Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mark, don't lose all faith in the healthcare industry, they can help.

Glad Mom went back home, that's a good sign, hang in there….Bill

what i need to do is keep my faith in myself. i am a fast learner, and my mouth is not shy.  i sorted out the doctors office in pretty quick time - still considering reporting them.  now i have chewed out the doctor at the hospital, who was instantly self aware, and i think he may have learned something.

common sense will always prevail.  it is hard to reject the 'authority figure' that has been taught to you.  at the end of the day, and the beginning, we are all just human: good, bad, thoughtful, thoughtless, empathetic, PATHETIC.

fool me once, right?  i will ensure that these 'issues' don't happen again.  this kind of learning is very hard work!

on the bright side, the home health care folks are really nice, empathetic, responsibe and HELPFUL.  they will become a regular part of our journey.

thanks for all the well wishes.  what doesn't kill ya, right? 

:emotion-46:

i've never had a martini...

I'm glad you got some relief, that's a tough situation. You're correct, they are just human like us all. 

We went through this a few years ago, my Mom had Alzheimer's for 15 years, 13 years she did fine, the last few were tough. My Dad had all 7 of his children telling him to get help and put her in a home. He finally decided to try it. She stayed in a home for 3 days, he didn't like the care she was receiving, and brought her back home. 

We all helped him take care of her, she died in their living room, with her whole family there, about 50 people. When my Dad told my Mom he would take care of her till the day she died, he meant it. That was 66 years ago. I really admire him for what he did, they way he took care of her. 

I know it's tough now, and you're a good daughter for doing all you do for her, you and Mark seem like remarkable people.

• Like 8

Sitting here watching the paddles turn round. Doing my magic show on removing solids from raw drinking water trying to find a solution that is best. I guess I just love puzzle solving. 

What exactly is your puzzle?

Glad to hear mom is on her way back home Mark.

My specialty is liquid/solid separation. You just have to find the right chemicals in the right amount. I never find it tedious, but it can be time consuming. Very time consuming at times!

• Like 3

Happy Friday, all. Sunny and mild in our neck of the woods.

MKP and Boss .... bless you for all you are doing and going through. in my book, the best docs are the ones who not only have the technical skills, but also carefully LISTEN to their patients and their families and incorporate that information in all their decisions.

Have a great day folks.

Chuck

• Like 6

Looks like my cats have the right idea.....

Yup, that's Stoney sticking his little head of the covers.... that's how he sleeps..always covers his self up...

You can just see in the 1st pic Stoney sticking his nose out in the lower right....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-34120000-1462542696_thumb.j

post-58704-0-95920000-1462542807_thumb.j

post-58704-0-21400000-1462542834_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

Morning ya'll no coffee or drinks for me lately; just getting out of bed for the first time since Wed morning. As is the theme of late the Doc don't have a clue what's up. Couldn't swallow without a 9 pain and between was a constant 7. Gargling with Ambesol works for a while..NASTY! Throat swabs and blood work negative. No fever, slight headache with BP 150s / 90s (normally 120s / 80s).

Much better this morning so I got cleaned up, shaved and will try my normal day's activities. A trip to town for a pressure washer so I can clean the new, growing old, fence before staining. The cedar is starting to turn from new as I have been waiting some aging before applying anything. So what say you on stain (generically speaking, stain). I want to retain the new cedar look as best I can with clear or semi-clear spray on applied by pump garden sprayer. I have cedar across the front and then PT pine down the side. I hear cedar takes a special blend but can the pine take that as well or must be different? My likely choices will be whats available at HD, Lows and SSherman Williams.

• Like 6

Morning ya'll no coffee or drinks for me lately; just getting out of bed for the first time since Wed morning. As is the theme of late the Doc don't have a clue what's up. Couldn't swallow without a 9 pain and between was a constant 7. Gargling with Ambesol works for a while..NASTY! Throat swabs and blood work negative. No fever, slight headache with BP 150s / 90s (normally 120s / 80s).

Much better this morning so I got cleaned up, shaved and will try my normal day's activities. A trip to town for a pressure washer so I can clean the new, growing old, fence before staining. The cedar is starting to turn from new as I have been waiting some aging before applying anything. So what say you on stain (generically speaking, stain). I want to retain the new cedar look as best I can with clear or semi-clear spray on applied by pump garden sprayer. I have cedar across the front and then PT pine down the side. I hear cedar takes a special blend but can the pine take that as well or must be different? My likely choices will be whats available at HD, Lows and SSherman Williams.

From personal experience, be careful with the pressure washer on the cedar because you will compress and destroy the wood cells that you want to take in the stain.  Cabot has some great basic information on their site regarding proper preparation or better yet, find a local distributer for Sikkens products and I'm sure they will be able to assist you with the proper preparation products as well as IMHO, some of the best outdoor stain and wood preservative products available. 

• Like 4

Out of those 3 I would definitely go with S Williams, way better paint and stain. 

S Willliams' local boys including manager were less than clueless. Both of the others recommended Thompson's. Picked up a pressure washer that was adjustable up to 2800 so I'll start low with wide nozzle and some distance; I ruined a deck once.

Checking out Pete's recommendations.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Never been a Martini guy, but I'll have to see what all the fuss is about in hope, but I pour a mean shot of Tequila, neat of course, no fruit or salt should ever be required and if it is, you won't be drinking any of mine.  Let's hear from the Tequila drinkers going to hope, we should all bring a bottle to sample some different things.  I've been into the Cabo Anejo lately so I'll bring a bottle or two for the event, and you will bring??????????????????

I like you more and more everyday! I will have to decide what to bring!

• Like 4