farm visit, shot the new SubPanel to the waal in the Barn shop. Day Over.

Projected next visit, Tuesday for Conduit run, well that was projected, because i told these farmers about this Killer Klipsch Deal on the Bay, they ask, so whem are you gettin them ?

I pondered that statement, like i did with coffee and the wife this morning.

Just submitted my offer we shall see.

The wife said if i dont, i will be kickin myself for the next year, because she knows these are the ones i wanted before buying the EAWs.

These are just too dam hard to find, cannot let this deal go by.

• Like 6

I thought about trying one of those.  Another Idea is this.

• Like 5

• Moderators
I would NOT know how to use one of these unless in comes w/ Manual, and that would be the Person Manual, not the book

Don't blame you but they work great on T post, But I would rather have something with a motor.

• Like 6

Good morning coffee gang.... :emotion-44:

Chuck AB, thanks for the compliments, hope you are taking photos of your trips across the pond and especially of the organs  :emotion-21:

Ok, watched that youTube, bet that takes a long time, and NO ear protection!, my ears are ringing just watching that :wink: !

Mark, Eastern Acoustic Works, built right here in my own state!, factory is a little over an hours drive from my home.   We used their products in our touring audio system back in the 80ies.  Great products and build quality too !   Here is the home page should anyone want to take a look...

http://eaw.com/

Enjoy your day my friends........... :emotion-44:

..........Gary :emotion-29:

• Like 7

Morning guys....

Did not get a chance to post yesterday......

Working on the 1st cup and getting ready to walk the grandkids out to the bus stop.....

No shop today.....Closed for the day.....it's my youngest daughters birthday today. "21" today, So me and the wife are going to hang out with her all day.....alittle party later today, then we are all going out to dinner to the "Honey Pig".....it's a authentic Korean BarBQ....man it's the bomb.

The deck & new grill....will get some pics today for you guys......

The well thing.....we had to get a new well several years ago.....what a pain....

One week our water started coming out slow.....like no pressure....this lasted a few days....then the water was getting cloudy.

I had no clue what was going on. Someone told me...oh your well is going dry.....what the %#&$.....

We talked to the guy down the street....he is an "old" well driller. Been doing it longer than I've been alive. He told me he did my well when my house was 1st built back in the 70's.....He said he did 90% of all the wells in the county we lived in.

He shook my hand and said "I'll have a drill rig in your back yard tomorrow". He said we would hit water at about 150 feet and this would cost me about $7000.

The 7K would cover pulling permits, set-up, drilling, all the pipes, new well pump, hooking up the new well to the house and the filling in of the old well.

"Well" what was I to do? Two days later and a new 175' hole in my back yard we had water.....oh yea....gotta have your water!!

OK guys I'll check in later....I'll try to get those pics....wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Good morning coffee gang.... :emotion-44:

Chuck AB, thanks for the compliments, hope you are taking photos of your trips across the pond and especially of the organs  :emotion-21:

Ok, watched that youTube, bet that takes a long time, and NO ear protection!, my ears are ringing just watching that :wink: !

Mark, Eastern Acoustic Works, built right here in my own state!, factory is a little over an hours drive from my home.   We used their products in our touring audio system back in the 80ies.  Great products and build quality too !   Here is the home page should anyone want to take a look...

http://eaw.com/

Enjoy your day my friends........... :emotion-44:

..........Gary :emotion-29:

EAW's speakers are made in Italy, woodwork/Assy is done here got to know two techs there pretty good in the last year.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

The Best offer on the bay was just a tad late, kid finely contacted me two hours after removing sale from the Bay, he stated he wish he had read ALL of the "Best Offers" before closing the Auction. mine was the highest @$1900 on the Bay and a $100 cashif he helps me load them.  DUH! :angry:  

Wife simply tells me next time jump when you see a deal :o

Farmland electrical, get Barn panel/conduit/wire pulled.

Time for second cup off and running.

• Like 8

Fence posts with no concrete.  What a crappy job.  I wouldn't let them in my back yard.  Fast?  Check.  Cheap?  Check.  Last more than a year without looking like crap?  Ummmmmmm????

Yes I prefer concrete as well, I wouldn't use this for fence post but to run my well pipe sure why not. There are advantages and disadvantages to using power tools to run a sand point.  Time and energy are a couple, Some times you end up damaging your couplers when you use power tools.  I might just try the fence post driver that Dtel posted as I have seen some use them before.  So far I am 8' down, and may only have to go another 5-10 feet.  There is another method using a 1/2" drill and a water attachment.  The water acts as a boring aid when sprayed down the middle.  More tools I don't have and don't feel the need to purchase. 

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 6

• Moderators
There is another method using a 1/2" drill and a water attachment. The water acts as a boring aid when sprayed down the middle.

That's closer to how they drill wells here, it's a drill tip but it also pumps a little water down the pipe at the same time.

What is you could find a cap, like the one your hitting but with a 1/2" threaded hole to put something to connect a hose, let the water washout the bottom of the hole. Problem is you would have no where to hit it down.

• Like 4

There is another method using a 1/2" drill and a water attachment. The water acts as a boring aid when sprayed down the middle.

That's closer to how they drill wells here, it's a drill tip but it also pumps a little water down the pipe at the same time.

What is you could find a cap, like the one your hitting but with a 1/2" threaded hole to put something to connect a hose, let the water washout the bottom of the hole. Problem is you would have no where to hit it down.

No but how about the same idea but with a nipple and come in from the side. The only bad part about this, is the whole reason I am running a well is no water[emoji16]
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Well I was setting here earlier reading drinking coffee and the daughter walks in with boiled crawfish, so it was crawfish with boiled sausage for breakfast, then a banana. :unsure:  Now it's more coffee while I wait for the wife to get back with a part for the pump up sprayer, the tip broke off when I went to spray some weeds. Summer is coming, thermometer says it's 85 right now.

• Like 4