Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Paul Carmody's Voxel sub.

Small ported sub?  Does it use the same TB driver?

Yes Carl, it's ported, and yes it's small. :-)).  It uses: http://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w5-1138smf-5-1-4-paper-cone-subwoofer-speaker--264-917  That little sub is amazing for its size.  The Voxel's driver is shown in the photo.  The TB Neo 6.5 is already sealed inside the TH.  The Voxel plugs a PE SA70 plate amp (http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa70-70w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-784) in the rectangular hole.

The TH is the first I made without the flat pack.  I had to build it after I "won" this http://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w6-1139si-6-1-2-subwoofer--264-832 on eBay.  It will go to my younger son.  I'll keep the other four.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Speaking of sunshine, a few thousand more of these and I can power a chip amp.

It would probably work great as a trickle charger for a battery ?

As long as it's not covered in snow :o  "Not many days as nice as this left in Michigan."  Don't know how you can deal with that many days of cold ? :blink: 

​I like cold, but what people in the South call cold is NOT even close to Michigan's cold weather.  :(  When i can't wear shorts it's cold.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

When it's cold, you dress for it.  What I can't stand is way too hot.  Once you're all but naked and still sweating, what's left?

I can't wear shorts, but it's due to public demand, not the temperature.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

• Moderators

Crap excluding dress pants I only have 3 pairs of long paints (jeans). 

Hot is something we have no shortage of, and yes you will still sweat even naked, in the shade with a fan blowing on you.  (not a pretty sight in most cases)

But you can freeze to death, and we can die from heat exhaustion.

To me the biggest problem would be being very limited to what you can do outside in the winter which last a few months longer than here.     

• Like 6

One will go to a nephew to mate with the Mini-Karlsonators (see: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/239338-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds.html) I made for him.  

I made a second, that is still looking for a home.  When I went to the PE site to get the link, I noticed the SA70 is on SALE, so, naturally I bought one.  That's what I get for missing a meeting.

I'll donate the second one to the AK Christmas auction to benefit veterans.

I can't get the attached photo to sit up straight.  Reminds me of my son when he was a teenager.

post-6832-0-62300000-1446933474_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-98300000-1446933717_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

Looking for property here in the Philippines... gets really hot here but we looked at a place last week, about 9 degrees N. Lat. Very cool when a breeze was blowing. About 6 miles inland and 800ft above sea level.

We fell in love with the place. Right now, 6:30am and 79 defrees, humidity is probably higher.

Bruce

Edit: fairly safe from typhoons, volcano activity and tectonic plate movements... been trying to research everything. Elecric bills are low due to a huge geothermal power station and water is free.

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 9

Looking for property here in the Philippines... gets really hot here but we looked at a place last week, about 9 degrees N. Lat. Very cool when a breeze was blowing. About 6 miles inland and 800ft above sea level.

We fell in love with the place. Right now, 6:30am and 79 defrees, humidity is probably higher.

Bruce

Edit: fairly safe from typhoons, volcano activity and tectonic plate movements... been trying to research everything. Elecric bills are low due to a huge geothermal power station and water is free.

Bruce,

That'll be a nasty commute to Georgia.  Otherwise, sounds like a grand plan.

• Like 7

Good Saturday evening my friends.... Went through 3 pages to catch up.... So much going on..... Saddened to hear of an ailing pet, happy for Carl's B'Day and all else going on..

Worked on blowing out my gutters again today been only a couple weeks since the last blowout. DONE! Then, wanted to power wash the summer's spider webs etc. off the front of the house...along with windows and such..DONE!

Now, relaxing with some wine and a vintage Herb Alpert LP I bought recently and sealed off the 'bay'....

Enjoy your evening everyone......image_98.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

Hey duder1982-

Do you spin vinyl? If Nebraska beats MSU, I'll send you a liter of record cleaner. Search "B'Jesus . . ." Dave Mallete's thread. I'd add a link, but I don't know how to do that on this iPad.

GO GREEN!

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Mark, funny you say coar hanger. This is what i built for $7.00 and 4 coat hangers. I get 20 channels, defining all of what was said over at AVS, its even in the basement.

1b1a1d5ec0886c93ba6299c95e8bc1a6.jpg

I was looking at one of the ones you posted but for attice mounting (which i believe are the same). I just thought i would try the bear minimal to make sure i wasn't wasting time or money.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hey Duder,

What is the length of the Vs and the spacing between them.  I want to try that. 

• Like 7

This is more often what I find

Your ENTIRE family must be aware and comfortable with adopting a bulldog prior to submitting an application.

*Not all of our bullies may be a "fit" for your family based on health and social issues.  Bullies 2 the Rescue will determine who is the best fit for your family.

*Completing an application does not mean you are automatically approved to adopt or foster.

*Adoption fee are as follows: Over 2 years old $600 and Under 2 years $800.

*There is a $10 application fee which will go towards our foster dogs' medical needs.

*Adoption fees are non-negotiable.*

Note the prices to Adopt / Rescue a dog

I'm partial to Brittanies.  The 2 Brittany rescues are the same way.  I bought my last pure bred Brittany for half of what they want for an adoption, plus THEY will visit your home before and any time they want after you adopt to see if you are a good "pet parent".  NO. 

• Like 4

duder1982-

Great game. Do you want the goop?

I was just getting on to post.  That was a heck of a game, I don't know what goop is.

I read your last post, sure, I can you a good vinyl cleaner, but don't worry about it as we never really made the bet, we'll call it a gentleman's bet.   I did google goop and came up with this.

http://goop.com/

So if you have Gwen Paltrow, I will take her. 

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 5

Mark, funny you say coar hanger. This is what i built for $7.00 and 4 coat hangers. I get 20 channels, defining all of what was said over at AVS, its even in the basement.

I was looking at one of the ones you posted but for attice mounting (which i believe are the same). I just thought i would try the bear minimal to make sure i wasn't wasting time or money.

Hey Duder,

Funny you ask, I posted this over on the AVS forum and was told I built it wrong.  On mine, the Vs are 7" long and the spacing is 3",  The parts where they are attached are 5" and start 2" from the top. 

Db4-Antenna-Complete.jpg

When I searched for a DB4 design I was getting different variations of it, here is what I believe it is suppose to be based off of what I was directed towards.

http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/multibay/4bay/cm4221;jsessionid=g567domsb3.camel_s

• Like 4

Hey Duder,

Funny you ask, I posted this over on the AVS forum and was told I built it wrong.  On mine, the Vs are 7" long and the spacing is 3",  The parts where they are attached are 5" and start 2" from the top. 

Db4-Antenna-Complete.jpg

When I searched for a DB4 design I was getting different variations of it, here is what I believe it is suppose to be based off of what I was directed towards.

http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/multibay/4bay/cm4221;jsessionid=g567domsb3.camel_s

Im sure it works, and works well.

Iv always been an antenna nut since age 10, likely a hundred antennas to date, iv built as many as iv bought over the years.

Right now up on the house is the one single "OvenRack" i put up about 5 years ago, i think this winter when i playing with Freq goodies i will double up on the Array, that would make it just about Max as far as signal goes.

and may even throw on a rotor for the hell of it.

This link is what i have in mind:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/ANTENNAS-DIRECT-DB8-/30-2067

• Like 6

Good late evening (or morning)

Just got back from a day on the farm.

BBq, drinkin, shootin, blowing chit up, i should make a video of some of these farmers "Fun".

Thinking about how good a cup of coffee/Duggans would be right about now.

Had to take a Nap on the farm at 7pm, waaay to wasted to navigate.

Yep light coffee, must have..... :emotion-21::emotion-44:

post-57941-0-52740000-1446970246_thumb.j

• Like 6

Good sunday Morn gang, 5 hrs sleep.

Was reminded yesterday in farmland, one of the good ole boys got the Barn a xmas present.

200 Gal compressor, and built w/old school piston(s).

So iv loaded up my 6/3 stranded for a 20' run. 220/221 whatever it takes.

Off for Breakfast Burrito and Turkey Club, happy sunday :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-04660000-1446996384_thumb.j

• Like 7