Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang, working on second cup, breakfast down(french toast).  Not much planned for the day, maybe some home work.  We went from soccer and football all weekend long every weekend, to nothing.  I feel like I should get out and work on some projects, wife is talking about a craft fair, not really my cup of tea.  Well time for some more coffee and surfing the net for a couple of hours.

• Like 6

Been drinking instant coffee for the past week, but today we took a drive south of Manila to look at property. Much higher elevation, so it was really chilly this evening. However, we stopped at a Starbucks for a break. Real coffee, that Charbucks...

Sitting on the rim of Taal Lake and volcano. Definitely not active. Property is too expensive and it's too touristy for my taste.

Having a Red Horse, now that we're back at the house.

Bruce

post-5045-0-85020000-1446997900_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 6

Should be the perfect day. I have my coffee maker plugged into my line conditioner (helps to eliminate impurities). And I fabricated a paper in oil cone filter (with a gentle slope) which assists the crossover from the steam pressure mechanism to extract perfect flavor from the grind.  Tastes great brewed by my own hand, because damn if I ever visit a barista that makes $15 an hour.    :D

edit: damn if I ever visit a barista that is mandated to make $15 an hour. If the free market happens to provide $15 all the power to him or her.

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 5

Good morning folks.

Spinning some vinyl....playing it loud.  Slow Train Coming and Unplugged by Dylan.  Experimenting with anti-skating after reading a comment that the anti skating should be set as low as possible.  I've always set it the same as the tracking force....currently 1.5.

I cannot hear any difference from 1.5 to completely off :o and the arm doesn't wander.  What's up? Help with that appreciated.

LF on her way back from NY.  Should be here by 4:00 :)

Cool here today with a high of 60 expected.  Jake loves it.

I think LF has the Bills as her pick in the football pool.  Doing pretty well using a link someone here provided.  Maybe Steve?

15 was the Powerball number last night.  I got it....but none of the other numbers so I won't be cutting checks to you guys after all :(

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

This is more often what I find

Your ENTIRE family must be aware and comfortable with adopting a bulldog prior to submitting an application.

*Not all of our bullies may be a "fit" for your family based on health and social issues.  Bullies 2 the Rescue will determine who is the best fit for your family.

*Completing an application does not mean you are automatically approved to adopt or foster.

*Adoption fee are as follows: Over 2 years old $600 and Under 2 years $800.

*There is a $10 application fee which will go towards our foster dogs' medical needs.

*Adoption fees are non-negotiable.*

Note the prices to Adopt / Rescue a dog

I'm partial to Brittanies.  The 2 Brittany rescues are the same way.  I bought my last pure bred Brittany for half of what they want for an adoption, plus THEY will visit your home before and any time they want after you adopt to see if you are a good "pet parent".  NO. 

I have been to the aspca shelters a couple times and was denied adoption.  Right then I saw it was all a game..................They dont give you a reason, I think it was because I did not walk in with my tail between my legs and my checkbook open

Then a quick search online tells me all i need to know about these so called animal charities.  MOST of them are all about MONEY...............I am sure there are some that are legit, I just have not been able to find 1 yet

Was watching a movie last night and Kaylee (Penny off Big Bang Theory) came on and told me how sick Canadian seal hunts made her so she joined HSUS (not sure how that affects Canada but  (http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/humane-society_b_1943902.html) pretty much sums it up

Celebrity Endorsement of fraud.......................Ill Pass

• Like 2

Some good news, Mark you were correct batteries need to be connected for the UPS to operate, I hooked up my 1 amp charger as the battery pack and she powered right up, fans came on and a quick test shows 125 volts output

700.00 UPS (used refurbished price) got it for 25.00 and all I need to do is buy some replacement batteries,  Under 100.00 so all in 125.00 for a top notch ups with new batteries  I WILL TAKE IT  :D ..............Little things make me happy now  ;)

• Like 3

Gary,

Nice to see you posting some food! I posted this in the photography thread, but here it is again. Stayed at a wonderful resort in the Philippines, resort owner/investor is German. Low prices, and the food presentation superb.

Breakfast, obviously. Eggs, bacon, rice with roasted garlic on top. Side dish of watermelon, pineapple, mango, papaya, with a dip of honey and calamansi juice. Wife had a large fruit platter. Both had fresh mango juice (pretty much a puree). Nice brewed coffee. Cost maybe $7.00.

Bruce

post-5045-0-04460000-1447000295_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-31300000-1447000605_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 5

I use to have a beautiful Marantz 3300 preamp with wood case.  Don't know why I thought about it after all these years.  I looked on the bay and found a few....mostly beaters.  If anyone runs across a mint one let me know please.  A nostalgia thing :unsure:

On side 4 of Dylan's Unplugged....knocking on heavens door.

Good luck on the house search Bruce.....a guest room?

• Like 5

duder1982-

Great game. Do you want the goop?

I was just getting on to post.  That was a heck of a game, I don't know what goop is.

I read your last post, sure, I can you a good vinyl cleaner, but don't worry about it as we never really made the bet, we'll call it a gentleman's bet.   I did google goop and came up with this.

http://goop.com/

So if you have Gwen Paltrow, I will take her. 

duder1982-

In lieu of Ms. Paltrow, here is a link to Dave Mallete's testimonial thread: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/155914-bjesus-a-miracleby-dizrotus/ The first post contains a link to my original thread regarding the cleaning system,

I'll send you some that's already prepared and contains the ant-static agent, Cyastat SN.  For your convenience, I've attached the original articles from The Audio Amateur and some photos.  Please send a PM with address so I can send some goop.  As Mallette says, you won't be disappointed.

As a digression, while in Lincoln years ago to see Bobby Newcombe play against Texas A & M, Bobby's father took us to a mediocre Chinese restaurant.  Seems to me that an excellent steakhouse would have been more in keeping with the locale.

TAA_articles.pdf

post-6832-0-53820000-1447000708_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-21180000-1447000717_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-57340000-1447000725_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

Duder, you are doing good already getting what you are getting. If I can help, just let know.

Marvel, enjoy is all I can say.

Spin that lovely vinyl Tarheel. Wonder how the Bang& Olufsen is sounding.

Welcome to coffee and cables Neil ! :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

billybob-

Thanks for the welcome.  I still have that much traveled phono preamp I got from you.  Since I no longer need it, I'll donate it to the AK holiday auction to support veterans.

BTW, the Cyastat SN is available to anyone who reads the original thread, makes a qualifying charitable donation and sends me the requisite info.

duder1982's eligibility to receive fully prepared "goop," as Mallette calls it, is unique due to the recent gridiron contest.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

duder1982-

Great game. Do you want the goop?

I was just getting on to post.  That was a heck of a game, I don't know what goop is.

I read your last post, sure, I can you a good vinyl cleaner, but don't worry about it as we never really made the bet, we'll call it a gentleman's bet.   I did google goop and came up with this.

http://goop.com/

So if you have Gwen Paltrow, I will take her. 

duder1982-

In lieu of Ms. Paltrow, here is a link to Dave Mallete's testimonial thread: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/155914-bjesus-a-miracleby-dizrotus/ The first post contains a link to my original thread regarding the cleaning system,

I'll send you some that's already prepared and contains the ant-static agent, Cyastat SN.  For your convenience, I've attached the original articles from The Audio Amateur and some photos.  Please send a PM with address so I can send some goop.  As Mallette says, you won't be disappointed.

As a digression, while in Lincoln years ago to see Bobby Newcombe play against Texas A & M, Bobby's father took us to a mediocre Chinese restaurant.  Seems to me that an excellent steakhouse would have been more in keeping with the locale.

Cool article Diz

• Like 3

Hey guys ... a bit slow checking in, but then again there ain't much to report! Will tune in to the Broncos game in a while and make a sausage mixed grill for my lady tonight plus stream a movie. Beautiful day in Colorado.

Joe ... our experience with the English Springer Spaniel Rescue was quite different. A guy did come check out our home but after that it was 300 bucks which included all of his shots, neutering and grooming. And ...they brought the dog to us from central Kansas. So ... keep a lookin'. At least some of the rescues are ok.

Happy Sunday.

• Like 4

A good Sunday wish to all....

Coffee is long done...

Man it's been almost a month since I posted here.....I've been holding off cuz I have been stressing over my 1000th post... I finally got it done today..... might be a bit silly but I wanted to make it a good one....something worthy of a 1000th post.. So I started my 1000th post thread story..

But I have been here everyday with you guys keeping up with all the stuff..drinking the coffee with ya..

So to jump back in......

whatever55.... we use a Cuisinart coffee maker... our daughter grinds our Dunkin' Donuts oringal blend whole bean fresh every morning. 

OK gang check in later.... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

What brands of coffee maker are being used ???

Do you have to keep water in a Bunn or can you add water when you want to brew ? 

Bunn units keep water hot at all times.  To brew, you add the desired amount of water which displaces the already hot water in the tank.  That's how it can make a full pot in three minutes.

• Like 3