Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I think Payton Manning has lost some of his mojo. Might just be time to say goodbye at the end of this season.

He has lost a lot of his mojo, but he's still better than most QBs. I had the privilege of seeing him play in person quite a few times, his command of the field was impressive. 

He would warm up before a game longer than anybody. I remember watching him throwing sideline route passes to Edgerrin James for 30 minutes before a game, but he kept out throwing Edge by a few inches. Edge was trying a one handed catch. During the game, here comes that play….sideline route, the throw looks too far, Edge stretches out and catches it one handed. Manning had that pass down to the last inch. He might not get the credit he deserves, and he doesn't have a hand full of Superbowl rings, but he's the best QB the NFL ever had. Just my .02

• Like 6

That reminds me I need to post "any ad with Peyton Manning" in hated commercials.

Why?  1. He signed with the broncos. 2. the ads are not very good. 3. he teamed up with worker hater papa john. 4. he signed with the broncos.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 5

That reminds me I need to post "any ad with Peyton Manning" in hated commercials.

Why?  1. He signed with the broncos. 2. the ads are not very good. 3. he teamed up with worker hater papa john. 4. he signed with the broncos.

Payton even does local ads around Indy still. Of course he and Eli donated 20 mill for the Payton Manning Children's Hospital. He still has a house here, and does a lot of charity work.

• Like 7

How many athletes advertise for an owner who gets all pissed off about having to provide basic benefits for his employees?  The subject in this case was a response to my post in a fairly generic thread.  Which included those horrible Nationwide ads.  And you state he and Eli which further muddles things.  Good on them.  That's great.  Lot's of athletes do charity work.  Not all have the kind of money Eli and Peyton have.  So what?  I still  recoil at any commercial with Peyton in it.  Which by definition is the subject.

• Like 2

Can you heat it up in a toaster?

Yes….a toaster…………..oven

I gave up my stove after buying a Class A amplifier. :o

250-watts of constant power sucking, heat producing, egg frying, Class A amplification gi.gif

post-36163-0-56200000-1446414966_thumb.g

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 12

Some had asked to see the sub I got. It is a Velodyne F-1800RII. It is an old sub but had been in storage for years, so it has seen very little use. It is a servo controlled subwoofer. It is very fast for an 18" and blends well with my main speakers. It isn't turned up very much, as I only want it to fill in below 30Hz. I placed it off to the side of the system. The picture with it out front is to give you a size relation to the system.

velodyne3.jpg

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 12