Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang.....

Yea oldtimer....it is chilly now....was ok this afternoon, was working with the bay door open. The days working with the door open is coming to a end.

Was a good day today....good job on a CRV.....had some good tunes pumping out....just one of those days were things went right.....

You know what that means.....a shitt day is coming.....lol lol

Check-in tomorrow.....a good night to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Yeah just had one of those. There was supposedly a delivery at the house 12 hours (essentially overnight) before I got home but it is nowhere to be found.

I get that crapp with some of my parts orders. My orders are placed priority/overnight, but UPS has my shop listed a residential address and they will not change it.

My wife can track the shipping from my supplier....if I need the parts in the AM...she will go out and hunt the UPS truck down. Over the years a few of the drivers have given us there cell number and we can call them to see were they are.

It is what it is sometimes...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

I see that AB InBev acquired SABMiller.  Seems somewhat incestuous also involving Coors and Molson.  Apparently people like yours truly who drink one or, at most, two craft beers at a sitting, rather than many Buds like the old days, have cut into beer sales in US.  The article I read said that China accounts for 25% of the world's beer consumption, so the market focus is shifting east.

Perhaps this afternoon I'll down one of the Leinenkugel's (owned by SABMiller) Oktoberfests I purchased for guests who don't enjoy craft brews.  That's as close as I can get to a Bud or Miller Lite.

Have a great day. 

post-6832-0-77900000-1447338629_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

So UPS is what happened to Carl's toaster ... not surprising. All this toaster talk is making me hungry.

Temps seem to be trending up a bit on our side of the continental divide and we should be rid of our snow in the next day or so. Meantime, Baxter is having a blast and we are back into foot drying mode when he comes in.

This will be a good day to play some tunes and 'tune-up- for a jam tomorrow.

Cheers.

• Like 4

coffee from 7-11 is tasting horrible.  traffic was worse. roads within our facility being repaved, so that screws up parking. blew out a tire yesterday; but, thank God i was only 20 minutes from my nephews tire shop, so i got a new tire at a great discount.  The place was jam packed and he takes my car right in...i don't know if any customers noticed; but, if they did they didn't say anything.  Then my credit union declined my bank card because "i was out of town."  I guess they haven't heard that we're allowed to travel these days.  Twice this has happened to me, i appreciate their security; but, i think that is a bit ridiculous. I was only 100 miles from home--if the charges were from the other side of the globe, ok question those; but, can't some common sense come into play here. 100 miles away isn't that far.  Last summer they did the same thing to me on my trip up to Northern California.  I was about 200 miles from home, stopped to eat, and my card was declined.  Have to spend time on the phone trying to get them to approve the charges and not to do it again. I told them, "I'm out of town and going to be using this card a lot. please allow it." it's my credit union--said i will change; but, a co-worker told me that most banks do the same thing now days.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Thursday eh? had to check ;)

36 and i believe another 50 degree day, foot heater engaged.

First cup tasting great as it's cooling off fast, 55 in-da-cave.

Nothing planned except shipping out a fourm members VU meter(s).

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160259-xmas-treat-teac-vu-meters-2/

Speaking of R to Rs, posted a 4track Teac found on the CL surfin binge yesterday as well as a bad azz Mac.

One of my impending bench top projects is a rebuild on my old Lab Grade power supply 0 to 30V, 20Amp Dc that iv had and used since 1965, yeah, it's old, big, heavy, and can start a car. will post before, during, after pics on this bad boy.

Im thinkin, Bagel and a Nap sounds pretty good, one more cup :emotion-21::emotion-44: :emotion-44: .........

post-57941-0-85580000-1447347356_thumb.j

• Like 7

Afternoon Y'all

Not much happening here today, Trying to get health ins straightened out What a load of crap.  I Digress

speaking of UPS I am waiting on them today myself,  Many times I have been the lucky recipient of   :pwk_bs: tracking info scanned in to the system  due to a driver not wishing to go this far outta his / her way.  ("attempted delivery no one available")  :emotion-14:  :mad: ,  Call Hey AzzHole we have been here all day this is  :pwk_bs: .......................Typical response "we are sorry sir, we will attempt delivery again tomorrow"  AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Later  :smile:

• Like 6

coffee from 7-11 is tasting horrible.  traffic was worse. roads within our facility being repaved, so that screws up parking. blew out a tire yesterday; but, thank God i was only 20 minutes from my nephews tire shop, so i got a new tire at a great discount.  The place was jam packed and he takes my car right in...i don't know if any customers noticed; but, if they did they didn't say anything.  Then my credit union declined my bank card because "i was out of town."  I guess they haven't heard that we're allowed to travel these days.  Twice this has happened to me, i appreciate their security; but, i think that is a bit ridiculous. I was only 100 miles from home--if the charges were from the other side of the globe, ok question those; but, can't some common sense come into play here. 100 miles away isn't that far.  Last summer they did the same thing to me on my trip up to Northern California.  I was about 200 miles from home, stopped to eat, and my card was declined.  Have to spend time on the phone trying to get them to approve the charges and not to do it again. I told them, "I'm out of town and going to be using this card a lot. please allow it." it's my credit union--said i will change; but, a co-worker told me that most banks do the same thing now days.

When the wife and i made our McM fetchin run to St Louis in june, we got as far as Nebraska, wellsfargo called and ask where we were, i told them "Traveling", again they ask where we were, i then told them i did not know what state i was in forsure, they said unless i could identify where i was wile talking to them they were shutting down the ATM debit card, planning on using "The Card" at the Pub we were in, i yelled out, hey! (What state are we in?) Someone yelled Cornhusker! wells fargo hung up on me! :o

They then called the wifes phone and ask the same, by then we had the "Correct Anser" :o

Id rather have them call before they wack the card, at least they appear to be on top of things.

Note to self: let the bank know when we travel....... 

• Like 7

So i was just walking through the office ... not a soul here but me.  I wonder if I'm supposed to be somewhere else right now?

Are you sure you are not still in bed Dreaming, or in some otherwise hallucinogenic state of mind ? :D  

sadly ... no.   Out of here at 2 today and don't return until the 23rd.  business trip. I need to seriously start setting a date for quitting this gig.  There are no promotions to be had and i'm maxed out on the payscale--so i just get more work with no additional compensation.  

sitting in a meeting yesterday, i suggested something...no response. Then the higher ups start looking into whether something is feasible--it was, and it was the very thing i suggested. My boss hits me in the arm and nods his head as if saying "you were right."  I finally just told everyone, "whenever you hear a good idea, remember that i thought of it five minutes before that." 

• Like 6

Good Afternoon Gang

Shipping and Libations, good combo.

HotDog man was set up outside the Pub today, Dam fine dog(s).

He ask $3Bucks for a Dog, spicey same price, i give him $5 because it's quality Beef.

One more day worker Bees.

Time to "Weigh Anchor" as in Beer......... :emotion-21::emotion-22:

• Like 8

Evening Gang

or morning gang for most of you.

In that case, welcome to Friday the 13th.

Double foot heaters going and it's 38 outside, im sure digging into this Haagen-Daz is NOT helping.

Wife and i cannot decide on turkey day coming up, we have a turkey ready to die at this time, however we get invited to the Farm(s) every year also, done that and it's great, the Atlantis in Reno has Chef(s) make their spread, and im kind of thinking of that also.

post-57941-0-65100000-1447397638_thumb.p

• Like 6