Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Out of those 3 I would definitely go with S Williams, way better paint and stain. 

S Willliams' local boys including manager were less than clueless. Both of the others recommended Thompson's. Picked up a pressure washer that was adjustable up to 2800 so I'll start low with wide nozzle and some distance; I ruined a deck once.

Checking out Pete's recommendations.

That's a shame. Around here, MAB, S Williams, and Porter all have rest service, that's where the pro painters go. 

I wouldn't trust anything with Thompson's name on it. Their waterproofing is complete junk. 

If I had to get paint from the box stores, Behr from HD would be my choice.

• Like 4

Belvedere.....recommended by an old forum member, Winchester, remains my favorite.  Blue cheese stuffed olives....my garnish of choice.  Also found some chorizo stuffed olives recently.

Excellent vodka..... :) :) :)

• Like 2

Jammin' now at the Clarksville H.S. gym before the Last train to Clarksville rolled thru. I have sat in two different seats in the court house; only one was in the jury box (in later years)

post-19886-0-56720000-1462583768_thumb.j

post-19886-0-11280000-1462584013_thumb.j

post-19886-0-02720000-1462584203_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 3

"John Reeves, the wife murderer, was hung at Clarksville last Friday until he was as dead as a doornail. Strange as it may seem, there are many people who enjoy seeing a human being in the agonies of death as much as they enjoy a circus performance and the neck-breaking drew to Clarksville one of the largest crowds the town has ever seen.

John Reeves, who furnished the entertainment for the very large audience on this occasion, was perhaps as depraved a being as ever filled his lungs with ozone. One night when he and his wife were alone in their humble cabin near the little town of Avery, he deliberately killed the woman he had sworn to love and protect and then buried her in the garden. In his confession the brute who was clothed with human form stated that he buried the unfortunate woman before life was extinct, and that when he plowed over her body to hide the evidences of his crime she was still kicking.

The day before the miserable sinner was ushered into eternity he professed religion and was baptized into the Catholic Church. He may, like the dying thief, go straight to Paradise, but of this we are extremely doubtful. We know that God can take to His bosom whom he will, but until our understanding is opened wider it will be impossible for us to believe that the All-Wise being desires the presence of such a scoundrel as John Reeves in the home above."

copied from: https://www.facebook.com/TracesofTexas/

post-19886-0-60280000-1462584477_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 4

Jammin' now at the Clarksville H.S. gym before the Last train to Clarksville rolled thru. I have sat in two different seats in the court house; only one was in the jury box (in later years)

Rode the last train out of Clarksville, Arkansas when I was in the second grade. The school planned the trip for us. Rode the train to Fort Smith, then parents drove us in cars back to Clarksville. AFTER we visited Judge Parker's Courthouse (the hanging judge). The gallows could hang 5 men at a time. Fort Smith had the nickname of Hell on the Border. The border being the one between the US and Indian Territory.

• Like 2

Howdy all what's happening? Actually caught up on the previous pages. Will be

posting some ***** cat pics as I think I figured it out with the Paint program, courtesy of reading the forum here and Nancy, who drugged me all over the place to the point of lunacy trying to help me. Explains a lot. Just finished some inside chores while the

fiancé? is over at her sisters. I tend to get more done when the warden is absent... B)

Listening to the Chorus today while working and streaming u-tube. Sounding pretty good nowadays. Just thought I would pass on through...Icehouse and 2 pints of Hiram Walker peppermint schnapps, just for fun.

Try to post more when it makes some sense so...Cheers! :)

Glad to read you are over the kidney situation and relaxing with your organ Chuck. Sorry to read about your guitarist friend.

Nice place there Tarheel. All those going to Hope and Rodney's, I am sure you will enjoy.

Dude®, thinking you have solved the music setup while camping. Hope so!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 6

Happy Saturday all....Went car shopping with my daughter, she ended up with a 2016 Kia Sportage....I'm tired...I picked my daughter up at 7:15, together we picked up my sister because my sister is simply intimidating.The three of us went car shooping and at the dealers by 9:00am. After all is said and done, this includes going back to my daughters to get the 2004 Honda CRV with 191,000 and handing over the title.to it, it was about 13:15.

Anyway cheers all.

This is what I kinda feel like after car shopping....I just wanna stick my head in something...LOL

https://vine.co/v/ixr0uex97VA

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 6

I picked up three 750 ml bottles of Chopin today for the gathering in Hope.  They had inadvertently marked them down from 29.99/bottle to 19.95/bottle.  When the cashier rang them up at full price, I told her they were on sale.  One thing led to another and a manager was paged.  Sure enough, they screwed up the label and took it down immediately.  They honored the advertised price for me though!  I've never gotten them that cheap before.

• Like 6

Good evening my friends... Just reviewing some of the posts....

Ceptor, I LOVE the Behr product. I have a two toned deck as many have seen... I use the solid stain, and, horizontal surfaces are one color, verticals are the 'other!....

Today, we made our annual trip to the nursery and bought 7 hanging plants for the deck... LED spots are back in the fixtures to light them intensely after dark..

Hey Steve S. it is time to relax damit!, it is what I am doing here....

Playing a CD of fine bluegrass music from a band that opened up for us at a blues festival, made sure I Picked up one of their recordings!

Got I very nice white vino going in the 'correct' glass as always... Tasting, feeling good on this Saturday night, hangin' here and over in RTM ;0)image_35.jpegimage_37.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Gary, been following the success of the band and got to say, must be a called for performance. Yes, more power to you and all.

Been digging on the music. Solitary Man, others' I suppose is the request. :)  Maybe tour takes near Florida. Nancy into it too!

Anyway, super there Tigerman...speechless but, stunning good! 

• Like 6

Thank you Billy for your comment! We just got word that the tour will take us to a very famous castle in Ireland where we will do the same show and movie release there!!!! This is crazy stuff ;0))

.....and now I am relaxing with this music, currently playing through the 1968 Klipschorns with Dynaco power and Cambridge Audio pre.... Neil sounds great singing these movie standards and the orchestrations are first rate !

Here are the photos.... image_38.jpegimage_39.jpeg

• Like 7

Good evening my friends... Just reviewing some of the posts....

Ceptor, I LOVE the Behr product. I have a two toned deck as many have seen... I use the solid stain, and, horizontal surfaces are one color, verticals are the 'other!....

Today, we made our annual trip to the nursery and bought 7 hanging plants for the deck... LED spots are back in the fixtures to light them intensely after dark..

Hey Steve S. it is time to relax damit!, it is what I am doing here....

Playing a CD of fine bluegrass music from a band that opened up for us at a blues festival, made sure I Picked up one of their recordings!

Got I very nice white vino going in the 'correct' glass as always... Tasting, feeling good on this Saturday night, hangin' here and over in RTM ;0)image_35.jpegimage_37.jpeg

Very nice night...I started relaxing as soon as I came home after car shopping....went completely commando as soon as I locked the door to my place....LOL The stereo was turned on, tunes selected "started off with Rob Zombie" I cracked a beer and began "Again" contemplating life's meaning...So far life is wonderful :D

• Like 4