Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Thanks Neil.  For some reason it didn't show up on the main page yesterday like it normally does.  Maybe a moderator thing, I don't know.

Yes, HB old man.

That is a very original cake, some might have a problem with it but it is cool.  :emotion-21:

• Like 8

• Moderators

I just saw where minermark is winning this thread with 1869 posts, followed by dtel's 1491.

I had no idea, I don't know how you got to that but it's no wonder you a moderator,  :emotion-21:  me not so much, I think they felt sorry for me? Or it's one of those quota things, let's give it to him so it don't look like we only picked people who deserved it and pay attention !      :wink:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

I had no idea, I don't know how you got to that but it's no wonder you a moderator

I found it by accident.  If you go to the main page where you see all the threads, you can click on the "replies" (where it shows the total number of replies to a particular thread) and a box pops up with members and posts within the thread.

I was going to tell you I started on page one and counted all the replies :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Dave, sad to hear about your pooch. We lost our little Shih Tzu a little over a year ago and I still miss her a lot. The silver lining was that it allowed us to find Baxter through the Springer Spaniel rescue organization and give a homeless guy a home. Take care.

Chuck

• Like 7

Good afternoon gang

Quite day on the farm, everyone was out hunting, something, don't know what.

One of their women told me take up one of the dusters, you will find-em.

I told her, yeah they would find me first, they are out on a nearby farm and would not bat an eye poping off at me, i know, been there done that.

Do not wish to interupt thier huntin day.

I believe a Nap is order, my Friday is over :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-67620000-1446841781_thumb.j

• Like 7

Good late afternoon gang

Up from Nap buggin the wife for dinner.

Halloween snickers and AnchoSteam beer aint going to cut it,

Alright, wife chimes in w/chineese, im good with that.

Im going for my Snickers and an IPA, such as life

Everyone have a good safe weekend :emotion-21::emotion-22:

post-57941-0-92980000-1446855721_thumb.j

• Like 7

Nippy Good Morning Gang

41, long johns are on for the next few months.

So i wake up to an email from an audio forum moderator on the FB, chewing on me for posting an update on my McM project, i have a lot followers, this guy ask if these are :Vintage:?

Well 30 years as well as the EAWs, so i ask him does everything posted here need to be as old as him? public page statment.

Then i banned the group.

In other news, my foot heater is now running.

Swapmeet CornDog(s) could happen, lets see if the wife will endure the wind chill.

Iv been informed the farmers came in with, Geese, Duck,Turkey, Dove and 23 squrilles, They attack walnuts so it's pretty much open season year round on Squrilles.

I just know if i go out there, they will say take whatever you want....Hummm, maybe a duck.

The Duggans enhanced fresh ground starbucks breakfast beans, are tastey this morning.

post-57941-0-14500000-1446909622_thumb.j

• Like 10

Good Saturday morning gang, its been a while since I have posted here.  I didn't want you folks to think I have forgotten about you.  I tried to read when I can.  Sounds like all is doing good, except for Ward's house issues  and Dave's dog.  Dave I have only had to put dogs down as a child, though it was hard I feel when I have to put down my family's dogs and or pets it will be even harder.   Seems the rest of you have been up to your normal projects and what not.  Mark, your landscaping photo reminds me of a time a bunch of girls got back at my brother.  By using mustard and Ketchup to draw the same design all over his car.  Lets just say the lesbians living across the street didn't find it funny.

Weather has been back and forth here, for some its great for allergies and sinuses its not.  Breakfast was Mark's favorite Belgium waffles, along with sausage links. Coffee has been ok, but plentiful.  I purchased a two pound bag of Pears French roast from Sam's.  Pears is made here in Omaha, its ok but kind of weak.  It will get me by, I am hoping they build a Costco near by soon so I can venture there and try their coffee, whiskey, and vodka.

I recently built a HDTV antenna, I am hoping to eventually cut cable.  I was looking at HDHomerun Prime, which I will connect the antenna to and it will allow me to stream local tv to all devices that can have apps.  Then will pick up a NVIDIA Shield to stream the app, along with Sling Television; which will get me ESPN, AMC, and eventually BTN.  I will only be saving $15.00 a month, but will be getting ESPN, and the BTN.  Which I currently don't have. 

• Like 10

Good Saturday morning gang, its been a while since I have posted here.  I didn't want you folks to think I have forgotten about you.  I tried to read when I can.  Sounds like all is doing good, except for Ward's house issues  and Dave's dog.  Dave I have only had to put dogs down as a child, though it was hard I feel when I have to put down my family's dogs and or pets it will be even harder.   Seems the rest of you have been up to your normal projects and what not.  Mark, your landscaping photo reminds me of a time a bunch of girls got back at my brother.  By using mustard and Ketchup to draw the same design all over his car.  Lets just say the lesbians living across the street didn't find it funny.

Weather has been back and forth here, for some its great for allergies and sinuses its not.  Breakfast was Mark's favorite Belgium waffles, along with sausage links. Coffee has been ok, but plentiful.  I purchased a two pound bag of Pears French roast from Sam's.  Pears is made here in Omaha, its ok but kind of weak.  It will get me by, I am hoping they build a Costco near by soon so I can venture there and try their coffee, whiskey, and vodka.

I recently built a HDTV antenna, I am hoping to eventually cut cable.  I was looking at HDHomerun Prime, which I will connect the antenna to and it will allow me to stream local tv to all devices that can have apps.  Then will pick up a NVIDIA Shield to stream the app, along with Sling Television; which will get me ESPN, AMC, and eventually BTN.  I will only be saving $15.00 a month, but will be getting ESPN, and the BTN.  Which I currently don't have. 

This is what i have been running for the last 5 years, "UHF Bowtie" the bigger the better and you only buy it once.

HD is standard reception and you could get it with a coat hanger if you really wanted to.

This is a Channelmaster, great design and i can pullin stations from Frisco at night, "85" miles west.

27 stations are normal, 40 if i spoke spanish. but FREE, and that is what counts.

Anyone in America can do this.

post-57941-0-44860000-1446910456_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9

Mornin' guys and Happy Saturday. This will be the first Saturday in while that I don't have major yardwork/clean up to do except maybe a little mulching. Our yard is not huge but has many beds with tons of great perennials, all of which need cutting back in the fall. Major PITA but worth it in spring and summer.

Mark ... the 'landscapping' is a riot. Would love to see the reaction to that in PC Denver. (Note ...we only got PC in the last decade or so with population growth from other parts of the country).

Cheers folks. Enjoy the day.

• Like 9