Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I read alot about the rescue dogs, I just cant seem to find them....................I would love another Bulldog we had an English Bulldog when the boys were born (Chopper) I had to give him to my dad He was a true bulldog, not one ounce of ease about him if he wanted to go someplace he went straight there without hesitation or deviation 

Jacob was a bit sickly and Chopper was not a match for infants at 50ish pounds if he landed on the boys it would not be great, I worked 14 to 16 hours a day and the wife with 2 infants and Chopper was not happening

Sadly Chopper died a couple years back

So as the boys are older now if I had the opportunity to rescue a Bullie I would be all in  :D

• Like 7

This is more often what I find

Your ENTIRE family must be aware and comfortable with adopting a bulldog prior to submitting an application.
*Not all of our bullies may be a "fit" for your family based on health and social issues.  Bullies 2 the Rescue will determine who is the best fit for your family.
*Completing an application does not mean you are automatically approved to adopt or foster.
*Adoption fee are as follows: Over 2 years old $600 and Under 2 years $800.
*There is a $10 application fee which will go towards our foster dogs' medical needs.
*Adoption fees are non-negotiable.*

Note the prices to Adopt / Rescue a dog

• Like 5

• Moderators
Okay I would be remiss to not take advantage of this opportunity to ask each of you if you're considering a pet....consider a rescue dog.  Save a life...or two.

Jake's right, there are to many good dogs out there looking for homes already.

We have two, only one from a shelter. My daughter is a hospice nurse and lost a patient who had a little dog and no family, so instead of her dog going to a shelter she took it, and it ended up with us. Both our dogs are good dogs, a min-pin and a Chihuahua which does not act like a Chihuahua at all, I guess because it was raised by an old lady ?  

They drive me crazy, and they have both trained me to supply treats regularly.

• Like 9

Okay I would be remiss to not take advantage of this opportunity to ask each of you if you're considering a pet....consider a rescue dog.  Save a life...or two.

Jake's right, there are to many good dogs out there looking for homes already.

We have two, only one from a shelter. My daughter is a hospice nurse and lost a patient who had a little dog and no family, so instead of her dog going to a shelter she took it, and it ended up with us. Both our dogs are good dogs, a min-pin and a Chihuahua which does not act like a Chihuahua at all, I guess because it was raised by an old lady ?  

They drive me crazy, and they have both trained me to supply treats regularly.

Well Jakes say to tell them to chill.....

post-17365-0-22460000-1446667860_thumb.j

• Like 8

Mark, but they warn us when stormaggedon is about to wash us away.  :D

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!

i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north.

Everyone i grew up with is dead.

For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.

OK MinerMark and BigStew

Please explain to this Midwestern boy the OC lifestyle. Orange County right?

I've travelled there for business many times, never an issue. What is this lifestyle you refer?

• Like 4

No need to explain this other than it won't kill you like Blue Bunny and they don't export to Canada:

tillamookgroup.jpg

Is that Blue Bunny or Blue Bell..........................Listeria last I heard was Blue Bell,  Pizzed me off to as we had recently discovered Blue Bell after moving to NC, next thing we know none on the shelves, Then the news of all the recalls here......It is still not back on  the shelf 

• Like 3

No need to explain this other than it won't kill you like Blue Bunny and they don't export to Canada:

tillamookgroup.jpg

Is that Blue Bunny or Blue Bell..........................Listeria last I heard was Blue Bell,  Pizzed me off to as we had recently discovered Blue Bell after moving to NC, next thing we know none on the shelves, Then the news of all the recalls here......It is still not back on  the shelf 

I just heard the 'blue' in the name and added it to the list of factory made ice cream I won't eat. The chicken sandwich at a local MacDonalds is to blame for this. I ate their chicken sandwich  just once when I was young and stupid and found myself so sick at work the next morning with campilobacter that ended with 10 days in hospital that I resolved never to eat fast food or other chicken that I didn't actually cook myself. Since then I've added the Death in the Box chain, and any other chain that prides themselves on cooking large hamburgers as fast food.

Just a couple of years back, I added shredded lettuce to my list of no-no's and I suspect the recent outbreak of E.coli 026 illness at a chain down here called Chipolte is indicative of an issue with centrally sourced lettuce or some other pre-processed vegetable. I really hope the E.coli 026 strain that showed up in Germany a few years ago never makes it across the Atlantic but it is only a matter of time before it does.

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 6

5000 POSTS  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Watch out Mark I am coming to  :pwk_bs:

You can expect to receive your secret decoder ring and the key to the Executive Head in the mail. Just remember to flush twice after using the toilet there as anyone whose posted more than 4,999 times here is laying it out kind of thick  :)

• Like 7

Mark, but they warn us when stormaggedon is about to wash us away.  :D

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!
i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north.

Everyone i grew up with is dead.

For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.

OK MinerMark and BigStew

Please explain to this Midwestern boy the OC lifestyle. Orange County right?

I've travelled there for business many times, never an issue. What is this lifestyle you refer?

One's personal demise living the OC lifestyle start's with many things, most sneak up on you wile doing well, none you are ready for, and they could be considered "Shape Shifters". Out for one thing, themselfs.

• Like 7

5000 POSTS  :emotion-19:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Watch out Mark I am coming to  :pwk_bs:

You can expect to receive your secret decoder ring and the key to the Executive Head in the mail. Just remember to flush twice after using the toilet there as anyone whose posted more than 4,999 times here is laying it out kind of thick  :)

Now I doubt there has ever been a more true statement made on these forums  :D   Glad I was not drinking anything, I fear a screen clean would have been in order

• Like 4

A pleasant evening to one and all.

My beer snob son might be impressed with my purchase of Brother Benjamin Imperial IPA.  The label warns, "Prepare to be mystified."  At these prices, I'll either be mystified by the quality or mystified why I bought the stuff.  The prices almost make me feel like I'm at Comerica Park watching the Tigers.  Almost, because $14.59 for four works out to $3.65 each which is less than half the $8.00 the Tigers charge for a Bud Lite.

Greenbush is a Michigan craft brewer.  I like to sample the local products.

EDIT

My son just informed me that an Imperial IPA is ~10% alcohol, so like 2 regular beers.  No operating heavy machinery tonight.

post-6832-0-43100000-1446681966_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6