Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Fjd, so good that you're on the right side of the grass and suckin' air!! We live in a relatively 'young' metro area and I can't believe the sheer numbers of rude, selfish and inconsiderate drivers, mostly under-30 or 35. And ...unlike the dark ages when I grew up .... many are female.

Interesting comments on the Yellow Pages. There was a time most of us couldn't get by without 'em, and it really wasn't that long ago. Killed off by the net. I believe all the former Baby Bells (which are mostly owned by AT&T) have sold off their Yellow Page operations to smaller operators. Guess there's still a profit margin if run by smaller player.

See ya soon............

• Like 6

Turns out the wife is more cunning than previously believed.  I've been waiting to get my hands on my Wiener  .  .  . wait . . .  that doesn't sound quite right.  

The Wiener is a TDA3118 board designed by gmarsh on the diyAudio forum. I participated in a group buy.  See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/276508-wiener-group-buy-2-stereo-pbtl-editions-available.html

Well, the much anticipated amp finally arrived from Nova Scotia a few days ago,  Before I could lay eyes on it, SWMBO squirreled it away to wrap as a birthday present next week,  BTW, I find myself listening to more rap lately . . . mostly at intersections, but I digress.

Two can play at this game.  Today Amazon delivered a 5 speed 8" drill press.  Now I will be able to drill nice clean holes in the aluminum enclosure to house the Wiener, so as not to frighten ladies and small children.  Before my better half laid eyes on it, it was unboxed and on the bench.  The box will come in handy when I sell off one of my surplus Technics SL1500 turntables.  

It's always great to have an excuse to get a new tool.  I'm referring to the drill press.  Especially when it can be legitimately characterized as a business expense.  I'm sure the IRS will find the de minimis personal use to drill a few holes in some aluminum to be acceptable.

Now it's time to relax with an Odd Side Ales Bean Flicker Blonde Ale With Coffee.

Enjoy the evening.

post-6832-0-24800000-1446592933_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

• Moderators
Turns out the wife is more cunning than previously believed.  I've been waiting to get my hands on my Wiener  .  .  . wait . . .  that doesn't sound quite right.

And all this time i have trying to get the wife to do that :blink: 

But that is a nice looking Wiener, I have never been brave enough to try anything like the wiener before, i would probably mess up and fry it.  

• Like 6

• Moderators
The printers can still make money as long as advertisers are willing to pay and I've heard rumor that college kids are using them for furniture. 

True, that sofa is not very comfortable but would last forever, and the kids can jump on it.  

• Like 5

His car didn't do so well.

That looks like a MB commercial….awesome vehicles.

I gave the dealership some 8x10 photos to show at their weekly sales meeting. The car justified it's cost in that one split moment in time. She won't drive anything else. 

• Like 8

• Moderators

I hate to sound terrible about this, I don't want to see anyone hurt but this is very very strange, since we were talking about accidents.

http://news.yahoo.com/family-ejected-driver-sacrificed-lamb-205900021.html

"The family of a Los Angeles driver who was killed when he crashed his car and was ejected 20 feet in the air into a freeway sign had only days before performed an animal sacrifice they hoped would protect the 20-year-old from harm.

Richard Pananian died on Friday when he was tossed from his small Ford after crashing into another vehicle while driving at what California Highway Patrol called a high rate of speed. His body was found on an interstate sign above the wreckage."

• Like 3

I hate to sound terrible about this, I don't want to see anyone hurt but this is very very strange, since we were talking about accidents.

"The family of a Los Angeles driver who was killed when he crashed his car and was ejected 20 feet in the air into a freeway sign had only days before performed an animal sacrifice they hoped would protect the 20-year-old from harm.

Richard Pananian died on Friday when he was tossed from his small Ford after crashing into another vehicle while driving at what California Highway Patrol called a high rate of speed. His body was found on an interstate sign above the wreckage."

This BS has been run on our local news for the last few days.

Man was found hanging in an overhead road sign due to rolling over at a high rate of speed, highway patrol took pics of the driver seat and clearly was NOT wearing a seat belt.

Now the Media liers are reporting he not only had a "5 Point race car" seat belt, he was WEARING it at the time.

You see the Media BS in this state? clear picture of the drivers seat, one piece shown, stock, standard seat belting.

Where in the sam hell some Media lier came up with a 5point belt is an amazing blantaint lie! pics do not lie!

Stupid Drama queen state and this is what they feed the masses daily!

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Man was found hanging in an overhead road sign due to rolling over at a high rate of speed, highway patrol took pics of the driver seat and clearly was NOT wearing a seat belt.

Now the Media liers are reporting he not only had a "5 Point race car" seat belt, he was WEARING it at the time.

You see the Media BS in this state? clear picture of the drivers seat, one piece shown, stock, standard seat belting.

Where in the sam hell some Media lier came up with a 5point belt is an amazing blantaint lie! pics do not lie!

[/quote

you mean these other cool looking stories are not true either? well they are probably fun to read?

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/12021-cops-man-disemboweled-his-girlfriend-after-she-screamed-out-exs-name-during-sex

• Like 3

[/quote

you mean these other cool looking stories are not true either? well they are probably fun to read?

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/12021-cops-man-disemboweled-his-girlfriend-after-she-screamed-out-exs-name-during-sex

The Media is NOT held accountable for anything, they will trump up a story in a heart beat.

And in Calif, anything goes, got a problem? get a lawyer, they run and ruin the state.

• Like 7

Mark, but they warn us when stormaggedon is about to wash us away.  :D

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

Animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!

P.S.

in my past OC life, i was always the Anamal........

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!

i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.  

• Like 5

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!

i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.  

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north.

Everyone i grew up with is dead.

For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.

• Like 6

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north. Everyone i grew up with is dead. For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.
well, thanks for the encouragement buddy... :D 

actually it’s good for me that i’m different than most...i don’t fit in with most crowds, so maybe i’ll be the one that gets out of here alive.  i’m surprised i’ve lasted here for as long as i have. 

• Like 5

Good morning gang

Coffee Duggans enhanced, is tasting perfect.

46 outside heading to a wonderfull 66, im tellin-ya, winter sneeking right in here.

Today i get to visit my wonderfull perveyor of pain, #@&^># Dentist :o

You would think in the 21st century they would comeup with something other than a needle to look forward to :mellow:

Nothing major, just maint.

Dentist will give me the "Normal" warning, no Alc/smoking for a few days, meanwile in the chair im tryin to think of my first drink of many that is only 5Min away from his office.

post-57941-0-21580000-1446641950_thumb.j

• Like 8